What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Glad to hear you are feeling better :thumbsup: Walking is a great way to relieve stress, did you go anywhere nice?

Yes, I did! :D I went to this lovely park near University called Albert Park. There is something so peaceful and serene about that place! :)

Here's a photo I took of my favourite place in the park a couple of months ago. I was sitting on that very bench today just unwinding and enjoying the breeze B) BTW, in the photo, that blue bag is the very bag I take every day to University! :lol:

Photo0446.jpg

Yes, I did! :D I went to this lovely park near University called Albert Park. There is something so peaceful and serene about that place! :)

Here's a photo I took of my favourite place in the park a couple of months ago. I was sitting on that very bench today just unwinding and enjoying the breeze B) BTW, in the photo, that blue bag is the very bag I take every day to University! :lol:

Photo0446.jpg

It certainly looks restful there, maybe we should start a 'Topic on our most useful Items'... :lol: Your bag would qualify.

Been under so much stress lately. I am so jumpy these days and according to my mom, I am pretty hard to live with now! I don't mean to snap and get all worked up! :( It's just that there is so much to do and sometimes I just can't take it! My heart starts to pound, I break out into a cold sweat and my hands start to shake! Sheesh! :wacko:

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little more relaxed. Stress can make even the calmest of people jumpy. Fool's right, it sounds like classic panic attack symptoms to me as well. The problem is if you get yourself all worked up, you won't be able to concentrate on the work you need to do. Try and take a couple of hours out of your day to just unwind and not think about anything stressful. Easier said than done, I know!

Spending all day trying to Open my 'Leo' a savings account, only 1 Financial Advisor in the Building Society.. Then their NEW Software would not process my Information, so after spending 2 hours in there I was told I would need to go back to pick up 'Leo's' pass book when the System was up and running...I got all the way Home had been in about 1Hour, them I got a call to say it was ready, off I went again only to find that the Forms that had been filled in earlier in the day were the wrong ones.... :( Glad to say it is all sorted now..

Robin Gibb said to have liver cancer

Published: Nov. 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM

LONDON, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- Musician Robin Gibb, member of the writing, singing, producing trio the Bee Gees, has liver cancer, a family friend said.

"Robin is not good and there is a lot of concern for him," said a friend wishing to remain anonymous.

"There is frustration because Robin has always looked after himself. He doesn't drink, eats well and exercises daily," Britain's The Sunday Mirror reported the friend said.

Gibb, 61, was diagnosed months ago and was rushed from his home in Thame, Oxfordshire, to John Radcliffe Hospital where he was treated for abdominal pain and inflammation of the colon, Gibb's Web site said.

He looked frail when making an appearance on Britain's "The Alan Titchmarsh Show," and spoke of being reunited with his late brother and fellow Bee Gee, Maurice, who died at 53 in 2003 of cardiac arrest prior to emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage, onTheRedCarpet.com reported.

"I just imagine he is out there somewhere and I will bump into him one day," Britain's The Sunday Telegraph reported Gibb as saying.

Andy Gibb, the youngest of the siblings and not a member of the Bee Gees but a successful solo artist, was 30 when he died in 1988 following years of alcohol and cocaine abuse.

Barry Gibb, his wife, Linda and the brothers' mother, Barbara have flown from their homes in Miami, Fla., back to Britain to be with Robin and his wife, Dwina, The Sunday Mirror reported.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/Music/2011/11/20/Robin-Gibb-said-to-have-liver-cancer/UPI-51941321828160/print/#ixzz1eNQcfn4Z

LONDON, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- Musician Robin Gibb, member of the writing, singing, producing trio the Bee Gees, has liver cancer, a family friend said.

"Robin is not good and there is a lot of concern for him," said a friend wishing to remain anonymous.

"There is frustration because Robin has always looked after himself. He doesn't drink, eats well and exercises daily," Britain's The Sunday Mirror reported the friend said.

Gibb, 61, was diagnosed months ago and was rushed from his home in Thame, Oxfordshire, to John Radcliffe Hospital where he was treated for abdominal pain and inflammation of the colon, Gibb's Web site said.

He looked frail when making an appearance on Britain's "The Alan Titchmarsh Show," and spoke of being reunited with his late brother and fellow Bee Gee, Maurice, who died at 53 in 2003 of cardiac arrest prior to emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage, onTheRedCarpet.com reported.

"I just imagine he is out there somewhere and I will bump into him one day," Britain's The Sunday Telegraph reported Gibb as saying.

Andy Gibb, the youngest of the siblings and not a member of the Bee Gees but a successful solo artist, was 30 when he died in 1988 following years of alcohol and cocaine abuse.

Barry Gibb, his wife, Linda and the brothers' mother, Barbara have flown from their homes in Miami, Fla., back to Britain to be with Robin and his wife, Dwina, The Sunday Mirror reported.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/E.../#ixzz1eNQcfn4Z

OK, this news seriously made me unhappy today! :( Poor Mr. Gibb! :(

Growing up, I loved the Bee Gees and at 23, I sure as hell still do!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Read more: http://www.upi.com/E.../#ixzz1eNQcfn4Z

This really makes me sad. I LOVED the BeeGees as a pre-teen (and took a lot of grief for it!). I hope he's comfortable.

Cancer SUCKS.

• 3 weeks later...

Learning the hard and painful way who my friends really are, when I got snubbed (big time) by this downright bastard, who I have known for about a year now. I intially thought that he was the nicest guy I have ever met and we really hit it off. I was even foolish enough to give a gift and a birthday card to the asshole on his birthday in September.

Yesterday, he pretty much showed his true colours to me. It was my birthday a couple of days ago. I get a text from the guy where he referrs to me as his "best friend" and wishes me a happy birthday. Naturally I was touched and I thanked the guy. Now, two days later, I get another text from the guy asking me to help him buy a fuckin' birthday cake for his friend whose birthday happens to be on the 22nd of December! Hey, I am a reasonable person and I try to be as nice and friendly as I possibly can. But on receiving his text message, I saw red and something inside me snapped! I told myself to calm the fuck down. I didn't reply to him and I ignored it. He then calls me at 3'o clock in the fuckin' morning. How desperate can one bastard get huh? I ignored that too. Then I get a freakin' IM on MSN from him asking me if I got his text. I typed one word out "yes". He then IMs me back and asked "So could you help me then?". Again, I typed one word out: A big fat fuckin "No"!. He then replies with a single word: "Oh". Crestfallen little mofo, isn't he? Then after a few hours, I sent a long text to the guy telling him off. I held nothing back. I hate being snubbed and I refuse to take any shit. Overracting? Perhaps. BUT still, I refuse to take shit and be snubbed like this by some chit of a mofo. That is all! I don't expect any cake or any other crap people get for their birthday. Hell, I am 24 fuckin' years old and to me my birthday is just another day where I am technically a year older. But it's the principle behind this whole thing which really pissed me off and his attitude towards me!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^ Hi Jessica! :wave: (I learnt your name from your thread in the "Meet And Greet" section :D). I'm Preetha (that's my real name and "Kiwi" is a nickname of mine around here :lol:). Thank you so very much! That was so sweet of you! :friends: I have calmed down a lot now and I am not going to give that guy a second thought!

P.S

Will be posting in your thread soon to give you a proper welcome to the forums! Cheers to you! :beer: