What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

MM, On 29th July I have to go and see some people who will get me a job, there was a vacancy in their organisation for an administrator (which I have done) and I didn't even get an interview. So it should be interesting to hear their comments on how they are going to get me back into work.

Edited by joe (Liverpool)

I'm home!

My vacation is over! :unsure:

3 weeks in Italy and Greece...done.

Back to work tomorrow.

Did get a nice LZ t-shirt though :)

You have a hard life man. lol Seriously though that is awesome. Post some pictures in the Random Pictures or Photography threads.

My cat spilled coffee on my laptop, my only source of transportation is a motorcycle because my car broke down and it gave out today, this happened on the way to a test at college that I missed and will have to make it up, while I was in the parking lot my phone died, I had to push a Harley that weighs as much as a small planet for miles in over 100 degree heat with no shade or water, I got no call backs for a job I've been searching for desperately, the only call I got was from the psycho I'm being semi-stalked by who is all but certainly responsible for my bike troubles, having stolen it recently and the cops could not get the spare key back from him because he plead ignorant so he will probably steal it again, I had some leads on some work I was going to go to tomorrow but now I can't leave the house and I'm too broke to fix my vehicles right away, and tonight my girlfriend texts me and tells me her grandpa is dying. I guess tomorrow has nowhere to go but up. :yay:

I've not mentioned this before, but apart from being a Chartered Accountant of considerable repute, I also have a successful sideline in Life Coaching.

Whoa!!!! .............. :o :o

I just assumed you were one of those grubby, derelict street flasher's in a raincoat, who somehow managed to find a computer to use.

;)

:hysterical:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

^ :hysterical:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, DAS. I agree with MM, get something more reliable for transportation and keep that stalker dude away from it. Hope your g-friends grandpa gets better soon, also.

:)

In the old days a gentleman could view his morning newspaper in peace, like Cary Grant did.

Since the internet, that tradition seems to have gone out the window........

Edited by Cecil.

I've not mentioned this before, but apart from being a Chartered Accountant of considerable repute, I also have a successful sideline in Life Coaching.

I don't generally recommend Quick Fixes, but from what you've written, I'd say you should prioritise the Harley. Specifically, you should get it running, obtain a new key, and then trade it in as quickly as possible for a proper Jap bike.

I had been planning to trade the bike for a good car. If I fix the problem it has a resale value of 8-10 grand (in a good economy). It will be really hard to let it go because it's so much fun and because it will take me like 30 years to afford another one. I've rode a lot of bikes and Japaneses bikes are just not the same. Even some of the smaller Harleys are not the same. I only have this bike because I got a great deal on it that no sane person could pass on. That's also why the police had to get it back from the nut job. He went broke and demanded I pay him more money for a bike I bought several years ago from him (which is why he had the spare key). That's also why he won't leave me alone, because he wants money. He should pick someone a little more employed to demand money from though. :hysterical:

My wife got a dodgy £10 note from the cash machine at Tower Hill Post Office and they refused all liability, so I asked them to put a disclaimer notice on the machine stating that any fawlty notes given out by the machine will not be replaced.......They refused, as I was still talking to the staff someone overheard and said that it had occured a few times in the past two weeks from the same machine. They are looking into it...Hmmmmmm.

Having to wait sucks. When I was a teenager I had to wait on test results to see if I had cancer and they took forever and didn't call me directly with the results. Because I was under 18 they called one of my parents. It was nothing but dang, hurry up people.