What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

38 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Get some Zep in while you recuperate.

I genuinely wonder if herb assists....

1. I'm almost deaf so no music

2. I'm not so sure smoking a joint would be the best for my lungs. Having said that, I've not had a smoke since Mrs CP's positive test last Friday. Coincidence?

3 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Best wishes to you and Mrs. CP. Sometimes that co-vid can be a sneaky bastard--I know of a few people close to me who tested positive even without feeling sick or showing any warning signs...

Thanks Paul. She's fine now. I really hope (like her) I don't lose my sense of taste and smell. Hers is coming back slowly. 

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well after 2 and a bit years we have finally succumbed to Covid. First Mrs CP. She started to feel rough last Wednesday. Tested positive last Friday. I on the other hand steadfastly refused to let the bastard in. However, inevitably and annoyingly it got me. Tested positive this morning. To be honest I do feel a little tired and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool. Ears are blocked and I feel like I have a heavy cold or I sniffed a bowl of Charlie.

Good news. Mrs CP feels fine today and the line on the test chart is faint, so I hazard a guess she'll be negative tomorrow. Bad news. She said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy. Really looking forward to seeing what the next few days offers me. Hopefully I wont be as bad and I'll be back to normality soon.

Oh my - please take care of yourselves!!!  I hope Mrs cp is definitely on the mend, and that you don't come down with anything worse than what you have now.  

Damn...  so sorry to hear this.  Please let us know how things go. 

13 hours ago, ebk said:

Oh my - please take care of yourselves!!!  I hope Mrs cp is definitely on the mend, and that you don't come down with anything worse than what you have now.  

Damn...  so sorry to hear this.  Please let us know how things go. 

Thanks for that Esther

Mrs CP is slowly getting better. She is still testing positive but I think she is over the worst

Myself, I feel fine currently. Not half as bad as Mrs CP but just like I've got a heavy cold and even then I've had worse colds.

It's the not going out and doing "normal" things that is most irritating. 

Going to make a home made Pizza, Neapolitan style this evening. That should cheer us all up?

Have you not had the dreaded lurgy at all?

On 5/24/2022 at 3:48 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Well after 2 and a bit years we have finally succumbed to Covid. First Mrs CP. She started to feel rough last Wednesday. Tested positive last Friday. I on the other hand steadfastly refused to let the bastard in. However, inevitably and annoyingly it got me. Tested positive this morning. To be honest I do feel a little tired and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool. Ears are blocked and I feel like I have a heavy cold or I sniffed a bowl of Charlie.

Good news. Mrs CP feels fine today and the line on the test chart is faint, so I hazard a guess she'll be negative tomorrow. Bad news. She said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy. Really looking forward to seeing what the next few days offers me. Hopefully I wont be as bad and I'll be back to normality soon.

Late to the party, I know, but I just got around to reading this thread.

My best wishes to you and Mrs. CP for a full recovery with no loss of smell or taste (as has happened to a couple younger friends of mine). And no hospitalization needed.

I'm beginning to feel like the Omega Man. People all around me getting the virus but, knock on wood, so far not me.

Best of health to you both. You'll be on the back nine in no time.

Yahoo news recently started allowing comments to their articles after a two year hiatus.  Unfortunately for the planet, they have have a group of liberals who judge whether a comment is acceptable (i.e., that it fits with "THE MESSAGE"):

Here's an example:

Your comment on Climate change will harm sleep: Study has been rejected as it contains content that is in breach of our community guidelines.

Posted 5/23/2022, 19:14

Are these the same "Follow the science" people that told me I was in a winter storm watch this past weekend, could expect 3-6 inches of heavy wet snow and all I got was 15 minutes of a light flurry where not a single snow flake stayed on the ground? Yea, color me concerned!

Edited by Stryder1978

On 5/24/2022 at 8:29 AM, chillumpuffer said:

1. I'm almost deaf so no music

2. I'm not so sure smoking a joint would be the best for my lungs. Having said that, I've not had a smoke since Mrs CP's positive test last Friday. Coincidence?

Best wishes and prayers to you and the Mrs

20 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thanks for that Esther

Mrs CP is slowly getting better. She is still testing positive but I think she is over the worst

Myself, I feel fine currently. Not half as bad as Mrs CP but just like I've got a heavy cold and even then I've had worse colds.

It's the not going out and doing "normal" things that is most irritating. 

Going to make a home made Pizza, Neapolitan style this evening. That should cheer us all up?

Have you not had the dreaded lurgy at all?

Dinner sounds wonderful (as usual!) - hope it did cheer you up.  I have managed to get this far without catching the dreaded bug... hope that keeps up!  So far, at least, masks and vaccines seem to work. 

Hope you both are better soon!!

@ebk @Walter @Strider @LedZeppfan1977 @paul carruthers @Stryder1978

@rm2551

We thank you for all your best wishes and thoughts as we have had Covid.

I am pleased to say Mrs CP has now tested negative. I am still positive but with very faint lines on the test. She was the first anyway. Suffice to say I feel good. 

One thing of note: Coincidence? We had our first couple of joints last evening since the positive tests. ;):D. The herb cures all. :hurrah:

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

@ebk @Walter @Strider @LedZeppfan1977 @paul carruthers @Stryder1978

@rm2551

We thank you for all your best wishes and thoughts as we have had Covid.

I am pleased to say Mrs CP has now tested negative. I am still positive but with very faint lines on the test. She was the first anyway. Suffice to say I feel good. 

One thing of note: Coincidence? We had our first couple of joints last evening since the positive tests. ;):D. The herb cures all. :hurrah:

Yes I guess it does.  I have not been able to do it in years due to a comp case I have and I used to do it daily.  Its been a long time for me. Get tested and even though its legal in NY state now, not sure what comp can do if I tested positive. I hope to have it settled soon. Good to know you dont have bad effects.  Myself, I might get the new booster.  Diabetic, type 2, so I have to worry.  I do not ever want to get it

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes I guess it does.  I have not been able to do it in years due to a comp case I have and I used to do it daily.  Its been a long time for me. Get tested and even though its legal in NY state now, not sure what comp can do if I tested positive. I hope to have it settled soon. Good to know you dont have bad effects.  Myself, I might get the new booster.  Diabetic, type 2, so I have to worry.  I do not ever want to get it

It's a weird thing Rick. She was quite poorly for a couple of days. Chills, aches, stabbing pains in places, she lost her sense of taste for a day or so but she was bunged up. Tired too.

However my symptoms are quite different. I do feel a little tired and feel I have a heavy cold but not half as bad as Mrs CP. In fact I feel almost normal (whatever that is)

Onwards we go and it was nice we could have a joint and get stoned. The weed is 50/50 THC/CBD. The CBD is very relaxing and maybe killed off the last of Covid Mrs CP had? Who knows?

Just when you thought the horror in Uvalde couldn't be any worse:

Yahoo News

Husband of teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies, family says

Thu, May 26, 2022, 1:05 PM

The husband of one of the two teachers killed in the mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, has died, family members announced on Thursday.

Joe Garcia — whose wife, Irma Garcia, was slain in Tuesday’s massacre at Robb Elementary School — died of a heart attack on Thursday morning, their relatives said. The couple had been married 24 years and has four children.

14 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's a weird thing Rick. She was quite poorly for a couple of days. Chills, aches, stabbing pains in places, she lost her sense of taste for a day or so but she was bunged up. Tired too.

However my symptoms are quite different. I do feel a little tired and feel I have a heavy cold but not half as bad as Mrs CP. In fact I feel almost normal (whatever that is)

Onwards we go and it was nice we could have a joint and get stoned. The weed is 50/50 THC/CBD. The CBD is very relaxing and maybe killed off the last of Covid Mrs CP had? Who knows?

Van Morrison doesn't believe you. 

Hearing that the police in Texas were reluctant to enter the school grounds and buildings because they weren't keen on facing the gunman with the weapons he had. Secondly, the answer to restricting if not stopping future insanity in schools was to arm the teachers. Only in America,

3 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Hearing that the police in Texas were reluctant to enter the school grounds and buildings because they weren't keen on facing the gunman with the weapons he had. Secondly, the answer to restricting if not stopping future insanity in schools was to arm the teachers. Only in America,

Right. Men and women who come out of the military and have tactical training for these situations, then become police and receive more training are hesitant to go in under these terrible, terrifying situations. And I am hearing/reading that we need to arm and train these under-paid teachers so they can be the ones to confront these maniacs and save the day. Crazy. Teachers who would possess weapons in class would only end up with more dead teenagers and children. I thought that is why we have the police and swat teams. I have several people in my family who became and are teachers, they don’t want to have to train with firearms to get through their day. 

Some dumb ass 15 year old puts out a false kidnapping and gun incident at the Gananda school, which is right down street from my back yard, needless to say, put school on lockdown, 20 police cars were there in minutes.  That kid and his parents are in huge trouble

• 1 month later...

Hearing the news that another nutter who abuses the second amendment by killing people in Chicago who were attending an Independence Day parade.

Interesting that the 4th of July celebrates America's independence from Great Britain and was the catalyst for the writing of the Constitution and the subsequent amendments.

The irony is tragic but pales into insignificance compared to the loss of life and the broken lives of the survivors.

Strange that there is a strong right to life movement in relation to banning abortions but not when it comes to guns being in the hands of "law abiding citizens" who shouldn't have had access to them in the first place.

On another matter close to my home are the latest floods due to La Nina and heavy rains therein.

This will be the second disaster this year alone.

Over 50 thousand and rising residents are being forced to evacuate and most likely have lost almost everything bar the personal possessions they managed to salvage.

1 hour ago, Reggie29 said:

On another matter close to my home are the latest floods due to La Nina and heavy rains therein.

This will be the second disaster this year alone.

Over 50 thousand and rising residents are being forced to evacuate and most likely have lost almost everything bar the personal possessions they managed to salvage.

Really shocking pictures I was watching this morning Reggie. This is something we (the UK) sees quite regularly. Must be very worrying as many people live at sea level in OZ. I hope you and Jules ( folks I know live in NSW) are safe.

Climate change is certainly on the march. Australia is really bearing the brunt. Intense heat, wildfires and drought in the Summer, to catastrophic floods in the Winter. It will become uninhabitable if this continues?

• 1 month later...

Yahoo finally started allowing comments to articles again.  They have a review panel to screen comments that they find "objectionable".  Want an idea of how biased that panel is?  Look at my response to the Liz Cheney article that was REJECTED for" not meeting community standards":

Your comment on "Liz Cheney Gets Hollywood Boost as Jeffrey Katzenberg Leads in Industry Donations" violates the community guidelines and has been rejected
publisher's logo
GetReal718 Thu 18 Aug 2022 05:15:09 PM
...like they say, a fool and his money.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...