Zep photo

• 2 weeks later...

You just KNEW Steve A. Jones would track that photo down, didn't you!

Mind you, it still doesn't solve the mystery of WHERE the photo was taken.

Count me as another one who thinks it is NOT Seattle...and not just because Plant's

blouse doesn't match. But, also, if you look at the photo you will discern a noticable

lack of video cameras, either on stage or in front, which were all too prevalent at the

Seattle show, as the images were being shown on the jumbotron screen.

And to the poster who thinks Jimmy wore red shoes...NO, NADA, he always wore his

usual black and white loafers. It's the color tinting of the photo that makes you think

the shoes are red.

You just KNEW Steve A. Jones would track that photo down, didn't you!

Mind you, it still doesn't solve the mystery of WHERE the photo was taken.

Count me as another one who thinks it is NOT Seattle...and not just because Plant's

blouse doesn't match. But, also, if you look at the photo you will discern a noticable

lack of video cameras, either on stage or in front, which were all too prevalent at the

Seattle show, as the images were being shown on the jumbotron screen.

And to the poster who thinks Jimmy wore red shoes...NO, NADA, he always wore his

usual black and white loafers. It's the color tinting of the photo that makes you think

the shoes are red.

...I follow you, location...NOT seattle, as thought before...I am going to narrow it to MSG foremose and possibly L.A. Forum.. .later........

..perhaps the named photographer can be matched with other photographs -various sources...

Well, no way it is from "Guitar Solo" because Page would do that song on his Les Paul, and there wouldn't be the whole band accompanying him.

Then, we know it's from the opening number because the movement of Page coming to his knees with the double-neck (usual Page movement that year) and playing on the 12 string, we know it's from The Song Remains The Same.

Now as for the date, their outfits rarely changed in 1977, but we do have a hint, it's Plant, I don't know if he wore that blouse after it got "Burned" on May 30th, but the real indicator here are his pants which he wore rarely, they seem to be completely white, and he did use a pair of white pants on some gigs from that tour.

Here are some:

June 10th (it seems):

2007.jpg

June 11th (Definitively the same pants)

2011.jpg

2164.jpg

But looking now at the June 11th photo the blouse does seem to match.

Courtesy Royal Orleans.Com

speculating, to be same date...(No Scarf/Page, seated Performance)

80bce48b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Venue: Capitol Center, Landover, Maryland, USA

Date Not Confirmed: May 26th or 28th, 1977

2007.jpg

2007.jpg

....Update as Per Royal Orleans.Com

Okay Zep fans - I hope that I can clear up the confusion about the date and location of this picture once and for all. I posted this picture here at RO years ago, and this picture was taken by my sister with me present. I was sixteen and this was my first concert - a birthday present from my sister! This is indeed Madison Square Garden and though I no longer have the ticket stub to prove it, to the best of my memory this is Saturday June 11th 1977.

http://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13691&start=5200

We're looking to track down this 1977 photograph. Anyone know who the photographer/owner of this pic is?

Hey-Up,

I dont know who took this picture, but its from the LA Forum, & if you go to

zeppelinart.com

You'll find all the Pictures/Photo's like this you want, & maybe you can track the Original photographer.

All the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi everyone, let me clear the mystery once and for all. I am George De Sota and I took these photos in N.Y. at Madison Square Garden. Jumping over the railing on 3 of the 6 nights Zeppelin played I took these photographs, I was 17 years old. Ive included these photos for your enjoyment but as a professional photographer i must watermark them with my copyright.Sorry guys. I did submit to Metal Muscle magazine back in the 90's and I was the staff photographer at Circus magazine for 2 decades. Feel freee to ask questions it might take some time before I answer, all the best, george

post-25021-0-80067800-1363500556_thumb.j

post-25021-0-88513600-1363500570_thumb.j

post-25021-0-70747800-1363500583_thumb.j

Hi everyone, let me clear the mystery once and for all. I am George De Sota and I took these photos in N.Y. at Madison Square Garden. Jumping over the railing on 3 of the 6 nights Zeppelin played I took these photographs, I was 17 years old. Ive included these photos for your enjoyment but as a professional photographer i must watermark them with my copyright.Sorry guys. I did submit to Metal Muscle magazine back in the 90's and I was the staff photographer at Circus magazine for 2 decades. Feel free to ask questions it might take some time before I answer, all the best, george

George De Sota in the house!

Thanks for the confirmation this was taken at one of three shows you attended during their six show stint at Madison Square Garden in June 1977. In a previous post of mine it was suggested it may have been the June 10th concert to be precise. Regardless, it certainly is a great shot.

I do have a few questions for your consideration...

Did you happen to keep a journal of all the artists and concerts you photographed through the years?

Were you strictly a concert photographer or did you also receive assignments for off-stage shoots?

Any particular encounters with Page, Plant, Bonham or Jones through the years that you can share?

Have there been any public exhibitions of your work? Any photo books published? Plans to do so?

Are your photographs available for purchase by the public?

Thank you George, and welcome foremost; Great that you can perhaps share some unique details, memories of '77... the concert box office truly was under the spell of Mysterious Page and His "Led Zeppelin";

I posted this earlier in this discussion, are you familiar with any of these photographers? Thanks you again...

Nothing definite for sure...but from my Rock Nov. '77 Edition here is the list of photographers for ZEP .........

Richard Creamer, Michael Putland, Jeffrey Mayer -

Zep in Georgia photos by Marti C. Griffin (Jimmy - w/Scarf, Robert different Shirt)
Zep in Ohio photos by Matt Susskind
Zep in New York photos by stuart Liben
Jeffrey Mayer - Jimmy - Page 39

Jimmy Page Cover Shot - (None listed)

**George, any word on Zeppelin in Minnieapolis'75 or Tempe, Arizona '77...Did you ever think of travelling to these cities to photograph Zep? tks.

Hi, I did not know the photographers, but did hear of them. When I photographed Zeppelin in 1977, I was in high school. I got tickets for all 6 nights at the Garden in New York which I am based in. The magic to the early shows i went to as a teenager are gone . But I will always remember the magical shows Zeppelin put on those 6 nights. I remember the second night was almost cancelled because some idiot threw a firecraker near Page's hand. I remember page going backstage and Plant coming to the mic. and saying "It seems we have a comedian in the audience". Page came out after a few minutes , took a little break and the performance went on. All 6 nights I remember Page's guitar being very loud, but what else would you expect from Jimmy?

I found 4 0ut of 6 original tickets of the shows I went to. The other 2 are somewhere in this house. I've included a photo of Page from the Garden shows that appeared in Metal Muscle mag Vol.6, #6, 1991 , my name is on the bottom right and a photo of the 30th anniversary of Atlantic records concert in which Page, Plant and John Paul Jones performed also at the garden( page 80) also printed in the same magazine, enjoy. george Oh I forgot ,thats Pages pick that i picked up in the photo pit. The tape on the pick is aged with my handwriting of "Jimmy Page" on it

post-25021-0-10208900-1363571566_thumb.j

post-25021-0-25576200-1363571593_thumb.j

post-25021-0-56237500-1363571660_thumb.j

Hi, I did not know the photographers, but did hear of them. When I photographed Zeppelin in 1977, I was in high school. I got tickets for all 6 nights at the Garden in New York which I am based in. The magic to the early shows i went to as a teenager are gone . But I will always remember the magical shows Zeppelin put on those 6 nights. I remember the second night was almost cancelled because some idiot threw a firecraker near Page's hand. I remember page going backstage and Plant coming to the mic. and saying "It seems we have a comedian in the audience". Page came out after a few minutes , took a little break and the performance went on. All 6 nights I remember Page's guitar being very loud, but what else would you expect from Jimmy?

Hi George. Love your photos! Thank you for sharing them.

Do you have any of Page during his guitar solo with the laser pyramid? or using the theramin?

Archived