What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My copy of 'Celebration Day' didn't arrive in the post. :( Royal Mail are beyond useless. There's always tomorrow...

I hope everyone who got their's today is enjoying it. :)

The postie brought min 15 mins ago the deluxe version. B-R, DVD, 2 CDs. Something has come up and I've got to go out...So It's just CDs in the Car for now.

• 2 weeks later...

My son was sweet enough to give me his cold so I have been very lethargic this week and might break down and get some Sudafed. Word has it that it is good stuff. I guess if it is good enough for meth heads, it should be good for my cold.

hope you feel better soon... Why do they always share the things you don't want....

what made me un-happy BD promised to finish the wallpapering, but no he has been watching those 'Housewives' Revoke his man-card ....

^^^

:hysterical: Consider it revoked!

My son was sweet enough to give me his cold so I have been very lethargic this week and might break down and get some Sudafed. Word has it that it is good stuff. I guess if it is good enough for meth heads, it should be good for my cold.

Hmmm, you're like the fourth person I know with kids who is sick right now. Get well soon. Try the sudafed...it works for me.

More disappointed than unhappy but received a phone call telling me that my back surgery has been postponed . I was supposed to go in next week but now I'll have to wait until mid Jan. At least they didn't wait until I showed up ! .

Sorry to hear that 'ally' :( hope your not in to much pain...

Thanks Kate ! I wasn't totally suprised by the delay as it's pretty common in these parts . I'll be fine as long as they keep giving me meds but at this rate, they may have to send me to rehab as part of my post surgery recovery :lol: .

More disappointed than unhappy but received a phone call telling me that my back surgery has been postponed . I was supposed to go in next week but now I'll have to wait until mid Jan. At least they didn't wait until I showed up ! .

You will be in a brace for six weeks post op. Probably have to wear a bone stimulator for two hours a day for 9 months. If you are taking what I am, you are already hooked buddy. And getting off them is a bitch. I did it three times cold turkey. But if you can get methadone, it will work without withdrawals. They may delay your surgery again for diabetics. Sounds like Canada is worse than here for getting in.

poor ally! seems like it's been going on forever! 2013 will be a better year :)

It does feel that way Slave but at the same time, it's just the way of it and I'm definitely not alone . Thanks for the good wishes for 2013 :)

You will be in a brace for six weeks post op. Probably have to wear a bone stimulator for two hours a day for 9 months. If you are taking what I am, you are already hooked buddy. And getting off them is a bitch. I did it three times cold turkey. But if you can get methadone, it will work without withdrawals. They may delay your surgery again for diabetics. Sounds like Canada is worse than here for getting in.

I was on what I think you're on Rick but I did the cold turkey thing back in August and you're right, it was a bitch :wacko: ! At the moment, I'm taking meds that aren't as good or last as long but I take a lot of them thru the day. That'll change post surgery but they are aware of how much trouble I had with Oxycontin so I'm sure they'll devise a different plan of action.

I was on what I think you're on Rick but I did the cold turkey thing back in August and you're right, it was a bitch :wacko: ! At the moment, I'm taking meds that aren't as good or last as long but I take a lot of them thru the day. That'll change post surgery but they are aware of how much trouble I had with Oxycontin so I'm sure they'll devise a different plan of action.

My dr took me off Oxycontin, well I sort of took myself off. I was taking the 80's, the 12 hour monster that they are killing people for in Florida. They are putting it on foil and putting a lighter under it and smoking it. I have never done shit like that. Or scraped the liquid off Fentanyl patches. They may ask you if you want the patch? Fentanyl. Its synthetic heroine. It is addicting too as all opioids. But it wipes you out. I could not get up in the morning on it. Oxycocone with acetiminophen, which is tylenol is the most likely drug they will give you. 10/325 being the strongest. The 325 represents the amount of tylenol. They do have it without tylenol. I am on the 10's now. But you have to take more pills than when on the oxycontin. he was giving me the 80's witih 10 mg oxycodone without tylenol for breakthrough pain. Dilaudid which is morphine in a pill form is another possibility. Not as good as oxy. Avoid the steroid injections. Do not do it. You will get at most 10 days of relief and you are bombing your system with steroids. If things go south, and you are still in tremendous paiin, you could consider what I am waiting for now. The spinal chord stimulator. My injury was job related so I will not have to pay for this expensive device. They are to put a temporary on for 5 days to see if it works. If so, the permanent will be implanted below the skin on either side of your back. You get a wireless device to control it. Jerry Lewis says it saved his life. I may have to wait until I am one year post op. You may too if the regulations are similiar there? If yours is comp? Its the best thing that is out there and is better than a tens unit. I stopped using those. I have two of them. You put electodes on the place that hurts, and the wire connects to the device. You turn it up as high as you can stand it. Two AA batteries.

My dr took me off Oxycontin, well I sort of took myself off. I was taking the 80's, the 12 hour monster that they are killing people for in Florida. They are putting it on foil and putting a lighter under it and smoking it. I have never done shit like that. Or scraped the liquid off Fentanyl patches. They may ask you if you want the patch? Fentanyl. Its synthetic heroine. It is addicting too as all opioids. But it wipes you out. I could not get up in the morning on it. Oxycocone with acetiminophen, which is tylenol is the most likely drug they will give you. 10/325 being the strongest. The 325 represents the amount of tylenol. They do have it without tylenol. I am on the 10's now. But you have to take more pills than when on the oxycontin. he was giving me the 80's witih 10 mg oxycodone without tylenol for breakthrough pain. Dilaudid which is morphine in a pill form is another possibility. Not as good as oxy. Avoid the steroid injections. Do not do it. You will get at most 10 days of relief and you are bombing your system with steroids. If things go south, and you are still in tremendous paiin, you could consider what I am waiting for now. The spinal chord stimulator. My injury was job related so I will not have to pay for this expensive device. They are to put a temporary on for 5 days to see if it works. If so, the permanent will be implanted below the skin on either side of your back. You get a wireless device to control it. Jerry Lewis says it saved his life. I may have to wait until I am one year post op. You may too if the regulations are similiar there? If yours is comp? Its the best thing that is out there and is better than a tens unit. I stopped using those. I have two of them. You put electodes on the place that hurts, and the wire connects to the device. You turn it up as high as you can stand it. Two AA batteries.

For me, everything will depend on how successful my surgery is . Even though there are never any guarantees, my surgeon is confident that my existing problem will be a thing of the past. However, I'll most likely gain some new ones as part of the bargain. Until we actually know what those are and how limiting they may be, it's almost impossible for me to anticipate what kind of med treatment I'll receive. One thing I do know however is that they will make me work my arse off before any type of permanent med is prescribed and that's the route I prefer to take. I suppose time will tell. Thanks for the heads up though

ally, I really hope everything turns out as you wish it, or as near as damn it .Keep your chin up and best wishes from Joe.

Thank you Joe. I'm keeping a positive attitude albeit a little frustrated. Outside of waiting, it's all good :)

Thanks Ally and Rick...you've convinced me never to hurt my back. EVER.

Good luck to you guys. Yes, 2013 has to be better.

This getting older crap is frustrating at times Strider. It's kind of like being able to grab a beer but not being able to open it :lol:

:o Isn't methadone an Opiate?? It may work but you will still get withdrawl symptoms

Not really. Not like coming down from other opioids. It is used to get heroine addicts clean. There is another drug too. But meth makes will prevent you from withdrawals. Its easier than trying to wean or go cold turkey. Chrystal meth is different. That is real speed. Not the same as prescibred methodone.