People are actually gonna walk away from this show..

It shall be at worst an approximation and at best a genuine evolution of Led Zeppelin.

Can attendees claim to have seen Led Zeppelin? I'd say of course, but would respectfully add "without John Bonham".

I would respectfully add "with Jason Bonham."

this thread brings to mind a great question. What is Led Zeppelin? Of course i didn't see them in the old days. however out of respect for the surviving members, if they want to go out as Zeppelin I don't care . They can do whatever they wan't. Even if they wanted to continue on in the 80's without JB. It really is up to them personally and professionally.

What if Page was into EMO now, I don't care. What is in a name anyway. They took the name off the 4th album. They can take the name off or put the name on.

If they never play togeather again it won't bring back JB

One could make the argument either way. They should continue on as Zeppelin because JB would have wanted them to continue.

If they say its Zeppelin than it sure as hell is.

Is the magic of the past gone? apparently not. they say the magic is there.

How bout this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what if Jimmy sold the name to another producer and put togeather another band, a younger band. would that be Zeppelin?

One of the things that I have learned as a member of this and the old site is that Zeppelin are actually people that grow and change and have feelings and desires, things they want to accomplish inside and outside of Zeppelin.

What if Page just wants to go out one more time with his band and look cool and hear the roar of the crowd. That i think is totally groovy.

I guy I was in a band with years ago had seen Zeppelin I think on long island. I was going on a nd on about how we needed to do this and that like Zeppelin. He said to me, "Ddot zeppelin was five hours late and when they got on stage they were so fucked up they sounded like shit. the show sucked"

Zeppelin is good and bad, light and shade, young and old.

They could have done a cash grab at any time since 1980

All the members seem so focused on this gig it might be better than they were before.

Whats in a name?

this thread brings to mind a great question. What is Led Zeppelin? Of course i didn't see them in the old days. however out of respect for the surviving members, if they want to go out as Zeppelin I don't care . They can do whatever they wan't. Even if they wanted to continue on in the 80's without JB. It really is up to them personally and professionally.

What if Page was into EMO now, I don't care. What is in a name anyway. They took the name off the 4th album. They can take the name off or put the name on.

If they never play togeather again it won't bring back JB

One could make the argument either way. They should continue on as Zeppelin because JB would have wanted them to continue.

If they say its Zeppelin than it sure as hell is.

Is the magic of the past gone? apparently not. they say the magic is there.

How bout this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what if Jimmy sold the name to another producer and put togeather another band, a younger band. would that be Zeppelin?

One of the things that I have learned as a member of this and the old site is that Zeppelin are actually people that grow and change and have feelings and desires, things they want to accomplish inside and outside of Zeppelin.

What if Page just wants to go out one more time with his band and look cool and hear the roar of the crowd. That i think is totally groovy.

I guy I was in a band with years ago had seen Zeppelin I think on long island. I was going on a nd on about how we needed to do this and that like Zeppelin. He said to me, "Ddot zeppelin was five hours late and when they got on stage they were so fucked up they sounded like shit. the show sucked"

Zeppelin is good and bad, light and shade, young and old.

They could have done a cash grab at any time since 1980

All the members seem so focused on this gig it might be better than they were before.

Whats in a name?

.....ok

I don't see the problem in still calling it "Led Zeppelin". I agree that Page, Plant and Jones with Bonham's son is the closest we can get to the old Led Zeppelin and in my opinion Jason is absolutely worthy to be included in the "new" Led Zeppelin. Not "only" because he is John Bonham's son but because he was taught by the best, his father, and I am sure he will do everything possible to honor the legacy of him. I've always thought that him filling John Bonham's place is the only right decision they could make for it. If something is still worth to be called Led Zeppelin, this is it.

me and a buddy are were talking about this a week ago and decided there are only 3 rock and roll bands that is you take one member away, its NOT them.

- Led Zeppelin

- The Beatles

- Cream

i was thinking of Floyd but, first off they toured after Roger left, and I think while they are great musicians, you could take away either Dave Mason or Rick Wright and it would still be Floyd as long as the other three are there.

But as for completely irreplaceable, its Zep, beatles, and Cream. Without one member, its not REALLY them.

I would add Queen to that list too. Cannot understand Brian May and Roger Talyor still performing as Queen without Freddie Mercury or John Deacon. That is just wrong as far as I can see. Yes we all know deep down it's not really Zep without Bonzo, it's a damsite nearer to the real thing than several other bands who've played reunion shows in recent years, and the nearest anyone younger than mid 40s is going to get to seeing them.

i was thinking of Floyd but, first off they toured after Roger left, and I think while they are great musicians, you could take away either Dave Mason or Rick Wright and it would still be Floyd as long as the other three are there.

I never knew Dave Mason was a member of Pink Floyd.... I guess you learn something new everyday. :rolleyes:

I can understand the arguments both ways but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Me saying it's not Led Zeppelin to me is just my own opinion and shouldn't a) piss you off or B) affect you in any other way if you feel differently. This is supposed to be a discussion board. So allow us to discuss our opinions. If it doesn't agree with yours so be it. It's not like we're required to come up with a single answer.

It's entirely up to them how to use the name, of course, but I'm entitled to decide how I feel about it, too. I'm not going to stop liking them or not go if they tour, etc. I didn't care for them using the music in commercials either, but it didn't really diminish my liking of them in any way.

I'm going to see Led Zeppelin people playing Led Zeppelin music. Thats good enough for me.

I never expected Page n Plantt o be Zep and took it that way sadly others didn't.

This is different however cos JPJ's there and a Bonham

So just take me to the show.

Lets not be precious about this and just enjoy it. B)

I can understand the arguments both ways but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Me saying it's not Led Zeppelin to me is just my own opinion and shouldn't a) piss you off or B) affect you in any other way if you feel differently. This is supposed to be a discussion board. So allow us to discuss our opinions. If it doesn't agree with yours so be it. It's not like we're required to come up with a single answer.

Here lies the problem. I took the initial post of this thread to mean that the people who thought they were going to see a LED ZEPPELIN concert, are in fact going to see a cover band under the same name. As if it was started just to dispute anyone claiming to have seen LZ on the 10th or afterward. The old "My Zep was better than yours" kind of schoolyard crap.

We can't bring Bonzo back unfortunately, but Jason will fill in just fine. So what is the need to compare the two, instead of just being thankful that they are playing at all?

Furthermore.... If it's not Led Zeppelin why is it being discussed here? :blink:

Cant help but wonder how you knew it was me?

I'm sure there is more than one moron in Rochester but what are the odds of running into another one here? :D

There are several others that were at the same show I was at and have said so. I posted my comments about it on the Time Line. I suppose there is something wrong with that? Seems like it is a sin for me to say that I saw them some 30 yrs ago to you.

My recollection is that you mentioned it in virtually every post. Regardless of the topic.

I don't think that's why you were run off of the other board though.... :whistling:

Whichever way, you want to look at it, and I have just seen the magic of Zeppelin on TV playing Whole lotta Love and John Henry Bonham with those strong arms pounding those drums, I am sure Jason will do his dad proud, I say bring it on,make it amazing, as only true zeppelin fans can appreciate.

I love the way you post, even when you disagree, you are so respectful!

I remember John Henry Bonham play the drums back in the seventies, in a concert in my then local town, he was pure magic, and that lives with me always, I have a friend who actually jammed with John in Machynlleth, during the seventies, he said he did things that were truely amazing, and yes I guess a lot of fans are going to the 02 a little blinded that Plant will pop on to the stage with his tight jeans, his wild hair, and his flower hippy shirt, and that very loud high pitched voice, or jimmy wearing the dragon suit, but sadly that was in the past, now a little more refined but they are still Led Zeppelin, who I love 100% and will till the day I die.

John taught Jason, and I am sure Jason will do him proud,and it will also be a very emotional evening for Jason as he takes to those drums, thinking about his dad, and what he would of made of it, I am sure John would of been so proud of him.

Led Zeppelin mean the world to me and they always will, I cannot say what the music means to me so many memories of growing up in the seventies,beautiful music, and beautiful times.

Totally agree with you...I imagine those fans who were around in those heady daze (lol) will probably find the gig totally emotional, after all Zeppelin were an enjoyable and crucial part of our life-experience..they were amazing times, and I will always be grateful to Zepp for providing so much magick, color and music....of course it will be different, we have all evolved or degenerated in my case, but that special alchemy between the band and fans will be there to take the breath away and produce yet more very special memories.....cannot wait.

.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

[/quote

I wonder if you will have that same opinion after the show?

me and a buddy are were talking about this a week ago and decided there are only 3 rock and roll bands that is you take one member away, its NOT them.

- Led Zeppelin

- The Beatles

- Cream

But as for completely irreplaceable, its Zep, beatles, and Cream. Without one member, its not REALLY them.

Nick Mason, you mean. Dave Mason was in Traffic.

I thought I saw Traffic in 1994, but apparently not, because Dave Mason wasn't there.

This also means I haven't seen the Stones or the Who....and Pink Floyd only once, as anything after 1983 doesn't count.

75% of Led Zeppelin + another drummer will still be a great gig, I'm quite sure.

Maybe they should call themselves Led Zeppejason.

I remember this kind of bitching on the Cream2005 site, until they pulled the forum because of the bad blood between the members.

Bitching on the Creamsite about Cream or Zep ? What was there to argue about Cream. It was all of them, no more - no less. :huh:

Just bitching generally, about anything and everything.

Jimmy Page says he has electric moods and acoustic moods.

I'm just saying a bit more acoustic on this board would be nice. :)

Chill pill time!

Archived