What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My friend is going through some hardships right now. I pray that it gets better for her...

I tend to avoid this thread on the weekend...who wants to read unhappy news on a weekend?...but a mis-click brought me here and so...

LZG, I will write you later but I think I know the friend you're talking about. You'll think I'm nuts, but whenever I go thru times like your friend, I often get solace and comfort in this song. :console:

I tend to avoid this thread on the weekend...who wants to read unhappy news on a weekend?...but a mis-click brought me here and so...

LZG, I will write you later but I think I know the friend you're talking about. You'll think I'm nuts, but whenever I go thru times like your friend, I often get solace and comfort in this song. :console:

Actually, it's a different friend.

I got my school pictures back and they are TERRIBLE! D: I hate pictures so much! Plus, we had 5 hour history day practice and 3 of it was consumed with geometry homework. Seriously, geometry? How I hate you so.

Ugh; I hear you, math was never my thing. Have you ever checked out www.khanacademy.org? They have You Tube videos that explain how to do various kinds of math problems; sorted by type of math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, etc). Good luck!

Ugh; I hear you, math was never my thing. Have you ever checked out www.khanacademy.org? They have You Tube videos that explain how to do various kinds of math problems; sorted by type of math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, etc). Good luck!

I've never heard of that, thank you so much! I will definitely look that up, I need as much help as I can get! :)

I've never heard of that, thank you so much! I will definitely look that up, I need as much help as I can get! :)

They have other subjects as well (finance, art history, etc.). Very cool site, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Good luck with your geometry! :)

A student died at my University today. It was a suicide. He was a business school student just like me. He jumped from the 6th floor and plunged to his death into the atrium! Something made me not go to University today, even though I have 3 overdue library books. As I write this, my head is throbbing because of my extremely feeble attempts to cope with hard hitting emotions such as anger, shock and sadness!

Some of my friends were unfortunately there in the business school building to witness this horrid incident first hand. Some even heard what they referred to as a "loud thump". They believe that the suicide was driven by stress caused by exams. A friend of mine even saw the guy this morning on the elevator, just minding his own business, probably going for an exam!

I apologise for my rambings, but I am deeply distressed about this entire incident at this point! I consider myself extremely fortunate to have not been there witnessing such a horrid tragedy first hand!!

I feel so sorry for the guy's parents and loved ones! Honestly, what a waste of a life! :(

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Kiwi, that's such a horrible thing to happen. So sorry for the family and friends left behind.

A close friend's father died a short time ago. He'd been ill for a while. The good thing is he did get to meet his twin grandchildren, who are just 2 years old. Young, or a bit older, it's never easy...

Strider, Deborah and ebk, at this point I am just so glad to know that my uni is offering counselling services to all those who were unfortunate to have witnessed this first hand! This is something on no account which should be taken lightly. It's pretty much all over the national news now and I just wonder how on earth the uni is going to convey this to the man's parents and loved ones. It's been confirmed in news reports that the man was just in his early twenties! Ugh! I just feel so sorry for this man's parents and the horror they are going to go through!

Also, the irony of it all is that some of my friends wanted to go bungy jumping and invited me to go with them! I texted my friends telling them not to do it, after all that has happened! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night just thinking of my friends bungy jumping off a bridge in the central part of city! It just sends chills down my spine thinking about it!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Kiwi, my heart breaks to hear news like this. :( Deborah is right, life is so precious and when something like this happens how can you not just cry and wonder why? I hope you are doing okay...and my condolences to this young man's family and friends too.

Anything you need my friend, just ask. :console: Missy