What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I feel for you...very tough decision to make. At least she's not suffering anymore..... Peace.

Incredibly tough. Thank you for your kind words, Walter. :)

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is always hard. Especially a social and loving animal like a cat.

Thank you, DAS. She was a great friend.

My cat was sick and suffering....I had to put her down. Misery. :tears:

We lost our beautiful Monty last year. He was only a year old and got killed on the road. I found him though and buried him in the garden. I still think about him. I feel for you BE. But hey it's better than suffering? Here is the scamp

post-4226-0-00908300-1344323452_thumb.jp

sorry to read all these sad pet stories. i've always had cats, and though i have never had to have any put down, i can imagine it must be the hardest thing to do.

here is a happy cat story that happened to us ...

about 4 years ago, my daughter was given a female black kitten to kind of " replace " the old black male cat we had. he died at age 16. anyway, she had 2 litters ( which we found homes for ) and then we got her desexed. we kept one male kiiten for my son. he was all black too!

the mother we names snowball, and the baby, spooky.

things were going fine till we had to move to another rented house. the landlord wouldn't allow pets, so my sons' father said he would take both cats. again, things were going fine. but one day first one, then the other cat went missing, never to be found.

then about 6 months ago, i arrived home from work to find snowball sitting on my front porch, waiting for me! she had only been to this house once before, for a few hours, and only got driven there and taken inside, never let outside.

so, how did she find her way home??? we don't know. she was skin and bone, and had gotten her front paw stuck through her collar, so she couldn't walk properly. all the fur had rubbed off and the skin was red raw. she must have been in a lot of pain. and HUNGRY! i would say she was days from death.

but she has fully recovered and lives with us now. bugger the landlord! if he finds out, i'll just say she is a stray ....

here is a pic of mother and son

post-3695-0-62253400-1344324695_thumb.jp

Edited by slave to zep

We lost our beautiful Monty last year. He was only a year old and got killed on the road. I found him though and buried him in the garden. I still think about him. I feel for you BE. But hey it's better than suffering? Here is the scamp

post-4226-0-00908300-1344323452_thumb.jp

That's so terrible. What a beautiful kitten.

sorry to read all these sad pet stories. i've always had cats, and though i have never had to have any put down, i can imagine it must be the hardest thing to do.

here is a happy cat story that happened to us ...

about 4 years ago, my daughter was given a female black kitten to kind of " replace " the old black male cat we had. he died at age 16. anyway, she had 2 litters ( which we found homes for ) and then we got her desexed. we kept one male kiiten for my son. he was all black too!

the mother we names snowball, and the baby, spooky.

things were going fine till we had to move to another rented house. the landlord wouldn't allow pets, so my sons' father said he would take both cats. again, things were going fine. but one day first one, then the other cat went missing, never to be found.

then about 6 months ago, i arrived home from work to find snowball sitting on my front porch, waiting for me! she had only been to this house once before, for a few hours, and only got driven there and taken inside, never let outside.

so, how did she find her way home??? we don't know. she was skin and bone, and had gotten her front paw stuck through her collar, so she couldn't walk properly. all the fur had rubbed off and the skin was red raw. she must have been in a lot of pain. and HUNGRY! i would say she was days from death.

but she has fully recovered and lives with us now. bugger the landlord! if he finds out, i'll just say she is a stray ....

here is a pic of mother and son

Cats are so intelligent. When I was a little girl we had gotten our cat Boots from someone else. Well, he kept running miles and miles away to his old home. I think I was the cause of that though. I was like four years old and always wanted to put a bonnet on him and stroll him around the house! hah!

And your kitties are adorable too! I love black cats.

Edited by betteremily

That's so terrible. What a beautiful kitten.

Cats are so intelligent. When I was a little girl we had gotten our cat Boots from someone else. Well, he kept running miles and miles away to his old home. I think I was the cause of that though. I was like four years old and always wanted to put a bonnet on him and stroll him around the house! hah!

And your kitties are adorable too! I love black cats.

the thing that amazed us is the fact she had only been there the once. maybe she just wandered around, and picked up our scent? dunno. we still hope that spook comes home one day, but i doubt it .... :(

We can't risk having another mog. Even though we have acres of countryside behind our house, Mont would always sneak across the road down to the canal looking for voles. Quite a few mornings I would have to rescue a cowering mouse or vole. He was a predetor and no mistake. This is a pic of his final day with us. Ironic really as he's got a mouse in his Jaw. But we were warned about how daft Ginger toms are and how they like to roam around.

post-4226-0-20172000-1344329434_thumb.jp