What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Fucking boiler broke on Friday and still no one can be bothered to come and fix it. What really pisses me off is that it got serviced 2 weeks ago and the "mate" who did it said he would fix it or send some one who can - this was Saturday. Nothing

The landscapers who started the work in the garden last Monday. Jet washed the patio in rediness for the grouting which should have started today - nothing

I am out of logs. Called the supplier last week and again today. Nothing. Shit we need them with no heating.

I am seething. What is it about people? My pet hate in life is unreliability.

16 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

There is something seriously wrong, sick and twisted with the country that I currently live in:

https://www.popxo.com/2018/04/details-of-kathua-rape-case-from-the-chargesheet/

that is really hard to read

I find it very sad how women in Hindu and Muslim countries are so badly treated. Rape is a terrible crime no matter where it happens, but it starts when people treat women as things and not real people.

15 hours ago, kipper said:

that is really hard to read

I find it very sad how women in Hindu and Muslim countries are so badly treated. Rape is a terrible crime no matter where it happens, but it starts when people treat women as things and not real people.

You hit the nail on the head, there. And what I get really angry about is, rape cases like these are politicized. It's a shame and totally unacceptable. 

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

You hit the nail on the head, there. And what I get really angry about is, rape cases like these are politicized. It's a shame and totally unacceptable. 

I'm glad you agree. A few years ago there was a family from india who lived downstairs and the father was very brutal and he would beat his wife and two daughters . I felt so helpless to do anything because when the police came the poor woman would never say what had happened to her but we all knew because we could hear it when it was happening.  Then one day one of the daughters was late coming home from school (she was in the library studying) and the father accused her of being with a boy and he beat her very badly and the mother and other daughter fled to another neighbors apartment who was a kindly catholic woman who helped the wife get into a shelter.

I never used to think as rape as part of a cultural thing until I stopped to ponder it. Not that every time a man looks at a woman or a date goes wrong is that some kind of thing like they call "rape culture" I think that goes to far. But there is a cultural thing when women are looked down upon and then men treat them unfairly.  I only mentioned India and Muslim places because a lot of women are treated like property in those cultures and I think it happens in China too.

18 hours ago, kipper said:

I'm glad you agree. A few years ago there was a family from india who lived downstairs and the father was very brutal and he would beat his wife and two daughters . I felt so helpless to do anything because when the police came the poor woman would never say what had happened to her but we all knew because we could hear it when it was happening.  Then one day one of the daughters was late coming home from school (she was in the library studying) and the father accused her of being with a boy and he beat her very badly and the mother and other daughter fled to another neighbors apartment who was a kindly catholic woman who helped the wife get into a shelter.

I never used to think as rape as part of a cultural thing until I stopped to ponder it. Not that every time a man looks at a woman or a date goes wrong is that some kind of thing like they call "rape culture" I think that goes to far. But there is a cultural thing when women are looked down upon and then men treat them unfairly.  I only mentioned India and Muslim places because a lot of women are treated like property in those cultures and I think it happens in China too.

Yes, Kipper. You're right. There is a massive discrepancy between how men and women are treated. In extreme cases, women are treated like property. In India, even in middle class and upper middle class homes, there are subtle differences. I mean, in childhood (if the poor girl survives dangers such as female infanticide), it pertains to the brother getting more to eat during meals. While in college, it all boils down to the girl being discouraged from pursuing advanced degrees like a PhD (especially in science and math oriented subjects), for fear that she will not be able to find a suitable husband to 'settle down' with. My parents are very liberal minded. I am the only daughter and I don't have siblings. I feel so lucky because I have been encouraged to forge my own path, right from the get go! There are two female colleagues at work (who are also friends of mine), who might quit their jobs, just to get married. Another female colleague did the same thing, just last year. I know, to each their own but she really loved her job and it just broke her heart that she had to quit. I could see the pain in her eyes, on her last day! She had been with the company for three years. Interestingly, her husband still has his old job! My neighbours have asked me, whether I have any plans of quitting my job, to get married. I have managed to evade that question, every time. The truth is, I want to have a career. I also want to travel the world and I am hoping to go back to school to pursue a PhD in Analytics. None of my plans and my bold way of thinking, would have been possible, if it weren't for my wonderful parents!

The case that you told me about that involved domestic violence, made my blood boil. I am so glad that the poor wife and daughter managed to get into a shelter. What happened to the other daughter? I hope she's still not with the father?!

Marriage should always be an equal partnership. When a man assaults a woman, he  to be human in my book! But that and sickening concepts like 'honour killing' are so commonplace in some sects of the Indian community that it is shocking how people have come to accept it! There have been cases of honour killing even in countries like Canada. Absolutely horrific!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Yes, Kipper. You're right. There is a massive discrepancy between how men and women are treated. In extreme cases, women are treated like property. In India, even in middle class and upper middle class homes, there are subtle differences. I mean, in childhood (if the poor girl survives dangers such as female infanticide), it pertains to the brother getting more to eat during meals. While in college, it all boils down to the girl being discouraged from pursuing advanced degrees like a PhD (especially in science and math oriented subjects), for fear that she will not be able to find a suitable husband to 'settle down' with. My parents are very liberal minded. I am the only daughter and I don't have siblings. I feel so lucky because I have been encouraged to forge my own path, right from the get go! There are two female colleagues at work (who are also friends of mine), who might quit their jobs, just to get married. Another female colleague did the same thing, just last year. I know, to each their own but she really loved her job and it just broke her heart that she had to quit. I could see the pain in her eyes, on her last day! She had been with the company for three years. Interestingly, her husband still has his old job! My neighbours have asked me, whether I have any plans of quitting my job, to get married. I have managed to evade that question, every time. The truth is, I want to have a career. I also want to travel the world and I am hoping to go back to school to pursue a PhD in Analytics. None of my plans and my bold way of thinking, would have been possible, if it weren't for my wonderful parents!

The case that you told me about that involved domestic violence, made my blood boil. I am so glad that the poor wife and daughter managed to get into a shelter. What happened to the other daughter? I hope she's still not with the father?!

Marriage should always be an equal partnership. When a man assaults a woman, he  to be human in my book! But that and sickening concepts like 'honour killing' are so commonplace in some sects of the Indian community that it is shocking how people have come to accept it! There have been cases of honour killing even in countries like Canada. Absolutely horrific!

thanks for sharing that Kiwi.  I'm glad to hear your parents are different than most of the other thinking there.  Marriage is supposed to be a equal partnership even when men and woman have different jobs. Treating a wife as less makes no sense. Where would the world be without wives and mothers?

Working in retail is really taking its toll on me. I work in a deli inside a busy supermarket. 

Physically, having to stand for 8 hours a day,  lifting, bending into the case.

But even worse is the abuse we sometimes get. I'm over it,  and ready to explode. I've already warned the store manager. 

Some people think of us as slaves, dogs, robots. They think they can say whatever they want to us and it's ok because they are the customer and we have to just cop it.

Where have manners gone?

Please guys, before you spew some smart arse comment to a staff member,  stop and think how you'd feel if someone did it to your Mum/Dad/brother /sister /child.

:boohoo:

1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

Working in retail is really taking its toll on me. I work in a deli inside a busy supermarket. 

But even worse is the abuse we sometimes get. I'm over it,  and ready to explode. I've already warned the store manager. 

Some people think of us as slaves, dogs, robots. They think they can say whatever they want to us and it's ok because they are the customer and we have to just cop it.

Where have manners gone?

Please guys, before you spew some smart arse comment to a staff member,  stop and think how you'd feel if someone did it to your Mum/Dad/brother /sister /child.

Slave(and only to LZ:you_rock:

Got a friend in the Deli here,name is Ann,sweetheart.I call her sunshine,she calls me hey you!:lol: She did this for me: A few Thanksgivings ago there was no ready to go,heat-n-eat dinner for two,store dropped it,even though many older singles or couples did not want to go all in for prep/cooking/cleaning.She said I will get you what you need,"You and your Mum?" Yes,please!Dinner,yes,thru in a huge pie(apple),whipped cream,some other fixings,way beyond what was expected.

$20.USD,.... wow! I always from that point on try to find her and thank her,say 'Hi Sunshine!" and would defend her life and her home from anybody!Zombies?HA!

I think I am too far away to tell you thanks,.......chin up!Chin fookin' up!

Anjin-san

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

Slave(and only to LZ:you_rock:

Got a friend in the Deli here,name is Ann,sweetheart.I call her sunshine,she calls me hey you!:lol: She did this for me: A few Thanksgivings ago there was no ready to go,heat-n-eat dinner for two,store dropped it,even though many older singles or couples did not want to go all in for prep/cooking/cleaning.She said I will get you what you need,"You and your Mum?" Yes,please!Dinner,yes,thru in a huge pie(apple),whipped cream,some other fixings,way beyond what was expected.

$20.USD,.... wow! I always from that point on try to find her and thank her,say 'Hi Sunshine!" and would defend her life and her home from anybody!Zombies?HA!

I think I am too far away to tell you thanks,.......chin up!Chin fookin' up!

Anjin-san

Thanks, mate

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2018 at 2:01 AM, apantherfrommd said:

I saw a squirrel today in a parking lot. It had gotten run over.

It was using it's front paws to drag it's self across. I stopped.

It's heart was beating so fast. It was heartbreaking.

Well the right thing to do is finish him off.  He cant be saved so just hit him over the head.   I know its sad. I have 6 in my tree I feed daily.  The birds are my main target but I also feed the squirrels black oil sunflower seeds. And chipmunks and rabbits.

Dirty rotten Senegal lets Japan score with 12 minutes left and ties the game.  Cost me about $150.  In other words I would have won that much.  It did not cost much to bet the parlay.  I should have known better. Stupid bastards they are. 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well the right thing to do is finish him off.  He cant be saved so just hit him over the head.  

:redcard:

You're a great guy. How can you say that?! That's a furry animal. They don't plot against us people. They see us for food. :lol:

I can't bash 'em over the head like with a shovel or something. They can be saved. Kinda. Ya know? Halfway? 7 out of 10 people would take them to help. Right?

Edited by apantherfrommd

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Waking up to see a picture of the fat cheat Maradona being treated by medics, only to find he is still alive. Come on grim Reaper his time has surely come?

Fucking drama queen, c**t has to be the centre of attention..

20 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Vive la France. That should finish him off

Yeah but then he'll be stealing the limelight again. 

Edited by JTM

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

:redcard:

You're a great guy. How can you say that?! That's a furry animal. They don't plot against us people. They see us for food. :lol:

I can't bash 'em over the head like with a shovel or something. They can be saved. Kinda. Ya know? Halfway? 7 out of 10 people would take them to help. Right?

Well it sounded like he could not be saved and its better to put him down.  Since I doubt you carry a gun which would be the best way, there is no other way.  Though he wouldn't last much longer anyway I am sure.  I would have put him down.  Assuming it was bad   If not I would have taken him to the local humane society

On 4/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, slave to zep said:

Thanks, mate

On 4/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, slave to zep said:

Where have manners gone?

I worked in restaurants when I was younger and its stressful.  I was a head cook at 3.  Its crazy.  So I can relate.  Hang in there or find another occupation.  Easier said than done I know.

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Waking up to see a picture of the fat cheat Maradona being treated by medics, only to find he is still alive. Come on grim Reaper his time has surely come?

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Fucking drama queen, c**t has to be the centre of attention..

Yeah I saw him giving the “double bird” after Argentina scored the go ahead goal. Class act.

Junior refers to him as the angriest guy in the world. 😂

Edited by Walter

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Yeah I saw him giving the “double bird” after Argentina scored the go ahead goal. Class act.

Junior refers to him as the angriest guy in the world. 😂

May I educate Junior Chuck, the biggest cheating twat in the world:D