What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I found out that my best friend gets beaten up every day by her grandfather. I can't believe it. Why? This world is so cruel.

I gave her a number of ''safe house'' and a hug. Although she'll need a whole lot more.

That is why my girlfriend used to keep me around her a lot, because her father would think twice about hurting her when I was there. He didn't want anyone else to know.

That was very thoughtful of you to try to help your friend. It's sometimes difficult to avoid abusive men, but you must.

Edited by eternal light

laugh.gif Or even passenger seat drivers.

What made me un-happy yesterday was hearing about the 4 cops that were killed near Tacoma.

By GENE JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer Gene Johnson, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 14 mins ago

SEATTLE – The man suspected of gunning down four police officers in a suburban coffee shop was shot and killed by a lone patrolman investigating a stolen car early Tuesday. Four people were arrested for allegedly helping the suspect elude authorities during a massive two-day manhunt.

Maurice Clemmons was carrying a handgun he took from one of the dead officers when a Seattle policeman recognized him near a stolen car in a working-class south Seattle neighborhood about 2:45 a.m., Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel said.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_re_us/us_officers_shot

That is why my girlfriend used to keep me around her a lot, because her father would think twice about hurting her when I was there. He didn't want anyone else to know.

That was very thoughtful of you to try to help your friend. It's sometimes difficult to avoid abusive men, but you must.

Very true Eternal ! I'm sure I'm not the only older poster on this site who remembers having to protect a friend from the wrath of their father. Maybe even jump in to stop what was happening. I can even remember my own father jumping in to stop another father from beating the living daylights out of his kids. Not something your likely to see today. No matter what anyone likes to think, there is no cure for abusive men and I agree with you Eternal. At all costs, recognize and avoid !!!

That this poor kid will be forever buried in a cave here in Utah. He fell in a small crevice upside down, and though they got to him he was dead and slide back down further.

They can not safely recover his body ever. So they are sealing the cave, and that will be the poor kid's final resting ground.

Gawd. That would kill me if that were my kid.

Very Sad.

That this poor kid will be forever buried in a cave here in Utah. He fell in a small crevice upside down, and though they got to him he was dead and slide back down further.

They can not safely recover his body ever. So they are sealing the cave, and that will be the poor kid's final resting ground.

Very Sad.

Hadn't heard about that but yeah, it would kill me too

Very Sad.

I would put a memorial wreath there with a prayer attached.

RIP

I just watched a video where a PETA investigator worked undercover in Covance primate lab, Virginia. It was a shocking, awful video, but I somehow managed to watch it until the end. I can't believe they tortured, mutilated and killed monkeys while listening to music. They acted like animals' life is not worth a penny; like animals don't have feelings and can only be viewed as objects.

And you know what was one of the worst things? They listened Rock & Roll while killing animals.

:angry:

My arms ache to hold her, but she is poison.

Atlas, don't you feel you deserve better? This girl has proven to you, quite a while ago, that she does not want help. Once you realize someone doesn't really care, then it's time to move on. It took me a long time to see that with someone in my past, but once i finally opened my eyes, it was easy. Your self respect can only be beaten down for so long. I am sure there is a girl out there with more to offer than this one.

No reason to feel unhappy so far today!