What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My son passed his driver's test. Insurance rates through the roof, and someone so clumsy he will randomly fall off a stool for no apparent reason has been deemed fit by the state of California to be put in sole charge of a 2-ton high speed killing machine.......

:slapface:

I made my one daughter wait until she was 18 before she got a driver license. She did not display enough responsibility to be given that priviledge.

With both my kids I used to tell them that they were hurling 2 tons of metal and hot liquids down the freeway, so respect the machine because if something were to go wrong, flesh and blood were no match. Kinda blunt but I wanted to make a point to them.

I didn't get my driver's license until I was in my early 20s. I had no need for one, living in Chicago. Between the buses and trains that literally ran from downtown to the suburbs, you could hop a bus to a train station and go almost anywhere. Also, driving in downtown Chicago is an absolute nightmare and parking is hard to find and if you're lucky to find some, it's expensive.

Today's train bombings in Russia.How anyone can undertake such a thing,for whatever alleged cause,just makes my blood run cold.Sorry to make this rather a heavy one,especially after reading about people's cats and car insurance,but this put a downer on the day for me.

This incredibly disturbing incident of a group of Boston teens bullying a young Irish girl to her death:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20100329prosecutors_9_teens_charged_in_phoebe_prince_death/

The children in our country have gone insane: setting other kids afire over petty disputes, a girl being kicked nearly to death by a boy in steel-toed boots, etc.

I got an email today that my 40 free hours/month of listening time are almost up on Pandora.com. :blink:

I didn't know there was a limit... <_<

Use Grooveshark. There's no listening limit. I prefer it for a lot of things, especially when linking to songs elsewhere. I find the audio quality far surpasses YouTube.

Use Grooveshark. There's no listening limit. I prefer it for a lot of things, especially when linking to songs elsewhere. I find the audio quality far surpasses YouTube.

Thanks; I actually used to use grooveshark; I loved it. But my PC at work got malware and IT determined that's how it came in. I can't use it at work, and I'm afraid to use it at home. :( (IT actually recommended Pandora).

I work in a cubicle, so when I'm not on the phone or in meetings I usually have my headphones on.

Edited by Virginia

I can relate. When my son first received his license, he totaled two cars in 6 months. I am so grateful he survived, he had seat belts on and there were no drugs or alcohol related to either, he was just young and inexperienced in driving. After that, he was on his own for a car and insurance. Good Luck :console:

Wow.......

Well it's been a week and we're still holding our breath every time we hear a siren in the area......

I have more empathy for what MY parents went through now !

Somehow with my daughter it was easier.

Wow.......

Well it's been a week and we're still holding our breath every time we hear a siren in the area......

I have more empathy for what MY parents went through now !

Somehow with my daughter it was easier.

toscano, I did the same thing. If I would hear a siren I would panic. That lasted until about a year had passed and he became a more experienced diver. The joys of parenthood :D Now that we made it past the teenage years my son is my best friend and greatest accomplishment:-)

Edit: Kinda sad as I wished I could do it all over again and he was just a little toddler again.

Edited by Deborah J

Thanks; I actually used to use grooveshark; I loved it. But my PC at work got malware and IT determined that's how it came in. I can't use it at work, and I'm afraid to use it at home. :( (IT actually recommended Pandora).

I work in a cubicle, so when I'm not on the phone or in meetings I usually have my headphones on.

Hmm, I've never had any issues with malware coming from Grooveshark, and I run scans almost daily. I don't know how it would infect your computer, since you stream the music like you would on YouTube, not download anything.

If you have anti-virus/anti-malware software on your computer at home, I don't see why you should be afraid to use it.

Hmm, I've never had any issues with malware coming from Grooveshark, and I run scans almost daily. I don't know how it would infect your computer, since you stream the music like you would on YouTube, not download anything.

If you have anti-virus/anti-malware software on your computer at home, I don't see why you should be afraid to use it.

Apparently it comes in through ads; grooveshark isn't the only website it's happened with. It's that Power Antivirus that gets through and attempts to disable your Windows security system. Once it gets in, pieces go everywhere, and you have to remove it piece by piece (and that's if you catch it before it executes). We've gone through several rounds of this at home already and it's a major PITA.

I may test grooveshark at home again but I can't use it at work anymore (it also uses too much bandwidth; that and you tube).

toscano, I did the same thing. If I would hear a siren I would panic. That lasted until about a year had passed and he became a more experienced diver. The joys of parenthood :D Now that we made it past the teenage years my son is my best friend and greatest accomplishment:-)

Edit: Kinda sad as I wished I could do it all over again and he was just a little toddler again.

oh not me....can't wait for the day my youngest leaves the nest !

You'll have grandparenthood to look forward to, all the fun of the toddler, none of the responsibility or clean up !

Hi Deborah J,

I would like to go back to the time when my boys were in the 5th and 6th grades. I really enjoyed them when they were that age. We had a lot of fun together then. We took alot of trips and went on a lot of excursions. I miss them alot when they are back at Ohio State. (Spring break was last week and we spent a lot of time together, so this week is sad for me now that they are back at their apartments.)

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kat24,all,

How so?

KB

It's actually, a pet peeve. I can't stand it when people lie to me. I kinda think if a person can't tell the truth they shouldn't open their mouth. It wastes their breath and my time <_<.