What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Good luck! :)

Thank you!

BTW I forgot to add that I had to pay $400 for that test.

You can imagine what happened when I found out I made a 68. :depressed:

To me a 68 is worse than failing miserably. It just kills me that I could have answered 4 more questions right, and passed. Luckily I get to take it free this time.

My Dad has to start another round of chemo as the doctors still didn't like the look of the tumor. And now his best buddy, Ursa his black labrador, was diagnosed with Cushings disease. Now both will be on weekly visits to the doc.

My Dad has to start another round of chemo as the doctors still didn't like the look of the tumor. And now his best buddy, Ursa his black labrador, was diagnosed with Cushings disease. Now both will be on weekly visits to the doc.

:( Sending thoughts and prayers for your Dad and Ursa :console:

We had to have our cat put down early this morning :( He apparently ate something poisonous (we have no idea what, but he opens doors and kept getting into the garage) and there was nothing the vet could do. :'( We had to put our dog down in June too (we still have the 3 hermit crabs).

I'm sorry to hear about this ! My thoughts and prayers are with you, dad and Ursa

sad.gif Sending thoughts and prayers for your Dad and Ursa console.gif

We had to have our cat put down early this morning sad.gif He apparently ate something poisonous (we have no idea what, but he opens doors and kept getting into the garage) and there was nothing the vet could do. cry.gif We had to put our dog down in June too (we still have the 3 hermit crabs).

Sorry to hear about your cat Virginia. Losing a pet is never easy but there are things in life that we just can't control. He could have found and ingested it from anywhere.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers. My dad seems to be in good spirits, but he is more worried about his dog than himself.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Virginia. It is hard to loose a pet, as we had a beloved dog put down about 10 years ago due to kidney disease. Rough!!

Sorry to hear about your cat Virginia. Losing a pet is never easy but there are things in life that we just can't control. He could have found and ingested it from anywhere.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers. My dad seems to be in good spirits, but he is more worried about his dog than himself.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Virginia. It is hard to loose a pet, as we had a beloved dog put down about 10 years ago due to kidney disease. Rough!!

Thanks Ally and Ledzepfvr. We all got outside for a good part of the day, which really lifted our spirits :) Running/biking and watching my son play lacrosse. It was absolutely gorgeous today; 80s, sunny and clear; we had shorts on for the first time :)

A very good friend of mine that I work with told me today that she was let go at her other job just because she is turning 60 next week. She was understandably upset and I was for her. :(

Edited by aen27

A very good friend of mine that I work with told me today that she was let go at her other job just because she is turning 60 next week. She was understandably upset and I was for her. :(

Age descrimination is illegal in the US (you can fire someone for cause who happens to be 60, but if you fire someone because they're 60, that's illegal).

EEOC descrimination information

Edited by Virginia

sad.gif Sending thoughts and prayers for your Dad and Ursa console.gif

We had to have our cat put down early this morning sad.gif He apparently ate something poisonous (we have no idea what, but he opens doors and kept getting into the garage) and there was nothing the vet could do. cry.gif We had to put our dog down in June too (we still have the 3 hermit crabs).

I'm so sorry about your cat and dog, Virginia. It's so horrible when you lose your pets. It takes a long time to get over it.

And I am also sending prayers for your dad, Ledzepfvr.

It is also illegal to fire someone from their job just because they are 60 over here in the UK.Thats not a valid excuse.I hope that person decides to take their bosses to court and successfully wins their case.

To my friend Virginia.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pets.I hope you know what i mean when i say that they are as much part of the family as anyone else.I'm thinking about you my friend.console2.gif

It is also illegal to fire someone from their job just because they are 60 over here in the UK.Thats not a valid excuse.I hope that person decides to take their bosses to court and successfully wins their case.

To my friend Virginia.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pets.I hope you know what i mean when i say that they are as much part of the family as anyone else.I'm thinking about you my friend.console2.gif

Thanks RMt; I appreciate it!

What made me unhappy today:

The continued receiving inappropriate sexual texts/emails from a coworker. She does this all the time, and she doesn't seem to comprehend the fact that I don't find it amusing to receive pictures of someone's genitals with a stupid fish tattoo on them and such. And seriously, if you have to start your email with "make sure no one else is looking when you read this", that should be your first clue that it is not appropriate to be sending at work. It'd be different if the dude I was dating sent me a flirty-dirty text, but from a coworker -and a girl, no less- it's disturbing.

Ok. Sorry. Rant over.

I'm so sorry about your cat and dog, Virginia. It's so horrible when you lose your pets. It takes a long time to get over it.

And I am also sending prayers for your dad, Ledzepfvr.

Thanks BuckEye and all. I expect with so many thoughts and prayers my dad should make a nice recovery after this round. :D

Edited by ledzepfvr

My son passed his driver's test. Insurance rates through the roof, and someone so clumsy he will randomly fall off a stool for no apparent reason has been deemed fit by the state of California to be put in sole charge of a 2-ton high speed killing machine.......

:slapface:

Edited by toscano

Just...loneliness. The weekends seem worst. It's not really the lack of friends, but the lack of something more for quite some while now...

and the fact that I have a poorly paid, unsecure job. I am really good at what I do but there seems to be no damn reward whatsoever.

The summer will be here in a few months though and things will hopefully look a lot better then. I'll even have three weeks of holidays for once.

I was this close to getting $120 from my Social Studies teacher. You see, if someone gets all the questions right on his test (Trust me, its not a breeze, 125+ questions, most you have to remember or memorize), he'll give you $100+, depending if no one gets it one time, the jackpot would grow, which this time around was $120. I missed the very last question of a 115 question test, a question that was actually on a worksheet portion on the test which meant it wasn't something I could study for or memorize. :slapface::wall::wall:

With that stupid last question, I just lost my future payment of my future Chevy Camaro.

(At least i'm still the only one who won the $70 jackpot awhile back)

A teacher that gives out money?! Where the heck were teachers like that when I was in school? I know I sound old when I say that, I'm only 27; but no teacher that I had, either in high school or college, ever gave out money for scoring 100% on exams. The most we ever got was a congrats and a mention to the rest of the class, but that was it. Dang. To think......that would have been an even greater incentive to study, not that I really needed one, but you know what I mean.

Now, on to what made me unhappy today.......my sister is sick.....with the cold that I had last week. I'm hoping she doesn't give it back to me. :unsure:

It does make me want to actually study sometimes. Usually, not until now, i've never really studied for some test, but now that big money is on the line, I want it. And boy, do I want it bad!

Electrophile, I hope you don't get sick again. I hate when that happens, like a month or two ago. My mom gave me something and I had like the stuffiest nose ever for the longest time!

Edited by C0mmunicati0nBreakd0wn

My son passed his driver's test. Insurance rates through the roof, and someone so clumsy he will randomly fall off a stool for no apparent reason has been deemed fit by the state of California to be put in sole charge of a 2-ton high speed killing machine.......

:slapface:

I can relate. When my son first received his license, he totaled two cars in 6 months. I am so grateful he survived, he had seat belts on and there were no drugs or alcohol related to either, he was just young and inexperienced in driving. After that, he was on his own for a car and insurance. Good Luck :console:

Edited by Deborah J