What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

On 10/9/2018 at 1:17 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Starting to feel melancholy as the evenings are getting darker and the summer is a distant memory. Autumn is OK but.........

I have nothing but loathing for the Winter. Dark, miserable and wet. Add to the mix that dreadful Christmas shite. I think I need a holiday

Perhaps a trip to London might cheer you up mate? 

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Perhaps a trip to London might cheer you up mate? 

Thought of that but i woke up in a cold sweat. One thing i always thank my folks for was to move up here. I see another gruesome murder in the cesspit? Oh the tranquillity of the countryside?

Thanks for your concern man.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chef free said:

more people need to be prepared to shoot back would help. not me, I'd be the worst to do that, but how many people just sit waiting to be slaughtered like sheep?

just terrible news today

• 2 weeks later...

The "Camp Fire" in Butte County in the foothills of California. My sister and Brother-in-law had to evacuate from their home/shop in Paradise. This thing just exploded from 8,000 acres to over 17,000 overnight due to high winds. The got out OK but they had to leave the Harleys.  Looks like everything is gone...

https://krcrtv.com/news/butte-county/fire-spreading-in-butte-countys-feather-river-canyon

On 11/8/2018 at 2:32 PM, chef free said:

The "Camp Fire" in Butte County in the foothills of California. My sister and Brother-in-law had to evacuate from their home/shop in Paradise. This thing just exploded from 8,000 acres to over 17,000 overnight due to high winds. The got out OK but they had to leave the Harleys.  Looks like everything is gone...

https://krcrtv.com/news/butte-county/fire-spreading-in-butte-countys-feather-river-canyon

My friends and family up north are okay so far. But some of my friends have had to evacuate from the Woolsey/Malibu fire that has been raging all week. Some are crashing with friends, some have had to find hotel or motel rooms. Two have since discovered their homes were lost in the fire.

Along with Neil Young...whose house burned down on his birthday yesterday.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

My friends and family up north are okay so far. But some of my friends have had to evacuate from the Woolsey/Malibu fire that has been raging all week. Some are crashing with friends, some have had to find hotel or motel rooms. Two have since discovered their homes were lost in the fire.

My younger brother lives way up in Northern Ca up the Smith River from Crescent City in Gasket. Over this weekend there were 20 "suspicious" fires set in the forest! What the Actual FUK? He just messaged that they caught the guy...

17 hours ago, Strider said:

I like Neil youngs music but he seemed a little off his trolly blaming his house burning down on the man in Washington DC. 

I feel really bad for all of these people losing lives and Young is upset because one of his several homes burned down.

6 hours ago, kipper said:

I like Neil youngs music but he seemed a little off his trolly blaming his house burning down on the man in Washington DC. 

I feel really bad for all of these people losing lives and Young is upset because one of his several homes burned down.

I suppose he's mad because Mr. Trump is trying to imply that the fires here are California's fault, but the federal govt "manages" 57% of the forests in California.

https://ucanr.edu/sites/forestry/California_forests/

2 minutes ago, chef free said:

I suppose he's mad because Mr. Trump is trying to imply that the fires here are California's fault, but the federal govt "manages" 57% of the forests in California.

https://ucanr.edu/sites/forestry/California_forests/

I think they are both wrong and the fires are just a natural occurrence given the climate and the conditions.  On the news they were saying these kinds of fires have been going on for centuries so it isnt climate change. I heard that one fire in 1889 in California was like the 3rd biggest fire ever and that was before cars. I think climate change is a hoax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Canyon_Fire

10 hours ago, kipper said:

I don't know where you get your news but that's not what he said. Neil wasn't blaming Trump, he was replying to Trump's ignorant and callous tweets blaming "forest mismanagement" (none of the fires are "forest fires", they are in urban settings with drought-dried hills) and threatening to cut off Federal Aid to California.

The majority of California's forests are under Federal (i.e. Trump) control not the state and Trump is the one that has cut the budget and personnel for wilderness oversight. Making it harder for people to do their jobs. California actually does a pretty good job on their own, considering the circumstances.

Of course, Trump's tweets about the fire point up a larger concern than Trump's own ignorance. It shows once again how in a time of crisis (be it a hurricane, a school shooting, a fire, a Nazi march) Trump is a divider not a uniter. He absolutely refuses to act "presidential" in any circumstance. 

Every previous President in history, no matter what his politics, from George Washington to Barack Obama, knew how to be a healer in a time of disaster. They knew that they were the President of all the United States. But not Trump. His petty narcissism won't allow him to drop the clown campaign rally show for a second. In his eyes, California did not vote for him so why should he (and his base) care what happens out here? 

It was that cruel callous disregard for fellow Americans that prompted Neil Young's angry response. This is also on top of Trump continuously using Neil's song "Rocking in the Free World" without permission, after Neil asked them not to use it.

Toss in Trump's embarrassing display overseas for Armistice Day and his pissing on military vets votes in Florida, ol' POTUS had himself quite a weekend.

Climate change is not a hoax.

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, kipper said:

I think they are both wrong and the fires are just a natural occurrence given the climate and the conditions.  On the news they were saying these kinds of fires have been going on for centuries so it isnt climate change. I heard that one fire in 1889 in California was like the 3rd biggest fire ever and that was before cars. I think climate change is a hoax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Canyon_Fire

But 9 of the 10 biggest fires in California history have happened in the last 15 years... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_wildfires

As far as Climate change being a "hoax", I think you should get your science information from scientists not politicians.

3 hours ago, chef free said:

As far as Climate change being a "hoax", I think you should get your science information from scientists not politicians.

It is baffling to understand the concept of the entire world scientific community somehow uniting under an agenda, disregarding science - which is the basis of their life long career and pursuit, and foisting a "conspiracy" onto the world. And to what end? All those individual scientists, all those scientific institutions, universities, professors,  and professionals. All that scientifically peer reviewed data and modelling and all of them trying to dig holes in each others theories (scientific scepticism). I will never understand it if I live to a thousand. It's laughable except it's so tragic this is now our reality.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I don't know where you get your news but that's not what he said. Neil wasn't blaming Trump, he was replying to Trump's ignorant and callous tweets blaming "forest mismanagement" (none of the fires are "forest fires", they are in urban settings with drought-dried hills) and threatening to cut off Federal Aid to California.

The majority of California's forests are under Federal (i.e. Trump) control not the state and Trump is the one that has cut the budget and personnel for wilderness oversight. Making it harder for people to do their jobs. California actually does a pretty good job on their own, considering the circumstances.

Of course, Trump's tweets about the fire point up a larger concern than Trump's own ignorance. It shows once again how in a time of crisis (be it a hurricane, a school shooting, a fire, a Nazi march) Trump is a divider not a uniter. He absolutely refuses to act "presidential" in any circumstance. 

Every previous President in history, no matter what his politics, from George Washington to Barack Obama, knew how to be a healer in a time of disaster. They knew that they were the President of all the United States. But not Trump. His petty narcissism won't allow him to drop the clown campaign rally show for a second. In his eyes, California did not vote for him so why should he (and his base) care what happens out here? 

It was that cruel callous disregard for fellow Americans that prompted Neil Young's angry response. This is also on top of Trump continuously using Neil's song "Rocking in the Free World" without permission, after Neil asked them not to use it.

Toss in Trump's embarrassing display overseas for Armistice Day and his pissing on military vets votes in Florida, ol' POTUS had himself quite a weekend.

Climate change is not a hoax.

I dont agree with Trump all the time but I dont think he was blaming the firefighters he was pointing out bad policy managment. For example all the money California wastes on stupid stuff like bullet trains and wasting billions of dollars on giving money to illegal aliens and then has to rent water dropping planes from Canada.

If you check out the history of wild fires in California they have been going on longer than the USA even owned California. Climate change is a hoax.

22 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

It is baffling to understand the concept of the entire world scientific community somehow uniting under an agenda, disregarding science - which is the basis of their life long career and pursuit, and foisting a "conspiracy" onto the world. And to what end? All those individual scientists, all those scientific institutions, universities, professors,  and professionals. All that scientifically peer reviewed data and modelling and all of them trying to dig holes in each others theories (scientific scepticism). I will never understand it if I live to a thousand. It's laughable except it's so tragic this is now our reality.

maybe that is the problem. Maybe getting paid to have a career supporting a false theory is how it works. Its all part of a globaiist agenda

On 11/15/2018 at 3:48 AM, rm2551 said:

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/global-warming-flawed-climate-model/

Aren't all scientists supposed to be skeptics? It's the very basis of science. In their mad dash to prove their global warming bona fides, major media have simply thrown skepticism out the window. What's left is climate religion.

• 1 month later...