The new host of the Tonight Show is a Led Head

I've posted this before but don't know where. Conan O'Brien is a huge Zeppelin fan this was done in the 90s and it needs to be shown repeatedly on any Zepp message board. He will be starting his first shows on the Tonight Show on Monday.

Good luck on the Tonight Show Conan!

The late, great author Geoge Plimpton ("Paper Lion," etc.) is fighting Conan in the fantasy sequence. And older Conan fans would recognize that that is "Oldie Olson" (the late William Preston) playing the Old Hermit on the Mountain (who transforms into Andy Richter).

Conan won't be able to pull sh-t like this on his new gig, unfortunately. He's gotta play to the majority now.

Remember when Page/Crowes did Your time is Gonna come on Conan?

Page/Crowes

On the same show, after they sat down with Conan, does anyone remember The Masturbating Bear** standing in front of Page & Chris Robinson doing "his act" and Pagey and the lads cracking up?!! Too bad that wasn't included on the clip ... as they say, "Priceless!"

Also, Conan saw Jimmy's guitar sitting UNGUARDED in a hallway before the show and I think he said ( A ) he was momentarily tempted to steal it, and ( B ) why didn't Pagey have someone guarding it?

**I'm not joking. Occassionally, someone dressed as a bear would play with itself under its diaper in front of shocked guests on the show.

On the same show, after they sat down with Conan, does anyone remember The Masturbating Bear** standing in front of Page & Chris Robinson doing "his act" and Pagey and the lads cracking up?!! Too bad that wasn't included on the clip ... as they say, "Priceless!"

Also, Conan saw Jimmy's guitar sitting UNGUARDED in a hallway before the show and I think he said (a) he was momentarily tempted to steal it, and (B) why didn't Pagey have someone guarding it?

**I'm not joking. Occassionally, someone dressed as a bear would play with itself under its diaper in front of shocked guests on the show.

The Masturbating Bear was great, very funny :)

Thank you so much for posting the Conan clip, NickZepp!!! I've never seen it before and I was rolling on the floor with laughter!! :hysterical: Conan is sooo funny when he sings!

I hear ya Ninelives! I usually end up on the floor or losing my breath if Ferguson get's on a roll!

Me too! And his puppet routines are awesome! :D

I've posted this before but don't know where. Conan O'Brien is a huge Zeppelin fan this was done in the 90s and it needs to be shown repeatedly on any Zepp message board. He will be starting his first shows on the Tonight Show on Monday.

Good luck on the Tonight Show Conan!

That was hilarious. Thank NickZepp

Conan got away with a lot of stunt's and gag's in the his early day's at 2 AM after Letterman! Remember the Sonogram of Lisa Marie Presley, with a crude baby animated in and a portrait of Michael Jackson with a real mouth talking?

His first gig was to replace Letterman on the Late Show at 11:30 in 1993. He was never on TV before that year.

I watched the first 20 minutes of Conan's first night on the show last night and it was pretty funny!! It was hilarious showing clips of him "jogging" from NY to LA, LOL. I haven't looked at any of the late night shows for a while but it usually depends on who the guests are. I haven't stayed up that late in a long time, LOL. However, if he manages to get any of the Zep guys on there, I will certainly not miss it. :D

Hats off to conan obrien. i remember jumping up and taping that -song remains the same segment they did like it was yesterday. used to have the tape ready for any music on tv. this should be a great show with conan obrien. he sure has the ability to make anything funny and can overcome stumbles in interviews. he makes it look easy and comedy combined with being serious and promoting someones movies etc is not easy.

To see this in tv history is like....wow, time is really flying by. i remember watching the video of steve allen interviewing jack kerouac.

That was just awesome parody. I love this guy!

And hey, i bet he has a better than average chance of getting RP as a guest on the show... :D

Would that be great if he did a guest appearance:-)

His first gig was to replace Letterman on the Late Show at 11:30 in 1993. He was never on TV before that year.

He wasn't on T.V. but he was a writer for The Simpsons, which IMO was when the show was at its best. I do enjoy the tonight show though, one of the few shows I keep up with. Hilarious fantasy sequence BTW, thanks for posting.

Archived