What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

The weird-ass weather. It was 35 and icy yesterday, mid-50s and sunny today. I didn't even need to wear a coat today when I ran my errands. It's supposed to be 61 tomorrow.

You'd never know it was 11 days before Christmas.

Sounds just like here. A deep freeze one week, balmy weather the next. :mellow:

Atlas, don't you feel you deserve better? This girl has proven to you, quite a while ago, that she does not want help. Once you realize someone doesn't really care, then it's time to move on. It took me a long time to see that with someone in my past, but once i finally opened my eyes, it was easy. Your self respect can only be beaten down for so long. I am sure there is a girl out there with more to offer than this one.

It's more like a drowning person who is terrified and starts to pull the person saving them under. She is really shattered. She may well be beyond help. Ultimately she has to help herself. Unfortunately, she has mastered all of my buttons, and knows just how to push them. She uses that skill to create reasons to "run away" - as she like to put it.

No reason to feel unhappy so far today!

I'll do it for you.

It's going down to ~20 degrees F and windy tonight. The last time I spoke with her, she had no place to stay, and her phone is not working. She often gets so drunk she passes out. Deadly cold and hard liquor are not a good combination. I begged her to get on the train out to where I live. She said she was getting on the train, but she didn't say where to.

I know I should just let her go. 90% chance she would find shelter. It's now bedtime for me. I don't think sleep is in the cards.

My husband accidentally spilled ketchup all over the kitchen floor; I f'ed up the peppermint bark I spent 2 hours making (apparently I can't talk and cook at the same time :blink: ); and then I managed to spill a can of corn on the floor (yes, it's nice and super sticky now even though we mopped).

So now I'm drinking wine and nibbling on funky looking peppermint bark, and listening to country ballads, lol. Unfortunately I do have to get up at 5:30 for work though :o

It's more like a drowning person who is terrified and starts to pull the person saving them under. She is really shattered. She may well be beyond help. Ultimately she has to help herself. Unfortunately, she has mastered all of my buttons, and knows just how to push them. She uses that skill to create reasons to "run away" - as she like to put it.

I'll do it for you.

It's going down to ~20 degrees F and windy tonight. The last time I spoke with her, she had no place to stay, and her phone is not working. She often gets so drunk she passes out. Deadly cold and hard liquor are not a good combination. I begged her to get on the train out to where I live. She said she was getting on the train, but she didn't say where to.

I know I should just let her go. 90% chance she would find shelter. It's now bedtime for me. I don't think sleep is in the cards.

Atlas, she needs to be in Rehab. Not that it's guaranteed to work because we all know it often doesn't. You are just prolonging your own pain in a situation you can't control or improve. I think you would also benefit from talking to a therapist. I understand your love for her, but she can't reciprocate. She manipulates you and uses you. You deserve a better relationship than this one.

This asswipedry.gif that got my paypal account frozen. Sold an item that was broken in shipment and instead of contacting me first to handle up, he files a claim with paypal.angry.gif

If you've ever had this happen before you will know what I mean, they make you jump through hoops like some sort of criminal in order to get your account reinstated.

I'm considering getting a merchant account and telling paypal they can jump up my assmad.gif

I discovered that New England Clam Chowder may have too much fat in the recipe to accomodate a restricted diet.

I guess I will need to shop for groceries tomorrow so I can make a low-fat alternative for New Year's Eve because I need a can of diced tomatoes for the Spicy Collard and Black Eyed Pea Soup.

Edited by eternal light

I failed my national exam to be a certified medical coder with a freakin 68!!!! :( Turns out, I did perfect on the coding part, but my 3 areas of weakness were topics that my teacher never taught us. And they really had nothing to do with coding. Going to take it again in March. Hopefully I'll do better since I know what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday....for two hours we all thought they had found the body of the missing woman in my state, from West Valley City. It was announced farmers had found a body, just over the UT border in Nev. It was wrapped in plastic and duct tape and appeared to be the same height as Susan Powell. The WVC defectives were so amped up they started the drive out there. About an hour in it was relayed that it was NOT her, but a Latino male with a mustache.

This douche bag "person of interest" hubby happened to be back here, after leaving in the middle of the investigation, to pack up his household and MOVE out of state to Washington, hiding out in his daddies gated community.

I pray they get enough evidence to nab this ....person. In this case I do believe he is guilty as sin.

I know...innocent till proved, but c'mon.

^Nevada's desert attracts this sort of thing sometimes. I guess people figure they can hide the facts. I would hesitate to arrive at a conclusion without additional facts in this case though.

standard.net/topics/crime/2010/01/07/officials-body-found-near-nevada-utah-state-line

Edited by eternal light

• 2 months later...

I failed my national exam to be a certified medical coder with a freakin 68!!!! :( Turns out, I did perfect on the coding part, but my 3 areas of weakness were topics that my teacher never taught us. And they really had nothing to do with coding. Going to take it again in March. Hopefully I'll do better since I know what to expect.

That sounds like me and my SATs in high school. I did darn near perfectly on the English section, but I was absolutely horrible at the math section for the simple reason that I'd never seen any of the stuff on the test before in my life. I always paid attention in class, got A's in math all 4 years, so what gives? I guess it was because I was in the lower math track, but it wasn't THAT far behind the regular classes - I mean, I went to Catholic school, so you had to place at a minimum competency level just to get into the school - so I can't explain what happened there. Plus, when I took the math placement test at community college, they had different levels of the test you could take, and I took the hardest one and did really well, so the stuff on the SAT will forever be a mystery to me (I didn't take the SAT again because I didn't even bother to apply to a 4-year school...I graduated with a 2.9 GPA, lol).

Like you said, I imagine it'll be a lot easier the next time around, now that you'll actually have heard of the material that's on it before you get there. Teachers kill me sometimes, I swear...I've had classes like that - maybe if you'd TAUGHT us this in class, we could have answered the questions about it on the test! And in those cases, they make their own tests! Honestly. Anyway, good luck next time! I'm sure you'll do great, now that you'll be fully informed.

Crap; I just found one of the new little tops I just bought (beaded t shirt) at Stein Mart in the dryer :( Minus some beads, and now it looks like it might fit my 8 year old

:( (I hate wasting $$ like that; even if it was on super sale...sigh...)

:angry: Same thing that has made me unhappy everyday for the last two years...

My sick ex-wifes unrelenting pursuit to sabotage any chance I have of having an ongoing

relationship with my son :(

She really has his head "F#%KED UP! :angry:

My sick ex-wifes unrelenting pursuit to sabotage any chance I have of having an ongoing

:console: I'm so sorry dzldoc :( It's such a shame she doesn't realise the damage she's doing to her own child. Thinking good thoughts things get better there.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully as your son grows he will eventually see that his mom has been vindictive to you through him. It is a shame that some people are like that because it is not fair to the children to be put in the middle.

It makes me unhappy when I do dumb things.

I can't believe I fell into the Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field and bought a Macbook Pro. Over a thousand bucks for 2 year old hardware, wtf was I thinking? :blink:

Wisely, that's what :D Macs are great. You won't be disappointed B)

That sounds like me and my SATs in high school. I did darn near perfectly on the English section, but I was absolutely horrible at the math section for the simple reason that I'd never seen any of the stuff on the test before in my life. I always paid attention in class, got A's in math all 4 years, so what gives? I guess it was because I was in the lower math track, but it wasn't THAT far behind the regular classes - I mean, I went to Catholic school, so you had to place at a minimum competency level just to get into the school - so I can't explain what happened there. Plus, when I took the math placement test at community college, they had different levels of the test you could take, and I took the hardest one and did really well, so the stuff on the SAT will forever be a mystery to me (I didn't take the SAT again because I didn't even bother to apply to a 4-year school...I graduated with a 2.9 GPA, lol).

Like you said, I imagine it'll be a lot easier the next time around, now that you'll actually have heard of the material that's on it before you get there. Teachers kill me sometimes, I swear...I've had classes like that - maybe if you'd TAUGHT us this in class, we could have answered the questions about it on the test! And in those cases, they make their own tests! Honestly. Anyway, good luck next time! I'm sure you'll do great, now that you'll be fully informed.

Thanks!I will be taking it again on the 27th of this month. My teacher said she would help me study my areas of weakness. I sent her a message about getting together, but it takes her several days to answer a message, if she answers at all. And don't even think about trying to call, she wont answer for shit. Only one of the five students that took the test passed. What does that tell you.

Thanks!I will be taking it again on the 27th of this month. My teacher said she would help me study my areas of weakness. I sent her a message about getting together, but it takes her several days to answer a message, if she answers at all. And don't even think about trying to call, she wont answer for shit. Only one of the five students that took the test passed. What does that tell you.

Good luck! :)

I am so sorry :( It's wrong to put kids in the middle like that.