What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

This should go both in the happy and unhappy threads for me. I have officially ended my 2 years and 4 months relationship with my fiance. It is bittersweet because it stinks to break up after being together for so long and sharing some good times, but I feel free now and more alive than I have in a long time.

This should go both in the happy and unhappy threads for me. I have officially ended my 2 years and 4 months relationship with my fiance. It is bittersweet because it stinks to break up after being together for so long and sharing some good times, but I feel free now and more alive than I have in a long time.

I am sorry for you, in so far as it sucks to put so much time in a relationship and have it end like that.

But hey hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! ;)

I'm unhappy as a friend is leaving to study in London in a month. Before that though, she is spending a week in Lebanon. To say I'm a bit worried for her safety is an understatement.

Edited by Strider

I was supposed to have an operation shortly, but the almighty powerful dickheads at the hospital admin decided to deter and put me on a waiting list, even though my surgeon wants it done soon ....... ggrrrrrrrrr

I also had to do my daughter's (Veghead) annual tax. It wasn't too involved or difficult, but it always ends up having some sort of pain in the bum, time consuming problem.

[i am sufferring from a lack of being quoted and attacked in here].

[there used to be a day when i could look forward to deflecting a few grenades]

[but now no matter how hard i try i can freely talk about how utterly gay obama is an not get a rise out of anyone]...

[where's the america i knew as a boy]? :(

It is a real racket. Alot of crooks out there disguised as mechanics. You are not alone

There are some bad apples out there that do not have the know how on todays complicated driving machines. The trick is to find the one's that keep up with the information needed to fix them. And it is a considerable cost to a good mechanic to have that information and the right tools, which is passed on to the consumer unfortunately.

My dad grounded me when I called Kim Kardashian a smelly cum bucket. He loves her show.

Christ - when I was your age, our family watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, and then Disney, hoping for a new Mike Fink and the River Pirates episode. "No" was a dirty word, which was not permitted.

^ well, I do to public school. The language that I (unfortunately) picked up there sometimes slips out at home, and I pay for it. I just wanted to clear that up so you don't get the impression that my parents are bad people. I'm trying to control my language a lot more, but sometimes ( like on these forums), I get a bit too comfortable and say things that offend others or cause my family to look bad. Sorry for the language everyone. I'll keep it under control from now on.

I was in the corner station picking up some cancer and some petrol, and I saw a package of Spree candy.

Haven't had these in about 10 years and they reminded me of when I was younger, so I figured I'd pick them up.

OMG.

Wow these things suck. 512 million % daily value of sugar.

Did William Wonka lose his recipie, or were they really always this bad? Worst 1 pound 50 I ever spent

^ well, I do to public school. The language that I (unfortunately) picked up there sometimes slips out at home, and I pay for it. I just wanted to clear that up so you don't get the impression that my parents are bad people. I'm trying to control my language a lot more, but sometimes ( like on these forums), I get a bit too comfortable and say things that offend others or cause my family to look bad. Sorry for the language everyone. I'll keep it under control from now on.

I'm not concerned about your language - you will find that by observing people who use foul language, that you don't want to be like that, for yourself. I would suggest on the next TV whore show night, that you ask your dad to go out bowling or get a bucket of steamed crabs, instead. That's the reality your family needs.

Well, hopefully you can think of different things to do, to get out with each or all of your family. I know it's a rough age to find common ground, sometimes. Maybe your dad is in a rut with things he has to deal with - I don't think flipping through TV night after night is much of a way of getting out of that. Good luck - you seem to have a desire to make things better!