QUEEN WANTS ADAM LAMBERT AS NEW FRONTMAN!

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope your Memorial Day weekend went well. My went great, it was filled with non-stop partying. I just read on the internet that QUEEN'S Brian May and Roger Taylor have approached the American Idol runner-up ADAM LAMBERT about the possiblity of working with the legendary band and becoming QUEEN'S new frontman. The timing was especially right after PAUL RODGERS ended his 4 year stint with the legendary band. There is also rumors flying that it was the American Idol judge Simon Cowell that set this get together up prior to taping the last week of American Idol. In my opinion, QUEEN has to be interested in LAMBERT since QUEEN flew all the way from England just to perform on American Idol and get a glimpse of ADAM LAMBERT. Performing with QUEEN on stage, LAMBERT demonstrated some of his high vocal ranges which really impressed Brian May. The chemistry between May and Lambert proved to be a very positive one and the talks began briefly after the show ended that night. However, ADAM LAMBERT is obligated to fulfill his part in performing as one of the top 10 finalists when the American Idol Tour hits 50 plus cities. After the tour is over, the members of QUEEN will hold a press conference where ADAM LAMBERT will make his big announcement. Who knows, it may even be sooner. In many ways, I can see why QUEEN, particularly Brian May, would be so interested in LAMBERT. Brian May evidently sees something in LAMBERT that he hasn't seen in a long time since Freddie Mercury. Please don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to FREDDIE MERCURY one bit! FREDDIE MERCURY IS IRREPLACEABLE! However, I truly believe that LAMBERT can hit the very high vocal ranges that became Mercury's trademark. Brian May knows it! Forget about the statements and opinions that LAMBERT will take where FREDDIE MERCURY left off. It will never happen! Instead, I would rather see LAMBERT as QUEEN'S frontman paying the greatest tribute to one of the greatest frontman that Rock n' Roll ever produced. LAMBERT will be trying to emulate Mercury in every possible way which shouldn't be very hard since both of their singing styles sound so similar. Hearing ADAM LAMBERT sing must have brought back memories of FREDDIE MERCURY to QUEEN, especially to Brian May. And now I ask all of you, my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, what are your thoughts and opinions on this subject? I welcome all comments whether they are positive or negative. Please enlighten me. In the mean time, live life to the fullest and ROCK ON!

No they haven't.

How's it going "glicine?" As hard as it sounds to believe, according to numerous internet articles, it did briefly happen. We'll just have to wait and see what the answer will be after the American Idol Tour ends. ROCK ON!

How's it going "glicine?" As hard as it sounds to believe, according to numerous internet articles, it did briefly happen. We'll just have to wait and see what the answer will be after the American Idol Tour ends. ROCK ON!

Brian said that he and Roger would like to have a conversation with Adam. He'd like to work with Adam as Adam has a "good instrument".

So what does this mean? Brian May might work with Adam Lambert = Adam Lambert new frontman of Queen?

Don't you think tha't a bit too much stretched?

Brian said that he and Roger would like to have a conversation with Adam. He'd like to work with Adam as Adam has a "good instrument".

So what does this mean? Brian May might work with Adam Lambert = Adam Lambert new frontman of Queen?

Don't you think tha't a bit too much stretched?

You're right, I read that too! but keep reading other articles on this subject where some of them do state that there was a very brief meeting. However, they could not really talk the way they would have liked to with everything going on backstage. I know this sounds hard to believe, I can't even believe it myself. If there wouldn't have been any communication between QUEEN and LAMBERT, there wouldn't be this talk on the internet about QUEEN wanting to work with LAMBERT thus making LAMBERT QUEEN'S new frontman. Then again, articles do have a tendency to stretch things out a bit too. Only time will tell. ROCK ON!

Queen should have changed their name when they replaced Freddie Mercury with Paul Rodgers. I think it's great that Paul wanted to work with the remaining members of the band. I have always loved Bad Company (in particular as far as Paul goes) and respect Paul Rodgers. I was surprised he agreed to be a replacement for another legendary singer when he was so popular himself. I will never feel it's appropriate for bands that have become famous to replace an integral member (and to me a singer is as integral as it gets) and go on as if they are the same. At least change your name if you want to have someone else cover the songs someone else sang (and probably wrote). I felt the same way when this was done by INXS, Foreigner (as if anyone else is Lou Gramm) and Journey (who i'm not a fan of, but still felt it was the wrong thing to do). I happened to see Journey tour that year with Steve O'Cheri in place of Steve Perry. He may have been a better singer and looked even more like the original, lol... but that's not the point.

I will always put Genesis up on a pedestal for not replacing Peter Gabriel with someone new!!!! At least Phil Collins was already in the band. The sound may have changed, but my respect for what they did is immense. Love them all the same.

So i say if Queen do want to tour again, sign on Adam or whoever, but change your name. Just my opinion B)

From what I have heard from the kid, I think it would be a good fit. Better than P. Rodgers was (no disrespect to him at all). The kid's vocal range and flamboyant personality seems perfect. As far as the name goes, they were with Freddy throughout his last years, recording etc., so I would think they had that discussion with him. Freddy will never be forgotten that's for sure.

Queen should have changed their name when they replaced Freddie Mercury with Paul Rodgers. I think it's great that Paul wanted to work with the remaining members of the band. I have always loved Bad Company (in particular as far as Paul goes) and respect Paul Rodgers. I was surprised he agreed to be a replacement for another legendary singer when he was so popular himself. I will never feel it's appropriate for bands that have become famous to replace an integral member (and to me a singer is as integral as it gets) and go on as if they are the same. At least change your name if you want to have someone else cover the songs someone else sang (and probably wrote). I felt the same way when this was done by INXS, Foreigner (as if anyone else is Lou Gramm) and Journey (who i'm not a fan of, but still felt it was the wrong thing to do). I happened to see Journey tour that year with Steve O'Cheri in place of Steve Perry. He may have been a better singer and looked even more like the original, lol... but that's not the point.

I will always put Genesis up on a pedestal for not replacing Peter Gabriel with someone new!!!! At least Phil Collins was already in the band. The sound may have changed, but my respect for what they did is immense. Love them all the same.

So i say if Queen do want to tour again, sign on Adam or whoever, but change your name. Just my opinion B)

I never thought that Paul replaced Freddie. He was not in Queen, he was working with Queen(two remained members). That's why the collarboration called Queen+Paul Rodgers.

And I don't think Brian and Roger will rush into anything, they're smart enough.

I never thought that Paul replaced Freddie. He was not in Queen, he was working with Queen(two remained members). That's why the collarboration called Queen+Paul Rodgers.

And I don't think Brian and Roger will rush into anything, they're smart enough.

I understand Paul sang his songs as well as Freddie's songs. It just seemed to me that they should have made an album together with original material and gave themselves a name (like Jimmy and Paul did with "The Firm"). They could have nicely incorporated many of the songs they performed in their previous incarnations along with original material. I think it's perspective and i stated mine. I know many people were thrilled to see Paul and Queen together and i'm not trying to take that away from anyone. Let me add, i highly respect the charity work Brian and Roger do for Aids awareness.

I understand Paul sang his songs as well as Freddie's songs. It just seemed to me that they should have made an album together with original material and gave themselves a name (like Jimmy and Paul did with "The Firm"). They could have nicely incorporated many of the songs they performed in their previous incarnations along with original material. I think it's perspective and i stated mine. I know many people were thrilled to see Paul and Queen together and i'm not trying to take that away from anyone. Let me add, i highly respect the charity work Brian and Roger do for Aids awareness.

I agree with you that it would have been better if they picked a new name.

I'm not really "thrilled" to see Paul and Queen together, but I'm really happy for them that they did make an album with new stuff, personally I like it and am glad to see them remain active and creative.

If Brian(and Roger) will ever decide to work with Adam Lambert on something, I don't think they will takem him into "Queen".

I agree about the Queen thing, Rodgers was never meant to be a "replacement" for Freddie Mercury, that's why they were billed as Queen + Paul Rodgers. As far as Journey is concerned Steve Perry wasn't their original lead vocalist, it was Gregg Rolie. While I agree to a certain extent about lineup changes, it's also just something that comes with the territory in music. There are very few bands out there that still have their original lineups, just off the top of my head I can think of ZZ Top and Aerosmith though I'm sure there are more. Not even Rush has had the same lineup for all these years as their first album was recorded with drummer John Rutsey and not Neil Peart. I think when members leave or someone goes solo they find out in the end that it's better to stick with the band name because that's what's most recognizable to the general public. Then there are some cases where bands don't include any original members. For a time, Molly Hatchet toured without a single original member in the band.

It's funny this thread came up, I didn't watch idol much but I did happen to catch this final perfomance show and was quite pleased to see all of great guest stars.

Being a big fan of Queen I was thinking this same thing when I heard Adam sing with them, I got the same vibe that Brian looked like he was quite impressed with Adam's performance.

I'd buy a ticket :)

How are you doing "~tangerine~?" Well said! I couldn't have said it better myself. FREDDIE MERCURY IS IRREPLACEABLE! Lets just see what happens when the drama unfolds after the American Idol Tour. ROCK ON!

From what I have heard from the kid, I think it would be a good fit. Better than P. Rodgers was (no disrespect to him at all). The kid's vocal range and flamboyant personality seems perfect. As far as the name goes, they were with Freddy throughout his last years, recording etc., so I would think they had that discussion with him. Freddy will never be forgotten that's for sure.

How's it going "Walter?" In my opinion, at this point, ADAM LAMBERT is the closest thing to FREDDIE MERCURY as you're ever going to get. LAMBERT will NEVER be another FREDDIE MERCURY, but he's the only one that has ever come close. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Walter?" In my opinion, at this point, ADAM LAMBERT is the closest thing to FREDDIE MERCURY as you're ever going to get. LAMBERT will NEVER be another FREDDIE MERCURY, but he's the only one that has ever come close. ROCK ON!

I remembered you said the same about Adam Lambert being the closest thing to Robert Plant? :rolleyes:

How's it going "glicine?" I mean no disrespect to Paul Rodgers in any way. I have been a big fan of his which goes back to the band's FREE and BAD COMPANY. In my opinion, Paul Rodgers was not the right frontman for the QUEEN band. Rodgers was certainly no FREDDIE MERCURY nor did he ever try to be. Rodgers could not even hit the high vocal ranges on some of the many FREDDIE MERCURY songs. Rodgers is great in his own way in the bands that were perfectly suited for him and his vocal ranges. FREE and BAD COMPANY were perfect for him. QUEEN was not the right kind of band for Rodgers nor was the music since his vocal ranges were not in tune with QUEEN'S. Its just my opinion. ROCK ON!

How's it going "glicine?" I mean no disrespect to Paul Rodgers in any way. I have been a big fan of his which goes back to the band's FREE and BAD COMPANY. In my opinion, Paul Rodgers was not the right frontman for the QUEEN band. Rodgers was certainly no FREDDIE MERCURY nor did he ever try to be. Rodgers could not even hit the high vocal ranges on some of the many FREDDIE MERCURY songs. Rodgers is great in his own way in the bands that were perfectly suited for him and his vocal ranges. FREE and BAD COMPANY were perfect for him. QUEEN was not the right kind of band for Rodgers nor was the music since his vocal ranges were not in tune with QUEEN'S. Its just my opinion. ROCK ON!

Well, if you've read my post above, I've said I'm not really that "thrilled" by Paul's performance of Queen songs. And you said it, Paul Rodgers is not Mercury nor did he ever try to be. He is NOT the frontman of Queen.

Then if you are talking about who Brian May and Roger Taylor want to collarborate with, then it's up to them. They seemed to think they could make good music with Paul, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And I don't think Brian and Roger want a Freddie clone. Queen's songs are not only about theatric gestures and high notes. The same goes with Led Zeppelin. There are many many singers out there who has a nice voice, but none of them is Plant or Mercury, wonder why?

I never denied Adam Lambert has "the pipes", but all he has done til now is singing cover songs on a talent show, he still has a long way in front of himself. All the hushrush around him, IMO, won't do him a lot of good.

I remembered you said the same about Adam Lambert being the closest thing to Robert Plant? :rolleyes:

How's it going "glicine?" As far as high vocal ranges go, yes! LAMBERT is the closest thing to ROBERT PLANT in that aspect. I have not heard a singer with high vocal ranges like LAMBERT'S in years. Possibly since FREDDIE MERCURY. Either way you look at it, all of us are going to be seeing and hearing a lot from ADAM LAMBERT in the many years to come. ROCK ON!

How's it going "glicine?" As far as high vocal ranges go, yes! LAMBERT is the closest thing to ROBERT PLANT in that aspect. I have not heard a singer with high vocal ranges like LAMBERT'S in years. Possibly since FREDDIE MERCURY. Either way you look at it, all of us are going to be seeing and hearing a lot from ADAM LAMBERT in the many years to come. ROCK ON!

I guess you never heard of Vitas.

And I wish him good luck.

Well, if you've read my post above, I've said I'm not really that "thrilled" by Paul's performance of Queen songs. And you said it, Paul Rodgers is not Mercury nor did he ever try to be. He is NOT the frontman of Queen.

Then if you are talking about who Brian May and Roger Taylor want to collarborate with, then it's up to them. They seemed to think they could make good music with Paul, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And I don't think Brian and Roger want a Freddie clone. Queen's songs are not only about theatric gestures and high notes. The same goes with Led Zeppelin. There are many many singers out there who has a nice voice, but none of them is Plant or Mercury, wonder why?

I never denied Adam Lambert has "the pipes", but all he has done til now is singing cover songs on a talent show, he still has a long way in front of himself. All the hushrush around him, IMO, won't do him a lot of good.

How's it going "glicine?" You have made some great points and I respect your opinions on all of the subjects discussed. You definitely know your music. I am in agreement with all of your views. I also agree with you that Brian and Roger do not want a FREDDIE clone. When you truly think about it, there has never been a singer out there anywhere that Brian and Roger can use as a FREDDIE clone even if they wanted to until LAMBERT came along. I think that Brian's intentions for LAMBERT is to bring back some of MERCURY'S magic which is the extremely high vocal ranges. As I said, in my opinion, LAMBERT is the ONLY vocalist right now that is capable of coming close to performing MERCURY'S songs to their greatest potential. Brian May saw it in LAMBERT that night while performing on stage together. ROCK ON!

I guess you never heard of Vitas.

And I wish him good luck.

How's it going "glicine?" As a matter of fact, I have heard of Vitas. Like I said, you do know your music. The high vocal ranges are incredible. Vitas' high vocal ranges are perfect with the well suited music style. Now that you brought up Vitas, I'm going to have to listen to the CD's I own in order to get a real good perspective on both vocal and music styles of both Vitas and Queen. I haven't listened to Vitas in a while but now I will since you brought Vitas up. Thanks for your comments. ROCK ON!

It's funny this thread came up, I didn't watch idol much but I did happen to catch this final perfomance show and was quite pleased to see all of great guest stars.

Being a big fan of Queen I was thinking this same thing when I heard Adam sing with them, I got the same vibe that Brian looked like he was quite impressed with Adam's performance.

I'd buy a ticket :)

How's it going "Dzldoc" A.K.A. Charles? Long time no hear. I'm glad to see you getting back into the swing of things. You and I were only two, of perhaps, millions of people who noticed the same thing that Brian May did when Adam sang and performed live on stage with QUEEN. In my opinion, it wasn't so much the high vocal ranges that Adam was belting out, but rather it was the QUEEN music setting style that Adam blended perfectly with. Adam is the closest thing to perfect for QUEEN'S songs. If it does happen, we will all see and witness the results in the near future. ROCK ON!

This could be interesting. Adam certainly has the chops although I think he would do just fine on his own.

Why hello "Melanie_72?" I hope all is well with you and your family. You're right, Adam is certainly capable of being successful of making it out on his own. However, Brian May and QUEEN have before them a VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY. QUEEN finally has a rare chance and opportunity of getting a singer that can finally sing and hit the high and complicated vocal ranges of all of QUEEN'S/FREDDIE MERCURY'S songs. All we can do is wait and see what unfolds in the near future. ROCK ON!

Why hello "Melanie_72?" I hope all is well with you and your family. You're right, Adam is certainly capable of being successful of making it out on his own. However, Brian May and QUEEN have before them a VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY. QUEEN finally has a rare chance and opportunity of getting a singer that can finally sing and hit the high and complicated vocal ranges of all of QUEEN'S/FREDDIE MERCURY'S songs. All we can do is wait and see what unfolds in the near future. ROCK ON!

Hey ZeppFanForever, hope all is well with you also! It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with this. Either way, I think Adam will have a successful career. He has certainly got everyone's attention and wondering what he will do next. Although he didn't win American Idol, it certainly has given him plenty of exposure.

Archived