What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Being up every 2 hours all night with my 23 year old son, doing Blood test after he picked up a sickness bug. As he has Diabetes.... So tired...

oh you poor thing!

guess we never stop being parents, no matter how old they are. ( btw, i have an almost 23yo son too :) )

• 3 weeks later...

Goddammit! :(

The LA Lakers are down 0-2 in their series against Dallas, after losing the first two games at HOME! And Ron Artest will most likely be suspended for game 3, after his punk move last night. The three-peat is in serious jeopardy.

To top it off, the team I most wanted the Lakers to face in the Finals, Boston Celtics, are also down 0-2 against Miami. I DO NOT want Miami winning the championship.

Suddenly, the Lakers and Celtics look old and tired. At least Boston is going home for the next two games; Lakers gotta go to Dallas, where I bet Izzoso will be cheering with glee. :)

Truth to tell, it's time we got some new blood...it's good for the NBA in the long run. Chicago w/ Derrick Rose, OKC w/ Durantula, Atlanta Hawks, Memphis, all these young fresh teams are fun to watch.

Just don't let it be Miami...not after the way they went about it last summer with all that "The Decision" garbage.

Being up every 2 hours all night with my 23 year old son, doing Blood test after he picked up a sickness bug. As he has Diabetes.... So tired...

Oh gosh! You poor thing! :console2: It just goes to show that "A Mother's Love Knows No Bounds".

Wishing you a Very Happy Mother's Day, Cate! :friends:

Just saw a workmate and his wife on the morning news pleeding for witnesses to step forward. Ten day's ago, their 19yr old son was randomly attacked and stabbed to death by 4 gang members . His friend, is still in hospital in critical condition. Anyone who's a parent will be able to relate to the horror and grief they are feeling at the moment.

Just saw a workmate and his wife on the morning news pleeding for witnesses to step forward. Ten day's ago, their 19yr old son was randomly attacked and stabbed to death by 4 gang members . His friend, is still in hospital in critical condition. Anyone who's a parent will be able to relate to the horror and grief they are feeling at the moment.

So sorry to hear of this.

That is horrible for your workmate and his wife. What a sad mother's day this will be for them.

Life can be so cruel sometimes.

So sorry to hear of this.

That is horrible for your workmate and his wife. What a sad mother's day this will be for them.

Life can be so cruel sometimes.

We are in the process of putting together a trust fund through a banking institution in the boy's name. There is also movement afoot to have a benefit night for the family's. Neither will take away the pain of losing their child but if it produces even a small ray of light for the future, then both ventures will have served their purpose .

Sometimes it's "good" to read things like those when my day is unhappy because of a crack of my external hard drive... I have there (apart from LZ videos and rarities, films and documents) some photos of my mother, who died a year ago, and I felt very sad because of it, but... from this moment I'm not going to complain yet.

Deaths and diagnoses, they all just seem to suck the big one.

I really suck at words so all I will say is pray for what you can, to whom ever you will.

We are all music lovers here, go spin some of that musical healing.

Teebo

I humbly suggest that the friend should seek a second opinion.

Edited by Tejanablonde

Made me unhappy yesterday...and I am still unhappy about it today.

"IT" being the COMPLETE AND UTTER BEATDOWN of the LA Lakers by Dallas yesterday, knocking the Lakers out in the second-round of the playoffs. For the first time in 3 years, the Lakers will not be in the NBA Championship

Finals.

But, you know, it wasn't losing that hurt...you can't win EVERY year. No, it was the WAY they lost and the way they lost their cool and lack of class(such as Bynum's cheapshot foul).

Getting blown out by 30+ points? Where was the Lakers pride? Watching the game yesterday, I felt bewildered, dismayed, ANGRY...then finally ASHAMED AND EMBARRASSED. :(

What a way for Phil Jackson to go out.

And yesterday is just another reason why, no matter how many championships Kobe wins, the Kobe-era teams will never surpass the Magic Johnson Showtime teams in Laker fans hearts.

OK, I realize that getting upset about a basketball team looks inconsequential in light of all the floods, tornadoes, sickness and death that surrounds us. But the thread asks what made you unhappy...and that's what made me unhappy. If that makes me frivolous in your eyes, so be it.

There is a silver lining in all this. With all the Laker-haters out there, the Lakers getting swept out of the playoffs means a lot of people are HAPPY today.

Of the 3 pet bunnies we had two weeks ago, two have died - we buried the second one yesterday. The vet noted breathing difficulties - but they were 5 years and 7 years old and had never showed this kind of problem before. The older bunny was just fine one day (eating, drinking, hopping, going to the bathroom, etc.) then dead the next! We live on the top floor of a 3-floor apartment building, and nothing had changed (diet, surroundings) so we've ruled out poisoning and now wonder if they might have picked up some sort of bird flu from the little sparrows that fly down to eat their bunny food mix (it contains seeds). The only bunny left now is 5 years old and doesn't show any of the symptoms the others had, but we're still concerned.

My mother in law died this afternoon. She was a wonderful woman and I'm very lucky to have been embraced by this family.

So sorry to hear this news my friend. I can appreciate your loss and your sadness. Hope hubby is doing ok . My condolences to both of you

My mother in law died this afternoon. She was a wonderful woman and I'm very lucky to have been embraced by this family.

I'm not particularly religious and I hope you don't find me too forward, but I found myself thinking of these lines when reading your post, ebk.

The Angels are carrying her home

Where the Lord will meet her

With a pair of wings

I experienced how much it hurts to be rejected.

......................... :( missy

My dear Missy, how I understand you... me too.

He still doesn't love me . All is the same since some months ago. I only love him. And he prefers being with other women. And I can't understand why he doesn't like me. I feel so bad....

Edited by Laura_Page