What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

She's done her deed! :angry:

Recieved a call from my 11yo son and he told me to forget visitation and that he would run away and wanted nothing to do with me ever again!

I am totally stunned :o:(

I am so sorry to hear this :console: There's nothing worse than a parent who uses a child to get back at the ex-spouse. With all you are going through, this is the last thing you need. Thinking good thoughts things will work out better xxx

Sorry to hear this terrible news, Charlie. So sad when a parent brainwashs their child against the other. I hope you won't let her get away with this. Once you get finished with your treatments you will be ready to fight. In the meantime, i hope you keep up your strong, positive attitude. One day your son will see what she has done.

Tangerine is right Charles. You must look after yourself first ! Aside from what your ex has been filling his head with, he is only 11 yrs old and won't want to feel pressured into anything. My advice is to handle this very carefully. Kids have a way of figuring things out for themselves. Maybe that's what has to happen in order to make your relationship with him something both of you can cherish

Sorry to hear this terrible news, Charlie. So sad when a parent brainwashs their child against the other. I hope you won't let her get away with this. Once you get finished with your treatments you will be ready to fight. In the meantime, i hope you keep up your strong, positive attitude. One day your son will see what she has done.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. :)

We will be in court on the 20th and I'm going to ask for Saturdays every other weekend until I'm finished with my treatments.

I'm not going to pressure my son so I figure just a day together every other week won't be to much for him.

I'm not going to pressure my son so I figure just a day together every other week won't be to much for him.

That's the best thing you can (not) do.....

He'll come around and realize what's going on.Kids are smart that way;a lot smarter than they're given credit for.

I know I did.

We will be in court on the 20th and I'm going to ask for Saturdays every other weekend until I'm finished with my treatments.

You're welcome. Sounds like a great idea. Your son is very smart, so he will soon see the truth (plus in the next couple of years he will mature and make his own decisions). Her actions will come back to haunt her.... but for now, take care of you first, but don't give up on your son, either!

Recieved a call from my 11yo son and he told me to forget visitation and that he would run away and wanted nothing to do with me ever again!

so sorry about this charles.

my advice is to play it cool. he doesn't want to see you atm.... ok. just sit tight. you have a lot going on at this time anyway. make sure he knows the lines of communication are open - phone calls, emails etc are always welcome. he will come around, kids can work this stuff out, mine did! and mine are still living with me at ages 23 and 21!! lol

good luck mate xo

When you are calmer you could perhaps ask him why he thinks you should forget visitation. Everyone needs a father, especially 11 year old guys.

I would not worry too much about that outburst. I would not take it too literally either. It could be that he is just blowing off steam and reacting to the stress of the divorce. Kids say all kinds of things at that age that they forget about by the next day.

Remember not to expect 11 year olds to behave like adults quite yet. They'll come up with all kinds of shocking stuff at that age.

Just stay on an even keel and do not over-react to anything.

Half the time they are just testing the water to see what it does. It's all discovery at that age. They lack experience so they must test everything and everyone to satisfy their natural curiousity about life in general.

Be glad that he does not break into the zoo to feed the crocodiles. ;)

telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3352793/Boy-7-breaks-into-zoo-to-feed-live-animals-to-a-crocodile

Edited by eternal light

I feel bad my neighbor has to put his doggy down this week :'(

That's a hard one . One of the toughest day's of my life was taking our dog in to be put down. However, getting a new puppy last year was just what the doctor ordered

I feel bad my neighbor has to put his doggy down this week :'(

I'm sorry, ninelives. That's a hard one to go through. I'm sure your kind thoughts and words are comforting that neighbor in his time of grief. :(

Jeez, it seems like a ton of people from my high school class have gotten married already! We're only 24, what's the hurry? I mean, if you're in love, yeah sure, go for it, but jeez, it seems like an awfully high percentage. Maybe I'm just being juvenile again, I don't know. I guess this didn't exactly make me unhappy, per se, but now on top of me wishing I was in a meaningful relationship for its own merits, somehow knowing this makes me feel even more aggravated that I'm not because I guess I feel like I should be competing, if I'm perfectly honest with myself. I know that's messed up, but I can't say it's not affecting me. Argh, no wonder I don't have a boyfriend - I am NUTS!! :wacko:<_<

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Ive always thought Stephen Stills was attractive and all back in the 60's and early 70's..I just saw some recent pics of him, and got a little sad on the inside.. I mean, i know we all get old and fat at one point..but its still sad to see for me :( Haha yea that was nothing drastically sad..but i mean look at this..

That

stephenstills.jpg

to this

stephen-stills-22nd-annual-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony-1Ean7k.jpg

why?? :(

Ive always thought Stephen Stills was attractive and all back in the 60's and early 70's..I just saw some recent pics of him, and got a little sad on the inside.. I mean, i know we all get old and fat at one point..but its still sad to see for me :( Haha yea that was nothing drastically sad..but i mean look at this..

That

stephenstills.jpg

to this

stephen-stills-22nd-annual-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony-1Ean7k.jpg

why?? :(

He's also had a lot of serious medical problems and sometimes the medications they put people on can alter a person's weight, add bloat etc. The important thing is he's still with us and hopefully will be for a long time.

He's also had a lot of serious medical problems and sometimes the medications they put people on can alter a person's weight, add bloat etc. The important thing is he's still with us and hopefully will be for a long time.

Thanks i didnt know. True, i rather be alive looking however than dead :) I just always hate seeing someone change so drastically, even though its none of my business, lol i just like remembering people when they looked their best. I need to get past that :/

Thanks i didnt know. True, i rather be alive looking however than dead :) I just always hate seeing someone change so drastically, even though its none of my business, lol i just like remembering people when they looked their best. I need to get past that :/

People get older - fact of life. No one will remain as they were but that's not to say they still aren't good looking. It's a different good looking.

The teenagers in our neighborhood.

The previous owners of this house had no problem with the neighborhood kids using the back yard and driveway as a causeway to get between subdivisions and go from house to house. Well......my parents DO have a problem with it, because they're trespassing. One time I caught them sitting around in our backyard just shooting the shit, like they owned the place! I walked out there and told them to hit the bricks and the one girl said that the old owners didn't care. I reminded them that the new owners DO care and that they need to scram.

I can't wait until we fence in our yard once we get our dog.