What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I just logged into my Yahoo Mail account so either it just came back or the problem wasn't with the mail client itself.

Yeah its working now. I know somone else that could not get on either. So I think their server was down for a short time. I still will take them over any other email service.

I prefer Gmail to Yahoo. I've never once been shut out of my account (not that it hasn't happened to others) and I don't get nearly the amount of spam with Gmail that I do with Yahoo. Plus, Gmail must be doing something right since Yahoo is doing all they can to keep up with the sort of changes Gmail originally implemented.

I prefer Gmail to Yahoo. I've never once been shut out of my account (not that it hasn't happened to others) and I don't get nearly the amount of spam with Gmail that I do with Yahoo. Plus, Gmail must be doing something right since Yahoo is doing all they can to keep up with the sort of changes Gmail originally implemented.

I just like the appearance and format of yahoo the best. I have opened accounts with just about all of them. If you have been a multi banned exile you have to know these things. Ha.

A/C seems to be broken. Fortunately, it's no longer 97 degrees outside. It's now a balmy 88.........

The wine is chilled. Something went right :)

That was a rough day in your neck of the woods, heat-wise (I was up there). No AC on the metro :veryhot:

Hotplant: I'm so sorry. :(

EBK: I'm very sorry.

My unhappiness is a little superficial, (thank God): I cut my lip on the plastic wrapper from an Otter Pop. :slapface:

(which, by the way, I just went and got another one after a few minutes....) :lol:

Edited by manderlyh

Went to Selco Builders Merchant to get some paint, machine kaput, went back a couple of hours later for some boards to be cut, machine kaput, another unproductive day, chilled in the sun with some zepp songs. :cheer:

Regards, Danny

Had a wonderful breakfast of Ommlett, Raw Tommatoes, Heinz Beans and 4 slices of Fried Bread, only to have the lot come up an hour later, too much fried bread i think, not feeling too hungry now. :(

Regards, Danny

PS, Back on the porridge and honey tommorow. :D

Edited by BIGDAN

The people on the forum who have turned Ramble On to "Racists-R-Us." It is sad it is permitted, as it reflects poorly to who are Zep fans.

I think it is so disgusting, and frankly blows my mind that in this day and age it seems to be a daily rant for a few here. All it does is stir up hate.

MANY people have been fired from jobs for similar talk. Yet here it is everyday chit chat now.

To those of you who come up with ...*cough* "clever" ways of using the N word...you are sick.

Zep was never about hate. If you want to talk hate join a hate group. That is where you belong. <_< <_< <_< <_< :flyakite:

^^^^^^Gotta agree with you Hotplant. I read some of these posts in amazment of how vicious some of them are. It is sad that members here resort to this. I have to admit that I found it shocking when I first joined the forum here but now have come to accept that this kind of behavior happens here on a regular basis and know to stay clear of those threads.

My a--hole ex shows up, starts ranting and raving at our daughter whom he hasn't seen in three years, tells her to "Get a new father if she doesn't like it", makes her cry and go to a friend's house so now I am stuck alone with this jerk that I am being polite to for the kids' sake.

And he doesn't pay child support, which of course I never bring up to the kids, although they probably have figured it out.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out ...

My a--hole ex shows up, starts ranting and raving at our daughter whom he hasn't seen in three years, tells her to "Get a new father if she doesn't like it", makes her cry and go to a friend's house so now I am stuck alone with this jerk that I am being polite to for the kids' sake.

And he doesn't pay child support, which of course I never bring up to the kids, although they probably have figured it out.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out ...

No need to apologize. You both deserve better treatment than that.

^^^^^^Gotta agree with you Hotplant. I read some of these posts in amazment of how vicious some of them are. It is sad that members here resort to this. I have to admit that I found it shocking when I first joined the forum here but now have come to accept that this kind of behavior happens here on a regular basis and know to stay clear of those threads.

I hate to be a stick in the mud but if the forum is actively allowing racist comments, then just ignoring them is not an acceptable way of dealing with the problem. There's no grey area with this. I can tell you , if I can find a number of posts that verify that statement ( they may be there and I just haven't seen them ) and it becomes clear that it is in fact acceptable to post in that manner....I'm fucking outta here and won't return

No need to apologize. You both deserve better treatment than that.

Thanks, today has been a better day. I have to put up with this clown for a few more weeks, then he leaves. I'm counting the days!

Thanks, today has been a better day. I have to put up with this clown for a few more weeks, then he leaves. I'm counting the days!

hi janet

i hope you are having a better day today, you poor thing!

i don't think you should ever let this guy in your house at all. evr.

why should you?

he isn't there to be a good dad, he doesn't even pay his child support, so why have him there at all?

i know, i know, you want to keep the peace. but if makes your daughter cry, an he isn't even polite, and he doesn't pay ........

hi janet

i hope you are having a better day today, you poor thing!

i don't think you should ever let this guy in your house at all. evr.

why should you?

he isn't there to be a good dad, he doesn't even pay his child support, so why have him there at all?

i know, i know, you want to keep the peace. but if makes your daughter cry, an he isn't even polite, and he doesn't pay ........

Well you're right and this is the last time he stays with me. My son got married on Saturday (see "What made you happy today") and of course we had to include his father. Thanks for your concern! "The best years of my life gone by, here I am alone and blue"

I have been .putting up with this situation but it's not on me anymore to host this guy. My poor daughter-in-law will have to put up with him now!

Well you're right and this is the last time he stays with me. My son got married on Saturday (see "What made you happy today") and of course we had to include his father. Thanks for your concern! "The best years of my life gone by, here I am alone and blue"

I have been .putting up with this situation but it's not on me anymore to host this guy. My poor daughter-in-law will have to put up with him now!

i'm glad to hear it!

it's all good from now on, you wait and see. i wish you all the best for the future xo :)

I hate to be a stick in the mud but if the forum is actively allowing racist comments, then just ignoring them is not an acceptable way of dealing with the problem. There's no grey area with this. I can tell you , if I can find a number of posts that verify that statement ( they may be there and I just haven't seen them ) and it becomes clear that it is in fact acceptable to post in that manner....I'm fucking outta here and won't return

Nooooooo! Let's not be too hasty and let the troublemakers drive away the good people around here. I know it's happened before but we need the voices of reason and sanity to prevail.

Besides, whose shoulder will I cry on when I need a good friend? :rolleyes: