What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My legs hurt. I'm pretty tired. I've slept badly. I've got lots of homework. This morning I saw "my" boy in the street but he was too far to reach him, I don't see him for two weeks. Painful memories go back to my mind :(

Well, tomorrow will be another day!

• 3 weeks later...

The fucking neighbor dogs broke into our yard and murdered my cat.

My fluffy princess Pepper that has been a family companion for 16 years is dead.

I am soo sad. and angry. Bastards.

My heart goes out to you. I'd be devestated :(

My fluffy princess Pepper that has been a family companion for 16 years is dead.

My heart goes out to you. :( I have 3 cats and they are all great companions.

I'm glad you had her for 16 years. SOB dogs.

Pepper is probably frolicking now on the rainbow bridge above (where my cat Beautiful went to a few years ago).

I wish I could say something better, but I hope you'll be smiling again soon!

...................missy

It's not the dogs, it's the lack of control of them by the owners!

Yes dogs, well male dogs at least, are the original sons of bitches!

Where I live they are everywhere, and roam without leashes. Last night I saw a cat near a garbage can, amazing it can survive given the situation. I've found the best way to keep from getting bitten is to look upwards to the sky and in the opposite direction and say a prayer when they come near - the inspiration for that idea came while in prayer :smiley_pray:

after having been bitten while riding my bike and the owners of the unleashed dog had the nerve to say it was my fault, that I shouldn't have been riding the bike in that area! With blood dripping down my leg, I pointed to a sign nearby that showed that bikes are allowed but dogs are only permitted if they are on a leash and asked their names (an elderly couple about 70-ish!) - but they turned and hurried away ... boy how they - and their dog! - deserved a really good :smack: but how do you do that to someone older and weaker than yourself without looking like a jackass?

Edited by sweetredwine

My heart goes out to you. :( I have 3 cats and they are all great companions.

I'm glad you had her for 16 years. SOB dogs.

Pepper is probably frolicking now on the rainbow bridge above (where my cat Beautiful went to a few years ago).

I wish I could say something better, but I hope you'll be smiling again soon!

...................missy

Thanks Missy and all for your kind words. Only time will heal this hole I have in my heart now. Life will not be the same without her.

I feel your pain. We had to put our cat down yesterday because he was very ill. He was diagnosed as diabetic, which in and of itself isn't a death sentence (even for pets), but he wouldn't eat and needed to be force-fed by the vets at the hospital. The food was staying down until yesterday morning, when he suddenly started throwing it back up, and there was blood in it. We knew then we'd done all we could for him, and made the decision to put him to sleep, as hard as it was. We couldn't bring him home until he was able to eat on his own and his blood sugar level was leveled off, and it seemed that as soon as he took one step forward, he took another two steps back.

The good news is, we're going to the shelter this afternoon and getting a new kitty, one that I'm naming Floyd. Because it's a damn good name, and haven't had a turn at naming a pet since 1987. :lol:

I feel your pain. We had to put our cat down yesterday because he was very ill. He was diagnosed as diabetic, which in and of itself isn't a death sentence (even for pets), but he wouldn't eat and needed to be force-fed by the vets at the hospital. The food was staying down until yesterday morning, when he suddenly started throwing it back up, and there was blood in it. We knew then we'd done all we could for him, and made the decision to put him to sleep, as hard as it was. We couldn't bring him home until he was able to eat on his own and his blood sugar level was leveled off, and it seemed that as soon as he took one step forward, he took another two steps back.

The good news is, we're going to the shelter this afternoon and getting a new kitty, one that I'm naming Floyd. Because it's a damn good name, and haven't had a turn at naming a pet since 1987. :lol:

So sorry for your loss too Liz. It is hard to come to that final conclusion and make that decision. We did with out dog we had before when she got kidney disease.

My torment with losing our cat is the terror she went through before she died. The backyard was her safe zone and she never ventured outside any longer. She just had her cozy sleeping spot on my chase lounge. She struggled quite a bit to try and get away as there were several areas that had been distrubed and her collar was about 20 feet away from where she finally died. She was alone and no one was here to save her or protect her.

Too soon for us to consider another kitty if at all.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Hi all,

Losing a loved one,either 2 or 4 legged is the worst,...I have lost more than I can count,....

That said,I do remember the good times.There were many.

KB

I need to learn to remember the good times when the unknow terror that I imagine takes over my thoughts. It will subside soon I hope. We are having her cremated and making a memory box for her. Hopefully that will give us some closure.

I'm sorry about your cat too. :( We lost one to diabetes about 9 years ago; it came on very quickly and unfortunately he didn't respond to insulin. It's so difficult to go through the loss of a pet; even when having them put down is the most humane decision it's so hard. :(

And Ledzepfvr, I feel terrible for you for what your poor cat went through. :( I hope the dogs are found; animals that attack and are a danger should be put down.

Hi all,

I need to learn to remember the good times when the unknow terror that I imagine takes over my thoughts. It will subside soon I hope. We are having her cremated and making a memory box for her. Hopefully that will give us some closure.

Cats or dogs first? ;) Then we can get to the two legged? :P I have some tales to tell,....

Chin up girlfriend! :console:

KB

A very close friend of mine got a diagnosis from his neurologist today.

He just went there because he had a collaps recently and his father has mutiple sclerosis, so they made tests and checks to find out whether he has, too.

The results he got were:

-mutiple sclerosis

-affective bipolarity disorder

-clinical depression

-sleeping disorder

-paranoia

-shizophrenia

-delusions

-light form of amnesia (noticed he had problems before remenbering names)

-charles-bonnet-syndrom

-epilepsy

- and a IQ high above the average. (seems like nothing compared to all listed above)

And there is no way I can help him :( Today is one day you realise how meaningless the own problems actaully are.

Edited by mastress of procrastinate

I'm very sorry, that's awful.

Irresponsible dog owners make my blood boil.

A very close friend of mine got a diagnosis from his neurologist today.

He just went there because he had a collaps recently and his father has mutiple sclerosis, so they made tests and checks to find out whether he has, too.

The results he got were:

-mutiple sclerosis

-affective bipolarity disorder

-clinical depression

-sleeping disorder

-paranoia

-shizophrenia

-delusions

-light form of amnesia (noticed he had problems before remenbering names)

-charles-bonnet-syndrom

-epilepsy

- and a IQ high above the average. (seems like nothing compared to all listed above)

And there is no way I can help him :( Today is one day you realise how meaningless the own problems actaully are.

Deaths and diagnoses, they all just seem to suck the big one.

I really suck at words so all I will say is pray for what you can, to whom ever you will.

We are all music lovers here, go spin some of that musical healing.

Teebo