What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

• 2 weeks later...

When I woke up this morning I had an overwhelming feeling of dread come over me due to a sudden realization that Led Zeppelin in all likelihood will not be having any further reunions.

Page 74

Jones 72

Plant 70

This is not a song about hope....

• 5 weeks later...

The constant abuse of public school teachers! 

I do a job no one wants and I get nothing by crap for it, liberal Democrats blame us for the low performance of black and brown students because we're all a bunch of middle class white racists and conservative Republicans hate us for being union members and just "wanting to protect bad teachers and pedophiles".

It's been 25 years of this stuff and I've had enough!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Less than six months old, cheapo.

1296314470_brokenrobertplantcoffeemug.jpg.97335c67bba7743db727800f6c7902f6.jpg

Man that is one overpriced cheapo piece of crap. Glue it back on and use it as a Pen/pencil and other knickknack holder. Or carefully drill a hole in the bottom and use it as a Plant pot.

17 hours ago, JTM said:

Man that is one overpriced cheapo piece of crap.

That about sums it up.

17 hours ago, JTM said:

Glue it back on and use it as a Pen/pencil and other knickknack holder. Or carefully drill a hole in the bottom and use it as a Plant pot.

Good ideas!

The Canadian cable channel MUCH (formally know as MuchMusic... Canada's answer to MTV) will now only air 1 hour of music videos per day. 

In response to significant decline in TV interest in music videos,  "Much will now broadcast only a single hour of retro music videos from the '80s, '90s and aughts during the so-called "teen-popular" lunchtime window" and are going to focus more on reality TV, movies, and shows like South Park. I can't say that I am surprised and they have been moving away from music videos for a few years now.... but it just saddens me that my only option for videos is online. I f**cking hate all the ads on Youtube. The ads are getting longer, more frequent.... and some you can't even skip!!! It's so annoying. 

I would record videos to my VCR and ended up with hundreds of VHS tapes. VJ's such as Erica Ehm, Rick "The Temp" Campanelli, Dan Gallager, George Stroumboulopoulos, Terry David Mulligan, and Teresa Roncon were when MuchMusic was at it's best. Even Ed The Sock was amusing.

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/much_will_now_only_be_airing_one_hour_of_music_videos_a_day?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

16 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I was laid-off today. 

I'm so sorry to hear that P!  And I was just thinking of you this morning because of the awful news in your former home.  Not a good day...  ugh. 

Hope you can relax this weekend before jumping back into the job hunt.  Good luck dear!! 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:28 PM, JTM said:

Oh sugar, not good. Good luck in finding a new job soon.

15 hours ago, ebk said:

I'm so sorry to hear that P!  And I was just thinking of you this morning because of the awful news in your former home.  Not a good day...  ugh. 

Hope you can relax this weekend before jumping back into the job hunt.  Good luck dear!! 

6 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

So sorry to hear that. You're a smart young woman, never forget that. And a break is a good time for reflection. Good luck :wave:

Thanks, guys. Trying to maintain a positive frame of mind at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thanks, Walter. I hope so. I feel so drained though. Just want to curl up and lie in bed for a whole day!

Kiwi, that might not be a bad idea. Allow a specific slot of time for yourself to wallow/chill/tune out/self absorb - then BOOM! Get a plan together and renew yourself. Self pity or reflection can be useful when done right. Once done, leave it behind.

Good luck with it all. 

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Kiwi, that might not be a bad idea. Allow a specific slot of time for yourself to wallow/chill/tune out/self absorb - then BOOM! Get a plan together and renew yourself. Self pity or reflection can be useful when done right. Once done, leave it behind.

Good luck with it all. 

Thanks, mate. I actually thought about that. In between applying for jobs, I do reserve some reflection time for myself. I basically go for a walk and my mind begins to wander. It is proving to be effective! Thanks for the great advice! I really appreciate it! :)