People are actually gonna walk away from this show..

.. thinking that they really saw Led Zeppelin. And that bothers me a little.

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

:coffee:

From what I understand, 25% of the experience of seeing the real Zeppelin was experiencing John Bonham play the drums live. The other 75% was allocated evenly amongst the other musicians.

I am as excited to see this show as the next guy, but walking out of the arena, I am not gonna walk away thinking I actually saw the Led Zeppelin -- I saw an aged Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones perform Zeppelin music with Jason Bonham.

That is all.

So please do tell, if you went to see the rolling stones without wyman, def leppard without clark, the who without moon and entwhistle, queen without freddie, sex pistols without sid, etc etc etc would you still not recognise these bands as their originals? At least the dna is correct and at the end of the day its what we have been waiting thirty years for, i certainly for one will be going to watch LED ZEPPELIN.

That is all.

Bollocks.

My take on this is that with Bonzo, every album was different. I feel the NO Quarter CD was craftsmanship rather than artistry. Mainly the craftsmanship of whoever organized the strings, not Page or Plant. I can see an updated version of their singing, bass, keyboards and guitar playing. But for me, there's no Zeppelin in this. Zeppelin ended in 1980. Their drummer died, it was John Bonham who was so amazing. I'm curious re. the O2 show though. They are doing this as a tribute, so I guess they have to call it Zeppelin, but what disrespect to Bonham to call it Zeppelin without him. I think it should be the 3 of them playing their songs from Zep, or a shorter title with the same message. All band members are going against their own statements re. the existence of Zep without Bonzo. I get it to a degree, as its a tribute. But if it carries on past this with that name, yikes.

your out of your mind led zep is better with jason

OK, I feel compelled to jump in here with a bit of an analogy.

Three weeks ago I went to see Van Halen on their "reunion" tour with David Lee Roth. When the band first announced this tour, they did not invite orignal bassist Michael Anthony to participate. Rather, they had Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son Wolfgang tour on bass (and vocals).

At the time, both fans and critics howled that this would not be the "real" Van Halen, regardless of what the band sounded like.

Well let me tell you, when I walked out of that concert two-and-a-half hours later, I felt like I had seen and heard the real Van Halen. (And so did the other 20,000 people in attendance.)

If you feel that it just can't be "Led Zeppelin" without Bonzo, so be it. But if Jason just plays in his Dad's style-- without trying to copy him exactly lick for lick and drum break for drum break-- I'll bet that those lucky enough to attend will feel the same way at the end of the O2 show as I felt at the end of the Van Halen show.

You're right. Only you can handle the concept. We're all sitting here thinking we're gonna see Zeppelin as they used to be.

Oh right. So Deep Purple ceased to exist at the moment of the first substitution and then the name was repeatedly abused by new and new line-ups.

Jeheeesus... please! What importance it has that John was substituted with his son?! And if the three surviving members had decided not to disband after Bonzo's death, they should have changed their names??? This is LED ZEPPELIN and I tell you it's not going to be just a one-off thing. I seldom have premonitions but this time I got a strong one.

So please do tell, if you went to see the rolling stones without wyman, def leppard without clark, the who without moon and entwhistle, queen without freddie, sex pistols without sid, etc etc etc would you still not recognise these bands as their originals? At least the dna is correct and at the end of the day its what we have been waiting thirty years for, i certainly for one will be going to watch LED ZEPPELIN.

if they werent calling it led zeppelin i wouldnt fly to london from new york period

me and a buddy are were talking about this a week ago and decided there are only 3 rock and roll bands that is you take one member away, its NOT them.

- Led Zeppelin

- The Beatles

- Cream

i was thinking of Floyd but, first off they toured after Roger left, and I think while they are great musicians, you could take away either Dave Mason or Rick Wright and it would still be Floyd as long as the other three are there.

But as for completely irreplaceable, its Zep, beatles, and Cream. Without one member, its not REALLY them.

this is zeppelin flying to london proves im convinced

??? why is this thread retarded? I just watned to see if people agreed with me or disagreed with my valid argument.

I personally think you are retarded if you walk away truly believing you saw Led Zeppelin. Is it gonna be amazing? Yes. Is it gonna be full of enregy? Of course. It is gonna be a night everyone will remember forever? Sure it will. But its not seeing Led Zeppelin --- and I think all 4 of the members on that stage Monday night would agree.

I think they are just calling it Led Zeppelin for marketing purposes. What else are they gonna call it, ya know. Plus they are gonna need to call it that when they start selling tickets for thier shows in America.

Dude, wake up and stop trying to pull some fancy quasi-physco crap out of your...umm, hat.

People WILL be seeing LED ZEPPELIN on Monday night 12/10/07. Maybe, even a leaner, meaner, Led Zeppelin. The blood line is all there. A Bonham is A Bonham, Jason is a rightful heir to the drummer's stool and sticks of his father. You're trying to spoil a special moment in Time for the faithful - and it may have even worked, but we ALL know better. This IS Led Zeppelin, maybe in some spiritual way, a communion of John with his son and his life and death Companions. 12/10 is a Holy day for Zeppelin fans, we will all be there one way or another - to see LED ZEPPELIN.

Now, move on to the Britney Forum from whence you came.

BTW -What did you expect from the loyals - nicey, nice comments?

That is all.

i wouldnt fly to england if they called them selves anything but zeppelin

This will be Led Zeppelin. Period. Page, Plant, Jones & Bonham. All you non-believers are gonna crap when you hear the bootleg. :lol:

Yes, Jason is NOT John. But since John couldn't make it to the gig, could you all at least show some respect for John's son? Jason would not be in this if the other three (particularly Jimmy) felt he couldn't handle the gig properly. This isn't 1988, boys and girls. Jason is an experienced drummer now. And this may be the last time they all play together. So you can damn well be assured that they'll make the most of it this time.

God help me if they actually DO come and play in the States. I'll fly across the friggin' country if I have to.

and Pink Floyd only once, as anything after 1983 doesn't count.

Well, Floyd isn't Floyd without Syd, right? So the Floyd of Dark Side of the Moon wasn't Floyd. And the best incarnation of Deep Purple was MkII, not MkI. And plenty of people enjoyed Sabbath with Dio this past summer, probably in recognition that Ozzy's current condition.

It's just music. You either like it or you don't. Don't get hung up on labels.

You can always spot the people posting who actually know the history of Led Zeppelin and why they disbanded and those who do not. Those who don't will be proclaiming next Monday's concert to have been Led Zeppelin's "best ever" as they ride off in their Zep

jeep. Just wait, you'll see.

You can always spot the people posting who actually know the history of Led Zeppelin and why they disbanded and those who do not. Those who don't will be proclaiming next Monday's concert to have been Led Zeppelin's "best ever" as they ride off in their Zep

I wouldn't doubt that at all. :lol:

These will be the same people who, during Robert's solo concerts, were screaming..."Stairway to Heaven!"

Archived