It Might Get Loud Screening @ LA Film Fest

myledzep

I believe it's being screened nationwide on August 21st.

I live and work in the Naperville & Aurora area.

I am going to be in Chicago the last week of August for a business conference which will probably take all weekend. I don't know if I will have any free time to see the movie then. I can't wait to see it, though, and will have to see it the first opportunity that I can. :)

I will know my Chicago schedule the closer it gets to August.

I am going to be in Chicago the last week of August for a business conference which will probably take all weekend. I don't know if I will have any free time to see the movie then. I can't wait to see it, though, and will have to see it the first opportunity that I can. :)

I will know my Chicago schedule the closer it gets to August.

Doc,

That sounds like it may have possibilities. It would be great if we had a Chicago area meet up to see the film.

Keep us updated as your schedule becomes more clear.

Doc,

That sounds like it may have possibilities. It would be great if we had a Chicago area meet up to see the film.

Keep us updated as your schedule becomes more clear.

Sounds great to me.

I will probably be staying near Michigan Avenue and would probably need to go to a theater near the Miracle Mile, due to transportation issues.

Once I know more of my itinerary, I will keep you posted.

I hope that you can join the Chicago meet-up to see the movie, Janet!

I hope that we can work it out and get it arranged.

That would be cool. I don't personally know any Led Zeppelin fans over the age of 14!

Oh man, now I feel kinda bad. Is it not coming to you at all, or just not yet?

I still know nothing yet. :(

I don't know if the german cinemas will have enough interests for a guitar documentary. But who knows, I won't give up hope. And I really hope they will bring out a DVD.

And don't feel bad. :) I'm still happy for you and the other fans who can see it.

I still know nothing yet. :(

I don't know if the german cinemas will have enough interests for a guitar documentary. But who knows, I won't give up hope. And I really hope they will bring out a DVD.

And don't feel bad. :) I'm still happy for you and the other fans who can see it.

Well, you have such a sweet attitude. I know the Gods will let you see this film one way or another. ^_^

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and The White Stripes frontman Jack White discussed their involvement in the forthcoming documentary, 'It Might Get Loud', at a press conference in Los Angeles this morning (June 19).

The legendary axe men, whose personal musical evolutions are chronicled in the film along with that of U2 guitarist The Edge, talked about what it was like to work with each other for the first time, and why they decided to become involved in the film.

"These days people are getting famous for being famous," White said when asked why he chose to take part in the documentary. "You have to battle against the media to create something soulful. This film lets people dig deeper into the music."

The film, which was directed by Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim ('An Inconvenient Truth'), chronicles the master guitarists' evolution as musicians and illustrates how each one became enamoured of the instrument at a very young age.

"What we all have in common is that we are all self-taught guitarists," said Page. "That's what so fascinating about it. All guitarists have a very different character so there was a lot to learn from each other."

"We were all coming from similar spots where music is generated," added White.

The White Stripes man, who is pictured in the film creating his own stringed instruments and teaching a fictionalised 9-year-old version of himself to play guitar, advised young aspiring musicians to grab whatever instruments they can get their hands on. "Start with whatever you can afford and struggle to find your own relationship with the instrument," he said. "Take (children) to see live music. Put them in a position where they physically can't get away," he laughed.

White, who is currently involved in three bands -- The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather -- is also rumoured to be working on a solo album. When asked if Page might make a guest appearance on the album, White quipped, "Jimmy needs to practice a little more first."

source: NME

There are also loads of pics of Jimmy and Jack White now on gettyimages.

Just an FYI, there's another screening of the film this afternoon @ the Landmark Theatres in West LA; it starts at 2pm. I'm wonder if cast and crew will be at this screening as well because I saw this in RH's diary entry yesterday:

June 21Had a late night last night (and this morning). Started with dinner at XIV, the new trendy eating spot. Outside is a huge hedge cut in the shape of Roman numeral letters. We were looked after, it was fun to go just to watch the room. Afterwards we stopped at Teddy's in Hollywood where Josh, Richmon and Wendell looked after us all night. There was a lot to look at, or ogle. Finished at the Bar at the Sunset Marquis.

Fathers Day today - spent it at the pool. The Love Gun Paul Stanley was at the hotel for lunch with his family. Jimmy and I chatted with him and his son Evan. Paul showed me the new Kiss album cover on his iphone and I'm still not saying what it's called, but it's old school Kiss...

The Sunset Marquis was swamped with bikini-clad women which made the ogling a father's day treat. Saw my friends Amy and Tim from the band What Would Jesus Drive, who are playing next Friday at Silversun Studios (I think that's right) in Downtown LA - go and see them.

Off home tonight on the last flight to London.

Again, I emphasize that I'm not sure if it means they'll be there. But if any locals are interested in catching another screening of the film, head over to the landmark. Advanced tix are sold out however there may be line for standby tix. :)

Archived