Happy Birthday Bonzo

*Checks watch*

Oh, it's you Reg! Cheers mate!! :D

Dear Bonzo,

Never met, but I'll never forget. Music wouldn't be the same without your contribution. You never really got how awesome you were. Well, we got it. It wouldn't have been the greatest rock and roll band of all time without you!

Pat, Deb, Jason, and fans, I raise a virtual toast with you. To "Our John" (whether by family, by friend, or mate by way of adoption)! ;)

Cheers Bonzo!!

Where's my beer smiley? :'(

Happy Birthday John

May 31, 1948 – September 25, 1980

“He’s the greatest rock drummer who ever lived.” – Jimmy Page

JBbday3.jpg

Dear John,

I will never forget how nice you were to us, how you made us laugh, how you showed us kindness when you didn’t need to. I will always consider myself blessed to have been there for one of your birthdays, to be one of the alumni. God, it was fun.

Your music will live forever and I will never forget you. Thank you for everything, John. I am grateful for all of it. My deepest regret is not having told you any of this when you were still in this world.

May God bless you and your beautiful family forever.

Love always,

One of the “Jimmy’s side of the stage girls” from “The Ocean”.

*Checks watch*

Oh, it's you Reg! Cheers mate!! :D

Dear Bonzo,

Never met, but I'll never forget. Music wouldn't be the same without your contribution. You never really got how awesome you were. Well, we got it. It wouldn't have been the greatest rock and roll band of all time without you!

Pat, Deb, Jason, and fans, I raise a virtual toast with you. To "Our John" (whether by family, by friend, or mate by way of adoption)! ;)

Cheers Bonzo!!

Where's my beer smiley? :'(

G'day Ev!

This is tomorrow calling! :P

As we celebrate in fond memory of Bonzo's drumming ability and contribution to music, it's great that you have returned to the fold.

Welcome back!

I think it's fair to say that all of us have missed your input. :yesnod:

Here's to you mate, the most knowledgeable member I have come to know on this forum.

You know your stuff and who always presents his commentary full of good humour without the "know-it-all" attitude. :)

Vegas eh?

Milwaukee run out of beer, huh? ;)

So to two of my favourite Geminis, Bonzo and Evster! :beer:

Bonzo,

We always remember you as the greatest and most powerful drummer of all, the essential element to the greatness of Led Zeppelin but also as the man with such unique and lovable personality and family values.

You will always be in that special place in our hearts and that will never change because you were precious to the music LZ created and the companionship/brotherhood you shared with Robert, Jimmy and John Paul.

Your birthday every year is a happiness moment for us fans as we are each time remembered of the beginning of your personal journey towards your passion for music.

As a fan like all the other millions of devotees around the world, I am just grateful for your priceless contribution to the Led Zeppelin musical journey and to the drumming/percussion history.

Happy Birthday to you and blessings to your family,

xx

KAG_ZEP_69_0470_F.jpg

Happy Birthday John

Love always,

:):) ...I'll have to check out the TSRTS clip and spot you now ;)

Happy Birthday John

Love always,

:):) ...I'll have to check out the TSRTS clip and spot you now ;)

Damn.

Celebrate, my friend! This is his BIRTHDAY! We can share our sadness in late September. I'll be right there with you! But today it's fucking John Bonham all the way! ;)

BTW, thanks MSG for sharing your rememberance. I know a few here who actually knew the man. It's nice to hear you share! :D

Archived