What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

On 3/30/2016 at 1:03 PM, chillumpuffer said:

The CP's have been catching up on some box sets on Murdoch TV. Our latest marathon has been Mad Men and really good it has been too. So we watch series 1-4 and settle in for series 5. 4 episodes in and they pull the rest of series 5 ! Not withstanding I almost had to put my joint out. Anyway I get on the old blower and wait until the sun sets before  I get through to someone who was actually born a human. " errr can you tell me why you have just deleted series 5 of Mad Men, when, and get this, you still have series 1-4 and 6-7 still available until 2017? The response was truly baffling. "yes Mr CP the license has expired for that particular series"  "So let me get this correct. The license has expired for a series bang in the middle of a box set and so we can watch 1-4 and 6-7?" "Yes that is correct" And I thought dope smokers were the the only ones stoned!

That sucks, CP! :o Did you have to pay a subscription fee for the entire box set or pay separately for each season? They better refund at least part of what you paid! It's only fair!

• 2 months later...

It was with great sadness that we learnt last evening that a member and fellow golfer died suddenly playing what he loved to do. He was a really lovely guy and always had time for people. We were in the team that he selected that played last Sunday, and while I questioned his team selection, it is very sad day indeed. Actually he wasn't the best player to be in a competition with, due to his constant talking, but having said that we considered him to be a good friend. Mrs CP was very upset because when we won for the team last Sunday he kissed her on the head and said well done. The club will be a quieter place without him and my thoughts are with his family. Say Hi to Seve for us man.

14 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

It was with great sadness that we learnt last evening that a member and fellow golfer died suddenly playing what he loved to do. He was a really lovely guy and always had time for people. We were in the team that he selected that played last Sunday, and while I questioned his team selection, it is very sad day indeed. Actually he wasn't the best player to be in a competition with, due to his constant talking, but having said that we considered him to be a good friend. Mrs CP was very upset because when we won for the team last Sunday he kissed her on the head and said well done. The club will be a quieter place without him and my thoughts are with his family. Say Hi to Seve for us man.

Sorry to hear about that, CP.   My condolences.

35 minutes ago, Walter said:

RIP to all of the victims in this mornings hate crime shooting in downtown Orlando.  Senseless.

A sad day... I echo your sentiments, Walter

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

A sad and sorry state of affairs. These humans ( if you can call them that) know no bounds to their bigoted and radical views. I concur with your sentiments Walter and condolences to families of the victims.

We're out of town right now, but I feel like we should be there to give blood, grief assistance, etc.  I work about 3 miles from where it happened.  Mrs Walter had her treatments a few blocks away from that club.  The city has been our home for 30 years - it's horrible seeing these headlines on the news everywhere.  

7 hours ago, Walter said:

We're out of town right now, but I feel like we should be there to give blood, grief assistance, etc.  I work about 3 miles from where it happened.  Mrs Walter had her treatments a few blocks away from that club.  The city has been our home for 30 years - it's horrible seeing these headlines on the news everywhere.  

Heartbreaking.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We are no longer part of The European Union

Just waking up to see this.  Is this law or can it just be used as a recommendation?  I also saw the US DOW is looking like it will open 700 points down on futures.  Happy Friday....eek! :o 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Just waking up to see this.  Is this law or can it just be used as a recommendation?  I also saw the US DOW is looking like it will open 700 points down on futures.  Happy Friday....eek! :o 

It is not a recommendation but a referendum which was voted by 72% of the people (@37million). I mean, of course it won't happen overnight. It basically means we are not "governed" ( with a small g) by Brussels, so we are politically a free state and not a member state. Bad news for security, employment ,investment, workers rights etc etc.

As far as "law" is concerned, it isn't a legal challenge Walt. It will happen

This has far greater ramifications for the whole of Europe. You wait what will happen. Many Countries will see this as a get out option and have their own referendums and it can only fan the flames of the far right and nationalists and we know what happened back then in Europe?

A sad depressing day.

51 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It is not a recommendation but a referendum which was voted by 72% of the people (@37million). I mean, of course it won't happen overnight. It basically means we are not "governed" ( with a small g) by Brussels, so we are politically a free state and not a member state. Bad news for security, employment ,investment, workers rights etc etc.

As far as "law" is concerned, it isn't a legal challenge Walt. It will happen

This has far greater ramifications for the whole of Europe. You wait what will happen. Many Countries will see this as a get out option and have their own referendums and it can only fan the flames of the far right and nationalists and we know what happened back then in Europe?

A sad depressing day.

Sounds like a mess that everyone needs to pay close attention to, so the same "type" of vote doesn't happen over here in November....   

Today I found out that the nice old lady who lives next door was found dead in her car in her garage. God I hope it wasn't suicide because I know she has been very depressed since her two sisters both died a few months apaart.  she has always been so kind to me I just feel awful.

17 minutes ago, kipper said:

Today I found out that the nice old lady who lives next door was found dead in her car in her garage. God I hope it wasn't suicide because I know she has been very depressed since her two sisters both died a few months apaart.  she has always been so kind to me I just feel awful.

RIP.........sad story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Sad day for music. As a lover of music and this awesome fuckin' band, I am absolutely heart-broken over this:

Capture2.PNG

Well that well and truly sucks. As Paul Harvey always said, there's got to be more to the story. Hmmm...I see a Graveyard reunion tour in 2026...maybe as early as 2021.