Your Favourite Song Live

I've said this before on other threads, but "No Quarter" does it for me. I would cry if I saw them perform it live. I also really love "Battle Of Evermore" and "In My Time Of Dying" live. I actually prefer the live versions of IMTOD and NQ to the studio versions.

So many that qualify ! I'll pick a few that I've experience live myself that might not be on everyone's radar

WIAWSNB .... This was dropped from their set list way too soon

Immigrant Song... Like Ledded 1 said a while back...like a herd of elephants coming at ya

IMTOD... Bonzo, Bonzo and more Bonzo

Communication Breakdown... Can't think of a better encore

SIBLY... 70-71 Jimmy's heart and soul all over this one

Celebration Day... Just listen to Toronto 71...nuff said

Kashmir, HMMT, No Quarter, Dazed, WLL , Heartbreaker would be on that list too but they'll be on everyones list

I love the power of immigrant song (especially HTWWW) but i was recently listening to communication breakdown on the psyco ago go! bootleg. The quality is quite bad but the performance is awsome. It has a slightly different opening which is cool :D

I have to say though, i do think whole lotta love at earls court 75' is awsome, especcialy the first 10 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKug6zhHCTY

That version kicked ass.

As Long as I Have You for sure! What a primal, raw journey! Brutal and subtle. The mold for so much that followed. It's all in there. "Sweet is the love that I have for you". Yeah. :D

Yes! As Long as I Have You was definitley one of the signs of greatness to come for Led Zeppelin!

My favorite song live is between my favorite studio song 'Trampled Underfoot', 'Stairway to Heaven'

and 'No Quarter'

I like watching the latter on 'The Song Remains the Same' DVD, and the other two on the

'Led Zeppelin DVD'

Trampled Underfoot was flat out wicked in March of 75. I don't think they ever played it as good after that point.

Once I heard the 3-19, Vancouver version of Trampled, it was hard to listen to the studio cut again.

Achilles Last Stand

In The Evening

Dazed and Confused

What is and What Should Never Be

Kashmir

I'm surprised you picked In The Evening. That's one song that sounds rather thin and weedy in comparison to the studio cut. But it's a great song nonetheless. ;)

I'm surprised you picked In The Evening. That's one song that sounds rather thin and weedy in comparison to the studio cut. But it's a great song nonetheless. ;)

Personally I prefer the faster pace of the live versions and the drum fills at the end. :)

I always thought the live version(Knebworth of course) was very good. Guitar and drums mostly I suppose that song does have a lot of production that might have been hard to match live, but I felt it had more energy. I'll have to re-compare though I suppose.

with -led zeppelin the physical movement of the music was always balanced up with the spiritual movement, or aspects of the music, so its hard to pick a favorite. as an example, i guess i would have to choose -the song remains the same, being that that was an early example of where they were going as a band.

I have many favorite songs live. Led Zeppelin is amazing live.

"Whole Lotta Love" - I just love this song live.

"Dazed And Confused"

"Communication Breakdown" - I like especially performance from Royal Albert Hall, with the solo before the outro.

"Heartbreaker" - Always amazing.

"Since I've Been Loving You" - Amazing.

"Immigrant Song"

"Black Dog"

"Stairway To Heaven" - Excellent.

"Rock And Roll"

"No Quarter"

"Kashmir"

Edited by Black_Dog_90

• 2 weeks later...
wow a hard quston but im guna have to go with Dazed and Confused, page looks almost possessed when he uses the bow

I second that

And another one for me would be Whole Lotta Love, I love all the parts where Jimmy is playing with theremin, and sings along with Robert!!! ;)