Could Plant Join Fleetwood Mac

McSeven

Seeing as Plant is not into reforming Zep. Could his musical persona work for Fleetwood Mac. Since he wants to calm down from Rock and Roll. Perhaps his Acoustic/Mystic vocal sound would do wonders for Fleetwood Mac.

Do you all think that Plant could add some magic to Fleetwood Mac and if he did join them, would he get a lot of backlash.

Mc7

Seeing as Plant is not into reforming Zep. Could his musical persona work for Fleetwood Mac. Since he wants to calm down from Rock and Roll. Perhaps his Acoustic/Mystic vocal sound would do wonders for Fleetwood Mac.

Do you all think that Plant could add some magic to Fleetwood Mac and if he did join them, would he get a lot of backlash.

Mc7

Absolutely not. Robert is about exploring new ground and I can't nor would I want to see him be part of an established band with a long history and distinct sound. I don't know why people assume because right now he's been exploring roots music that he's not interested in rock anymore. Seems to me he was rocking it out North African style at Abu Dhabi not too long ago. Robert doesn't stay in any one place musically too long - who knows what the future will bring but I don't think he's off rock IMO.

Mc7

:huh:

Errrrr....no.

Mc7

How's it going "McSeven?" I must confess, Plant could add some magic to FLEETWOOD MAC but it'll never happen. Plant is too preoccupied with Alison Krauss at the moment, these two are the Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham of the new millennium. In my opinion, adding one legendary performer with another great legendary band and go on tour would be a slap in the face to Alison Krauss and to Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. If Plant were to go that far and join another great band and go on the road with them, he might as well go back to LED ZEPPELIN and begin a new world tour. Besides, FLEETWOOD MAC'S main star attraction as well as the voice is the beautiful Stevie Nicks, I'm not quite sure that an already established band like FLEETWOOD MAC would be ready for share equal duties with a high caliber, already established frontman like Robert Plant. It would be interesting though. ROCK ON!

How's it going "McSeven?" I must confess, Plant could add some magic to FLEETWOOD MAC but it'll never happen. Plant is too preoccupied with Alison Krauss at the moment, these two are the Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham of the new millennium. In my opinion, adding one legendary performer with another great legendary band and go on tour would be a slap in the face to Alison Krauss and to Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. If Plant were to go that far and join another great band and go on the road with them, he might as well go back to LED ZEPPELIN and begin a new world tour. Besides, FLEETWOOD MAC'S main star attraction as well as the voice is the beautiful Stevie Nicks, I'm not quite sure that an already established band like FLEETWOOD MAC would be ready for share equal duties with a high caliber, already established frontman like Robert Plant. It would be interesting though. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF,

Now as you know i've been listening to "Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac" for the past few day and if you are talking about Robert joining up with Peter, Mick and John then i could see some really good Blues inspired Music comming out of this line up.

And what about a name? "Fleetwood Mac's Green Plant" :hurrah:

And the first album's name. "Herbal"

Regards, Danny

Archived