What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

That's tough. I'm so sorry to hear that, but at least the dog was not alone and in the arms of one who loved him. When we put our dog down the vet came out to the house to do the deed and our Sheila died in the arms of my two daughters. On the other hand our cat was murdered last year by two dogs who invaded our backyard and she died alone being mauled by them. My mind really had a hard time dealing with the torment she went through and no one being there to save her.

^ That's horrible. That happened to someone else I knew as well, only it was with a Guinea pig and a raccoon.

So today I go to my record store to buy a Zep boot that I had them hold until iI had the money. I picked it up, paid for it, and when I got to the car and played it, someone put their own Zep play list on there. So I spent the next hour trying to return it, and when I finally got my money back, they could only give me store credit, and I had until closing to pick something out. And closing was in five minutes. So, I just picked up some Jeff Beck and Van Halen and sprinted back to the register so I didn't COMPLETELY waste my $17.33. So ends the fantasy of having an easier way of picking up Zeppelin boots.

Edited by sickagain98

^^^^Thank you all for your thoughts. It's been a depressing week at work. Her family came in and cleaned out her personal stuff from her desk and it seems so empty. Tomorrow is the visitation and Sat. the memorial services. Still hard to believe.

My sympathies go out to all of you experiencing woes in the workplace. That can be such a soul-sucking burden in your life that it weighs you down so that it's a drag just to get out of bed in the morning.

My thoughts are with you Patrycja, Ledzepfvr, LZG and anyone else going through tough times at work.

My sympathies go out to all of you experiencing woes in the workplace. That can be such a soul-sucking burden in your life that it weighs you down so that it's a drag just to get out of bed in the morning.

My thoughts are with you Patrycja, Ledzepfvr, LZG and anyone else going through tough times at work.

Thank you Strider. That's very sweet of you.

Completely agree! Sorry to hear about what's happening out there with you all.

Peace.

A close friend hung herself Friday afternoon. She was only 15. It's been an extremely sad few days for her family, and for me and my family as well. I never would have expected this to happen, despite the fact that we were friends for over 5 years now. The funeral is on Wednesday.

:'(

A close friend hung herself Friday afternoon. She was only 15. It's been an extremely sad few days for her family, and for me and my family as well. I never would have expected this to happen, despite the fact that we were friends for over 5 years now. The funeral is on Wednesday.

Damn that's brutal news, sickagain. That poor girl...and her poor family and friends that are left trying to make sense of it all.

I'm guessing you're pretty young yourself, which only makes it tougher to process a tragedy like this. There seem to be many more suicides among young people today than other generations. Whether it is bullying or depression or abuse, I read about more and more cases of teen suicide. Hell, there have been a few mentions of suicide on this forum in the past year.

I wonder if your friend left a note...some clue as to why.

I'm sorry to hear that. Here's hoping you and your family, as well as that poor girl's family can find the strength to pull through during this tragic time.

This is such a tragedy. My thoughts to you and her family. A tough experience to get through for all who are involved.

I have a 15 year old.

So much time left to right all that was wrong. My heart is heavy for her parents as I can't imagine what they are going through! Those who loved her are in my thoughts.

Peace.

I have a 15 year old.

So much time left to right all that was wrong. My heart is heavy for her parents as I can't imagine what they are going through! Those who loved her are in my thoughts.

Peace.

Amen.

I had suicidal thoughts when I was 15, too. Fortunately I always had a light at the end of the tunnel, a light in the darkness to pull me through.

That light was Led Zeppelin. Those 1977 concerts literally saved my life.

When I got older I realized how pointless and stupid it would have been to kill myself...and how much of life I would have missed out on.

so sorry to hear this. i hope you are coping ok, it must be the hardest loss to get over. xo