Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zep41

People are actually gonna walk away from this show..

Recommended Posts

.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100%. I wish they were not using the name so freely. Their right, I guess. Just my personal feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

You're right. Only you can handle the concept. We're all sitting here thinking we're gonna see Zeppelin as they used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you will be seeing an updated version of LZ. Even if the great Bonzo was still with us things wouldn't be exactly the same - that would be boring don't you think? I think the music will have a bit of a different sound. Something like what Plant & Page did on No Quarter & what Plant did on the MR tour. Anybody else have an opinion about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

For those of us under a certain age this is as close as we can ever get and I'll take it. With a little luck a few tickets will turn up here and the owners won't be scalpers, as has been my experience so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember John Henry Bonham play the drums back in the seventies, in a concert in my then local town, he was pure magic, and that lives with me always, I have a friend who actually jammed with John in Machynlleth, during the seventies, he said he did things that were truely amazing, and yes I guess a lot of fans are going to the 02 a little blinded that Plant will pop on to the stage with his tight jeans, his wild hair, and his flower hippy shirt, and that very loud high pitched voice, or jimmy wearing the dragon suit, but sadly that was in the past, now a little more refined but they are still Led Zeppelin, who I love 100% and will till the day I die.

John taught Jason, and I am sure Jason will do him proud,and it will also be a very emotional evening for Jason as he takes to those drums, thinking about his dad, and what he would of made of it, I am sure John would of been so proud of him.

Led Zeppelin mean the world to me and they always will, I cannot say what the music means to me so many memories of growing up in the seventies,beautiful music, and beautiful times.

Edited by desirezep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they call it 'Page, Plant & Jones' that's what it is.

If they call it 'Led Zeppelin' that's what it is.

They are calling it Led Zeppelin. Those coming out of the O2 on Monday night will be fully paid up members of the ellusive 'I've seen Led Zeppelin' club. You may not like that fact, but that's what it is; a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are seeing LZ as they are now for this on off gig, like with any band you cannot bring the past back now !!! And what the hell has age got to do with it !! They are Musicians and that can be from a 5yr old to 75 !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it really matters, I couldn't care less at this point, I'm so excited for this that the last thing i care about is wether they are called Led Zeppelin or not! (And i'm not going so I'm not biased)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you will be seeing an updated version of LZ. Even if the great Bonzo was still with us things wouldn't be exactly the same - that would be boring don't you think? I think the music will have a bit of a different sound. Something like what Plant & Page did on No Quarter & what Plant did on the MR tour. Anybody else have an opinion about this?

My take on this is that with Bonzo, every album was different. I feel the NO Quarter CD was craftsmanship rather than artistry. Mainly the craftsmanship of whoever organized the strings, not Page or Plant. I can see an updated version of their singing, bass, keyboards and guitar playing. But for me, there's no Zeppelin in this. Zeppelin ended in 1980. Their drummer died, it was John Bonham who was so amazing. I'm curious re. the O2 show though. They are doing this as a tribute, so I guess they have to call it Zeppelin, but what disrespect to Bonham to call it Zeppelin without him. I think it should be the 3 of them playing their songs from Zep, or a shorter title with the same message. All band members are going against their own statements re. the existence of Zep without Bonzo. I get it to a degree, as its a tribute. But if it carries on past this with that name, yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

Killjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aw, come on! Look at the Who, or as i call them, WHO'S LEFT....they still sound great and yes, they're still THE WHO....despite Zak Starkey on drums....the best you can get is the SON of your deceased drummer! Crikey....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

Who cares what you think? <_< They are being billed as Led Zeppelin and that's exactly what people are going to see. Plant, Page, Jones, Bonham. Without the luxury of a time machine this is the best we're gonna get.

I'll bet the majority of those attending never had the chance to see them play together before, and aren't going to be disappointed. Since this is the closest thing we have to the original lineup, quit pissing in everyones cereal and let them enjoy it.

Jesus... This show has spawned some of the stupidest threads I've ever seen, ranging from redundant to retarded. This one being the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I remember John Henry Bonham play the drums back in the seventies, in a concert in my then local town, he was pure magic, and that lives with me always, I have a friend who actually jammed with John in Machynlleth, during the seventies, he said he did things that were truely amazing, and yes I guess a lot of fans are going to the 02 a little blinded that Plant will pop on to the stage with his tight jeans, his wild hair, and his flower hippy shirt, and that very loud high pitched voice, or jimmy wearing the dragon suit, but sadly that was in the past, now a little more refined but they are still Led Zeppelin, who I love 100% and will till the day I die.

John taught Jason, and I am sure Jason will do him proud,and it will also be a very emotional evening for Jason as he takes to those drums, thinking about his dad, and what he would of made of it, I am sure John would of been so proud of him.

Led Zeppelin mean the world to me and they always will, I cannot say what the music means to me so many memories of growing up in the seventies,beautiful music, and beautiful times.

Nice written!

Almost gets a tear in my eye! :(

Since I'm from the generation that had no chance in hell to see them back in the days this will be the closest thing to the real deal.

And I'm gonna enjoy every second of it.

Walked a little stroll today with the ear phones plugged in.

The weather was pretty bad, a lot of wind and rain.

Stairway to heaven began to sound...

"Damn this is good.." i sayed to myself. I never get tired of this song.

Suddenly! When the song starts to move up towards the solo part, I feel how my heart begins to beat faster and faster

During the whole solo part I feel how It's getting harder to breath and when Plant bursts out into "And as we wind on down the road" with his incredible voice I feel how the tears begin to slightly make their way down my eyes.

The feeling is to hard to describe and so personal but I'm sure all of you fans out there have felt it. It makes you think you can achieve anything and that NOTHING in the world can stop you!

MY GOD what kind of impact that song has!

Such energy!

I hope I'm not the only one who will have tears in my eyes if they play this rock classic on Monday :unsure:

Hope to se you all on Monday!

Love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who cares what you think? <_< They are being billed as Led Zeppelin and that's exactly what people are going to see. Plant, Page, Jones, Bonham. Without the luxury of a time machine this is the best we're gonna get.

I'll bet the majority of those attending never had the chance to see them play together before, and aren't going to be disappointed. Since this is the closest thing we have to the original lineup, quit pissing in everyones cereal and let them enjoy it.

Jesus... This show has spawned some of the stupidest threads I've ever seen, ranging from redundant to retarded. This one being the latter.

Well said !! Take a bow as i agree with you all the way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who cares what you think? <_< They are being billed as Led Zeppelin and that's exactly what people are going to see. Plant, Page, Jones, Bonham. Without the luxury of a time machine this is the best we're gonna get.

I'll bet the majority of those attending never had the chance to see them play together before, and aren't going to be disappointed. Since this is the closest thing we have to the original lineup, quit pissing in everyones cereal and let them enjoy it.

Jesus... This show has spawned some of the stupidest threads I've ever seen, ranging from redundant to retarded. This one being the latter.

??? why is this thread retarded? I just watned to see if people agreed with me or disagreed with my valid argument.

I personally think you are retarded if you walk away truly believing you saw Led Zeppelin. Is it gonna be amazing? Yes. Is it gonna be full of enregy? Of course. It is gonna be a night everyone will remember forever? Sure it will. But its not seeing Led Zeppelin --- and I think all 4 of the members on that stage Monday night would agree.

I think they are just calling it Led Zeppelin for marketing purposes. What else are they gonna call it, ya know. Plus they are gonna need to call it that when they start selling tickets for thier shows in America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I'm still reading threads like this. :blink: Trust me....the build-up, the coyness, the rumors, the injury, and the music, it's all Led Zeppelin. As soon as those lights go down, and you feel that Zeppelin cheer from the crowd crawl up your spine, you'll be convinced. Did you ever stop to think that maybe many aspects of this show will be better than Zeppelin in their hey day ? The sound will be better, the instruments will be better, and on and on. There is far too much to lose by putting on a lousy performance. Besides the tribute to Ahmet, did you also ever think about the timing of this ? They are doing this now for the very reason that people doubt they can pull it off. That itself is the spirit of the Mighty Zep. They are going to blow you away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
??? why is this thread retarded? I just watned to see if people agreed with me or disagreed with my valid argument.

I personally think you are retarded if you walk away truly believing you saw Led Zeppelin. Is it gonna be amazing? Yes. Is it gonna be full of enregy? Of course. It is gonna be a night everyone will remember forever? Sure it will. But its not seeing Led Zeppelin --- and I think all 4 of the members on that stage Monday night would agree.

I think they are just calling it Led Zeppelin for marketing purposes. What else are they gonna call it, ya know. Plus they are gonna need to call it that when they start selling tickets for thier shows in America.

You think less people would be interested if they called it Page, Plant And Jones? Hell no!

Unfortunately for you this IS Led Zeppelin.

I wasnt around the first time, but im around now, and if this is what Led Zeppelin play as, this is the Led Zeppelin i will see...

as someone said further up... its still page, plant, jones and BONHAM... the closest we will get. and it IS led Zeppelin, regardless of what you say.

it will forever be known to myself as the night i saw LED ZEPPELIN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You think less people would be interested if they called it Page, Plant And Jones? Hell no!

Unfortunately for you this IS Led Zeppelin.

I wasnt around the first time, but im around now, and if this is what Led Zeppelin play as, this is the Led Zeppelin i will see...

as someone said further up... its still page, plant, jones and BONHAM... the closest we will get. and it IS led Zeppelin, regardless of what you say.

it will forever be known to myself as the night i saw LED ZEPPELIN.

I agree!

Of course we can be proud and tell our grandchildren.

"I saw Led Zeppelin at O2 Arena back in 2007"

Would not call them Page/Plant/Jones and Jason Bonham for a second.

They perform as Led Zeppelin, no question about it. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
??? why is this thread retarded? I just watned to see if people agreed with me or disagreed with my valid argument.

I guess you got your answer. And like I said before, who cares what you think?

Why is this thread retarded?

Because it is being billed as Led Zeppelin by the band themselves. Throw in the fact that Bonzo's offspring is behind the kit, and your argument qualifies as being retarded. It's not like they recruited Don Henley to play drums. :rolleyes:

What's next? Are we going to argue the validity of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because someone used crunchy instead of creamy peanut butter?

Give it a rest and let everyone who is attending this or any other LED ZEPPELIN concert enjoy it with or without your sanctimonious stamp of approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is no reason for name calliing. And Night Flight has been doing it for too damn long.

Didn't you get chased off of the old board Rick? Don't you want to wax poetic some more about 77? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I remember John Henry Bonham play the drums back in the seventies, in a concert in my then local town, he was pure magic, and that lives with me always, I have a friend who actually jammed with John in Machynlleth, during the seventies, he said he did things that were truely amazing, and yes I guess a lot of fans are going to the 02 a little blinded that Plant will pop on to the stage with his tight jeans, his wild hair, and his flower hippy shirt, and that very loud high pitched voice, or jimmy wearing the dragon suit, but sadly that was in the past, now a little more refined but they are still Led Zeppelin, who I love 100% and will till the day I die.

John taught Jason, and I am sure Jason will do him proud,and it will also be a very emotional evening for Jason as he takes to those drums, thinking about his dad, and what he would of made of it, I am sure John would of been so proud of him.

Led Zeppelin mean the world to me and they always will, I cannot say what the music means to me so many memories of growing up in the seventies,beautiful music, and beautiful times.

I could not agree with you anymore!

Having seen Led Zeppelin during the 1977 tour, I am very envious not to be attending the December 10th show.

Yes, Bonzo is no longer with us, but Jason is.

As a proud father myself, I must say anything I have done/accomplished in life.

It is 100 times more exciting watching your children do.

John will be looking down proudly, upon Jason and smiling ever so wide.

I believe most everyone, talks about how the 70's concert performances were bad due to the drug and alcohol problems.

After all the rehearsing time for this show, they all seem to be having fun and more importantly all sober.

These are all big pluses in my book!

To all that are going, enjoy the show!!!

Edited by LedZep4Ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...