What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

The same thing that always makes me unhappy on this forum ...friends getting nasty with friends and the friendships that are lost over it. Think it's time I took a break.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holdiday's, Seasons greetings everyone. See ya in 2013

The same thing that always makes me unhappy on this forum ...friends getting nasty with friends and the friendships that are lost over it. Think it's time I took a break.

oh ally .... sorry to see you go over this. you were one of the few with the voice of reason!

hope you have a lovely holiday :)

ally, It churns my stomach to read this from you.

My impression of you is a calming and rational influence when the rest of us are going off the rails.

If you must, that's cool. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.... and get back pronto!

Melanie passing up coffee!?! Maybe the Mayans were right and we really are at the end of the world.

Laugh it up Fuzzball.

I never said I am passing up coffee, I am drinking it at home on Christmas morning while spending time with family instead of some silly Starbucks. Now me giving up coffee, THAT would be the end of the world.

i'm glad you're feeling better :) don't go into the shooters war thread, you will be very depressed - wow, so much hatred in there. :(:(:(:(

First, allow me to say to Ally, Knebby and others who seemed to have had enough and decided to leave: Merry Christmas to you and I hope you'll come back.

You might have noticed that I have only posted in that shooting thread a grand total of ONE time...and that was on the first day, on page 4.

You might find this hard to believe, but I don't post just to hear myself talk...especially on something I know nothing about. Maybe it's the inner-journalist in me, but when incidents like Sandy Hook happen, my instinct is to just watch, observe and listen. If you're too busy talking instead of listening, you're going to miss the story.

Plus, the first hours and days of a tragedy are always going to be filled with rumours and misinformation. After I woke up Friday and first found out about the shooting, I posted my brief message and left it at that. After watching an hour or so of the news, I realized that all the facts wouldn't be known for some time, and so I turned it off and went about my day.

I vowed not to return to the thread until after the weekend. There was nothing to say that wasn't said at the Columbine, Virginia Tech, Dark Knight Rises, and other shootings. I could pretty much predict all the gun arguments pro-and-con that would happen, all the misinformation posted, so it would be a waste of time and psychic well-being to dwell on it over the weekend.

On Monday, I checked out the thread(it had grown from 4 pages when I posted to around 15 or so)...and my suspicions were confirmed. Although, to my surprise, some people I usually disagree politically with actually posted much that I agree with. TypeO and SAJ, for instance.

But after reading only 5 or so pages, my brain started to hurt and the thread started to become the RH echo chamber. It's like he has 10 posts to everyone else's one...and it seems to be the same argument over and over. No matter what Knebby, Old Shep, SAJ, Melanie, Sagittarius Rising, Ally, fdm posted in rebuttal, RH would either ignore it or call people idiots or crazy.

A rule of thumb in debates is the first person to resort to name-calling is the loser.

So, after reading a few pages of that, I washed my hands of it. Knebby and everyone else are smart enough to argue their viewpoints for themselves, so I'm not adding my voice to the fray. I see it is now up to 30 pages...page 16 is where I left off...I'm not reading 14 pages of that.

As another saying goes...better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

Edited by Strider

But after reading only 5 or so pages, my brain started to hurt and the thread started to become the RH echo chamber. It's like he has 10 posts to everyone else's one...and it seems to be the same argument over and over. No matter what Knebby, Old Shep, SAJ, Melanie, Sagittarius Rising, Ally, fdm posted in rebuttal, RH would either ignore it or call people idiots or crazy.

Thankfully he appears to have STFU now, after we put him in his place.

A rule of thumb in debates is the first person to resort to name-calling is the loser.

So, after reading a few pages of that, I washed my hands of it. Knebby and everyone else are smart enough to argue their viewpoints for themselves, so I'm not adding my voice to the fray. I see it is now up to 30 pages...page 16 is where I left off...I'm not reading 14 pages of that.

As another saying goes...better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

Strider, I will admit I did continue on longer than I would have liked, believe me-and I realize that now, but it's not gonna stop me from having my opinion and sticking to it, no matter how many disagree, and expressing it if I am questioned on it. Hell, in a matter of 30 minutes I was debating this with 5 different people, so what do you expect me to do...lay down? If someone ask me a question or wants to have a discussion, I'm down for it, and up until the last few post it was civil.

As far as calling someone crazy, it sounded just as that..CRAZY. If you have two people (Knebby and Slave) read your post WRONG entirely and accuse you of not being sensitive/open to "outsiders" views-I WILL respond to that, because I clearly stated that I appreciated the outlook and comments from people across the globe. They failed to read above and witness that. I think Reggie for instance made some good points, and I complimented him on that. I don't give a rats ass where someone lives..an opinion is an opinion.

If you would like to act so high and mighty Strider and pretend like you've never called anyone "crazy" or any other word...guess what buddy, you better wake up - because the phrase I used in that heated moment was..."Go sell crazy somewhere else"!! Hmmmm, sound familiar??? It should, because YOU have made that phrase famous here-and it's the ONLY place I've heard it used. I thought it went perfectly in that situation, and I thought of you-So thanks for adding to the vocabulary.

Secondly, if someone wants to continuously make as statement about the MAJORITY of cops being BAD, blah, blah, blah and make it as a fact-I will say that is ignorant. because it's not true, and if it was, how can you prove that anyway?

Disagreements get out of control here and I don't think you are free of that either. You just chose to opt out of that particular thread.

So before you JUDGE someone, look in the mirror.

rock historian, i did say to you that i wasn't actually referring to you when i said someone posted about outsiders. :)

but yeah, i didn't like being thought of as crazy :(

I know you agreed with a post quoted by Knebby, which suggested you read into my post the same way she did..I don't think YOU or Knebby are crazy Slave. But, I don't think it's fair to misjudge someone's post either. The worst thing about it was, I asked Kneb for an apology and she refused. All I got were more insults (assuming is was against "outsiders opinions) until she realized she read it wrong. I didn't appreciate that. Yes, I thought that sounded "crazy"

Water under the bridge. :)

wooden_toy_shape_sorter_block_box.jpg

I think you'll have a harder time figuring out what alias you gonna go by or say your REAL name is this time around, than any game could challenge me.

That must suck having to LIE about who you are, every time you bust back in, huh Nick?

The names change, but the "personality remains the same"

What happened, ran out of cool DeNiro pics for an avatar?

Uh, yes sir, boss..I'm comin' boss. You the boss, Boss

Led Tiki, give it up bro

Excuse me, boy, but I wasn't talking to you. What's the matter, your daddy didn't pay enough attention to you? Everyone's heard what you've had to say. It's obvious, everyone is tired of your mouth! Led Tiki? What the FUCK are you talking about, boy?

This is total bullshit! Since the moment I started posting on this forum I've been accused of being this person or being that person. I've said it several times, I'M NEW HERE! And I am appalled that this sort of "troll slaying" behavior is tolerated on this site, because it sure as hell isn't elsewhere. For christ's sake, the guy is so overwelmingly intolerate that he drove two people off the forum... :redcard:

And Rock Historian, I told you how many times now, I'm done with you. And I'm reporting your ass once again.

THIS MAKES ME UNHAPPY TODAY.

Excuse me, boy, but I wasn't talking to you. What's the matter, your daddy didn't pay enough attention to you? Everyone's heard what you've had to say. It's obvious, everyone is tired of your mouth! Led Tiki? What the FUCK are you talking about, boy?

This is total bullshit! Since the moment I started posting on this forum I've been accused of being this person or being that person. I've said it several times, I'M NEW HERE! And I am appalled that this sort of "troll slaying" behavior is tolerated on this site, because it sure as hell isn't elsewhere. For christ's sake, the guy is so overwelmingly intolerate that he drove two people off the forum... :redcard:

And Rock Historian, I told you how many times now, I'm done with you. And I'm reporting your ass once again.

THIS MAKES ME UNHAPPY TODAY.

:bait:

You come off so defensive son. If it wasn't meant for me, why couldn't you just say that just now and be done..Id understand. Why post all this other stuff?

So WHO exactly were you referring to if NOT me?

ally, I respect you more than most here and like STZ and jabe stated, you have always been kind so this saddens me, but I totally understand. I'll send you a private email tonight.

I know there are more important things in this world to be worrying about and people are greiving but I am so fucking dissappointed with Swiss Colony. I just cancelled my order that I placed on Dec 1, plenty of time for shipment for Christmas presents. I checked twice on line and nothing was shown being shipped so I finally emaiedl them monday. I finally got a response today informing me that they mailed out a snail mail letter to verify my income for the credit account with them. Now I checked the catalog they sent me. It shows that I am pre approved and nothing about pending a credit check. The account was approved for 400. and I spent 160. We checked my po box on monday and haven't received any letters from them and they didn't have a phone number for me. If I recall that was one of the required fields to fill out when placing the order but the rep showed a number I haven't had for at least 5 years and that the credit department probably pulled it off of the net from some old white pages. Now I could of taken care of the problem with the rep on the phone and then paid extra rush shipping on top of the already approx 35. for s&h. No way. Cancel it and I'll figure out other options.

Thanks for letting me vent. Merry Christmas!!!

I got a lousy gift in last night's Secret Santa.

I don't know how other people usually play this, but this was the 'evil' version where you can steal other people's gifts if you prefer them, although the gift can be re-stolen from you, and the second stealer gets to keep it. The first thing I unwrapped was kind of a breakfast box, with shortbread, 2 pots of jam, 2 types of tea and a tartan mug. Now I could have lived without the tartan for reasons which should be obvious, but on the whole the package appealed to me, so when it was soon stolen I was mortified, especially as there was nothing out already that was worth stealing (one gift was a boxed toilet roll, with an accompanying scatalogical booklet called '50 Shades Of Brown', lol). So the replacement gift I unwrapped turned out to be a Giant Beer Glass, capable of holding 2.5 pints. Whooppee, I don't drink beer.

I will probably give it to the wife to use as a vase, although I very rarely buy her flowers, and maybe it can double up as an impossible-to-overfill bed-side piss-pot, for those cold winter nights when you just can't face the icy walk to the bathroom. But it is top-heavy, so it could easily be toppled. I could also use it in the summer for Pimms, but not if I've been pissing in it all winter lulz.

Oh the gift I provided was a 35cl bottle of Jagermeister, which was the 1st gift to be successfully re-stolen. By a chick. I had wanted to get a small bottle of mezcal con gusano but they didn't have any.

A Major Major disappointment