What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Received a phone call late last night telling me that an old childhood friend of our's had passed away over the weekend. As of yet, no details as to the cause but I expect to find that out today. Sometimes life itself seperates friends from each other and I must say that over the last few years and for that reason alone, we hadn't seen or heard much from him . I think there's a lesson in there for everybody

I'm sorry Ally. My condolences to you & your friend's family.

Not really unhappy just thoughtful, it would have been my Mums birthday today, when my Dad was dying he wanted to make it to Mums birthday but he died on the 12th, just 2 days before, as I say not really unhappy, just a bit more thoughtful and quieter than usual. Time for some Al Jolson and Gracie Fields (My Mums favourite record of all time is Gracie Fields "Around the World" and my friend downloaded a copy of it for me a few years ago. Strange when I think of it but My Mum ans Dad were boyfriend and girlfriend from the age of 15, they lived next door to each other . The only time they spent apart when my Dad was in the Royal Navy during World War II. they got married on December 15 1945 when they were 21 and stayed married until they both died at the age of 84 in 2009. co-incidentally they both died within a week of each others birthday. That was the real meaning of true love that few people ever find. As it says on their headstone "Together for Eternity". Sorry if this is boring some people but it's nice to think that some people will read this and understand.

Not really unhappy just thoughtful, it would have been my Mums birthday today, when my Dad was dying he wanted to make it to Mums birthday but he died on the 12th, just 2 days before, as I say not really unhappy, just a bit more thoughtful and quieter than usual. Time for some Al Jolson and Gracie Fields (My Mums favourite record of all time is Gracie Fields "Around the World" and my friend downloaded a copy of it for me a few years ago. Strange when I think of it but My Mum ans Dad were boyfriend and girlfriend from the age of 15, they lived next door to each other . The only time they spent apart when my Dad was in the Royal Navy during World War II. they got married on December 15 1945 when they were 21 and stayed married until they both died at the age of 84 in 2009. co-incidentally they both died within a week of each others birthday. That was the real meaning of true love that few people ever find. As it says on their headstone "Together for Eternity". Sorry if this is boring some people but it's nice to think that some people will read this and understand.

Not at all boring joe, a Beautiful and moving Tribute to your Parents...

A close family friend passed away, just 5 weeks after being told they have Cancer...

So sorry Ally to hear of your friends passing. Losing friends slaps you into the reality of our own mortality.

Thanks ! Yeah, it sure does. I've been thinking and laughing at some the antics he and the rest of us got up to in high school. Probably the funniest person I've ever met. He loved Mrs Ally and I know she loved him too :) .

Slave, sorry I missed you post earlier. Thanks so much :)

To Ally, Kate, Joe, MINI Zoso, slave, Ledzepfvr, planted, Led Zep Girl, and anyone else that has recently received sad news of a friend or loved one's passing, my condolences and heartfelt thoughts go out to you.

I also offer you these songs...they help me in trying times:

I have five friends that are each having to deal with tough, stressful problems and I worry if I'm giving enough support and help to them...or if I am even able to.

Strider, IMHO, if I was lucky enough to have friends (like you) who are sweet enough to care about me and constantly keep me and my troubles in their thoughts, I will be so touched beyond words could possibly express! :friends:

Also, I would just like to remind you that you have my email and that you will be hearing from me tonight and that if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you! Don't you forget it! :)

I have five friends that are each having to deal with tough, stressful problems and I worry if I'm giving enough support and help to them...or if I am even able to.

As Joe said, I'm sure it's all appreciated :yesnod: .