What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

3 hours ago, kipper said:

I guess that would matter if presidents were elected by popular vote but they are not.  All you are basically pointing out is that millions of unenlightened people in a handful of unenlightened states cast more votes than they needed to. 

I usually dont bring up the subjects, it is usually some butthurt who gets triggered everytime our president farts who starts whining from the usual suspects around here.

I dont think anyone needs to stir shit around here, there is a lot of shit just floating around all the time anyway. I didnt create that, it was here when I got here.

Do you realize the US is the ONLY democratic republic which utilizes an electoral college system? Do you know only four other nations use an electoral college system and all are not democratic but totalitarian? Do you know that the electoral college system, as outlined in the constitution became irrelevant and moot once the Civil War broke out in 1861? The whole purpose of the electoral college was to ensure the slave states had a great weight of vote to ensure slavery could not be abolished...that was the ONLY reason for the electoral college.

We should have eliminated the electoral college in 1865 after the Civil War, instead, we kept it in an effort to manipulate the vote if necessary. So, in 16 years we have had two Presidents elected who lost the popular vote...and by quite a bit at that.

You know Kip, if anyone would have said 10 years ago the US would have a President like Trump I would say no way, they were crazy, yet here we are. If someone would say a decent number of the American population would have no problem with a President who lies, every day on national TV, tweets like a deranged animal daily, sides with our adversaries and disavows our allies and our own agencies I would say they were absolutely mad. There would be no way this could happen in the US.

If you truly like Trump that speaks volumes of who you are and what you represent, the devolution of the American Psyche from the worlds moral compass to just another banana republic run by just another tin-pot dictator. Just remember, that sword cuts both ways and those who follow such leaders typically become swallowed up by the very monster they created.

Good luck

BTW Kip, as your tone and syntax has changed considerably from your last post compared to prior posts, it is obvious my suspicions are correct. You are hear simply to troll.

Edited by IpMan

22 hours ago, IpMan said:

Do you realize the US is the ONLY democratic republic which utilizes an electoral college system? Do you know only four other nations use an electoral college system and all are not democratic but totalitarian? Do you know that the electoral college system, as outlined in the constitution became irrelevant and moot once the Civil War broke out in 1861? The whole purpose of the electoral college was to ensure the slave states had a great weight of vote to ensure slavery could not be abolished...that was the ONLY reason for the electoral college.

We should have eliminated the electoral college in 1865 after the Civil War, instead, we kept it in an effort to manipulate the vote if necessary. So, in 16 years we have had two Presidents elected who lost the popular vote...and by quite a bit at that.

You know Kip, if anyone would have said 10 years ago the US would have a President like Trump I would say no way, they were crazy, yet here we are. If someone would say a decent number of the American population would have no problem with a President who lies, every day on national TV, tweets like a deranged animal daily, sides with our adversaries and disavows our allies and our own agencies I would say they were absolutely mad. There would be no way this could happen in the US.

If you truly like Trump that speaks volumes of who you are and what you represent, the devolution of the American Psyche from the worlds moral compass to just another banana republic run by just another tin-pot dictator. Just remember, that sword cuts both ways and those who follow such leaders typically become swallowed up by the very monster they created.

Good luck

BTW Kip, as your tone and syntax has changed considerably from your last post compared to prior posts, it is obvious my suspicions are correct. You are hear simply to troll.

Hillary never lied? Is that what you are saying?

If I understood history correctly then all the reasons why there were compromises before the states agreed to a constitution was because without them there would have been no constitution ipman. Leave slavery out of it, it was a horrble chapter in our history, But would the farming and plantation states ever agreed to a voting system that gave all the power to the northern big cities?  I dont think so, so it is was it is.

You may not like Trump but half of America does. And I heard on the news that lots of Republicans didnt even vote for Trump and he still won. It said those many people just stayed home probably because they were uncomfortable with him like you say. But I heard that if all the Republicans who stayed out and didnt vote then but are voting now, then the numbers wouldnt seem so high for Hillary.

I dont see Trump as a monster but I sure saw Hillary as one. She lied to us for over 20 years.

Gee Ipman. I'm dammed if I do or damned if I don't with you. You make fun of my posts all the time and when I try to proofread and fix problems you say it isn't me.

Whatever

45 minutes ago, kipper said:

Gee Ipman. I'm dammed if I do or damned if I don't with you. You make fun of my posts all the time and when I try to proofread and fix problems you say it isn't me.

Whatever

That's not true and you know that. Your other posts did not simply contain grammatical errors. Those I understand as people post after a long day, are tired, typing fast etc. What I am referring to is the actual literacy and tone of your post. Your prior posts are Steve Erkel'ish, outlandish statements formed in a purposely ignorant fashion ala Archie Bunker. Your recent posts are clear and concise, well executed and literate. So either you have been taking some courses (good for you if so), or you have just been cheeky they whole time. TBH there is nothing wrong with that unless your intent is to cause unrest for the pleasure of watching the shit fly.

I never said you were someone else, I said you were essentially pretending to be a parody when in fact you are obviously quite bright and articulate.

I would take the complement Kip.

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

That's not true and you know that. Your other posts did not simply contain grammatical errors. Those I understand as people post after a long day, are tired, typing fast etc. What I am referring to is the actual literacy and tone of your post. Your prior posts are Steve Erkel'ish, outlandish statements formed in a purposely ignorant fashion ala Archie Bunker. Your recent posts are clear and concise, well executed and literate. So either you have been taking some courses (good for you if so), or you have just been cheeky they whole time. TBH there is nothing wrong with that unless your intent is to cause unrest for the pleasure of watching the shit fly.

I never said you were someone else, I said you were essentially pretending to be a parody when in fact you are obviously quite bright and articulate.

I would take the complement Kip.

Whatever ipman.  I have said before that I am dyslexic and its not like I have a great computer available when I post something quickly. Most of the time I try to get stuff posted before my posts crash or I just get a constant disconnect.  I live in an apartment and I share my wifi with two of my neighbors so we can afford it.

I have always been honest and I am reading more than I used to. So I dont know what the problem is. When you post something I take the time to look it up and read about what you suggest. But I don't take it for granted that you are correct. what I try to do is to see if what you are saying is correct and lots of times you are just voicing the party line.

3 years ago I knew almost nothing about the electoral colege but found an interest in it after watching fox news explain the importance. It turns out to be a brilliant check and balance in the system but it may not feel that way every election.

You can think what you wish about me ipman but I know I'm a good person and as such I am always trying to learn and improve myself.

Hey there ‘What Made You Un-Happy Today?’ thread people! How are ya doin? Seems like a lot of coverin’ each other’s asses is going on here. Funny how a couple of people throw scuds at others then come back all innocent, tryin’ to be the good guys. That’s a punk ass tactic that seems to be gaining momentum recently. Just an observation. Hasn’t made me unhappy or anything. I’m just lookin’ to the weekend. 

Rock on! Or no kcor for the dyslexic dude!

• 3 weeks later...

Jacksonville, Florida.

I first thought of Paul Carruthers reading about this shooting. Paul loves wrestling and so I figure he probably loves video games, too. Hope you weren't there, Paul, and hope you are okay.

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Jacksonville, Florida.

I first thought of Paul Carruthers reading about this shooting. Paul loves wrestling and so I figure he probably loves video games, too. Hope you weren't there, Paul, and hope you are okay.

floridas has more idiots than most places. Lots of morons live in Florida, its really aweful there with heat, bugs, and storms to.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, Strider said:

Jacksonville, Florida.

As did I. Glad all is well, Paul! 

Fathers day! Another Zep shirt, Rumors LP for when I get a player, lots of great presents from the wife and kids, In Through The Out Door on the stereo this morning to prepare a late brekky to - maybe HOTH to follow.

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads on here....

20 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Fathers day! Another Zep shirt, Rumors LP for when I get a player, lots of great presents from the wife and kids, In Through The Out Door on the stereo this morning to prepare a late brekky to - maybe HOTH to follow.

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads on here....

Hi "rm2551". Am I in the wrong thread? Those presents sound great! What kind of player do you want for the Rumors LP?

Happy Fathers Day to you, good sir!

10 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Hi "rm2551". Am I in the wrong thread? Those presents sound great! What kind of player do you want for the Rumors LP?

Happy Fathers Day to you, good sir!

Cheers Panther - wrong thread indeed! :veryhot:

It made me VERY happy.

Bloody Bronco's!!!!!!! (NRL)

Knocked out in the first finals game by StGeorge who played really average. Unfortunately, that was more then enough to wipe the floor with us. For some inexplicable reason we did not show up to play (or rather defend in any capacity whatsoever) and were embarrassing to watch. Most of the crowd - my troupe included, left with 10mins to go. Just a shocking display of laziness and no effort. I can't even bring myself to watch the highlights (that's a laugh!) reel.

It will take most of the summer to get over seeing that.... :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

The city I live in has a once-a-year FREE trash pick up.  You can put out two large appliances, like refrigerators or washers, or two large pieces of furniture, couches or mattresses, four tires, and up to 30 large trash bags. Did I mention it's free?

HOWEVER, people dump trash in great piles around the city!  WTF? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Starting to feel melancholy as the evenings are getting darker and the summer is a distant memory. Autumn is OK but.........

I have nothing but loathing for the Winter. Dark, miserable and wet. Add to the mix that dreadful Christmas shite. I think I need a holiday

I feel ya...I'm heading to Vegas this Wed for a LOOONG weekend!

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Starting to feel melancholy as the evenings are getting darker and the summer is a distant memory. Autumn is OK but.........

I have nothing but loathing for the Winter. Dark, miserable and wet. Add to the mix that dreadful Christmas shite. I think I need a holiday

Sorry to hear that. I'd send some sunshine your way if I could...we have a surplus of sun over here. Only this week has it finally felt as if summer is over. No more temps in the high-80s and 90s F. 

Instead, I woke up to temps in the low-mid 70s and the air had that autumn crispness I love so much. The sun does set earlier...around 7pm....but I don't mind that so much. Of course when we move the clocks back it will be worse, as then it will get dark while I am still at work. I hate that.