Have you ever met Zep hater?

_Lena_Zep

Personally,I haven't met anyone,but there was a guy once who said to me that Led Zep is boring and not to play their songs.

Actually,he was a good friend of mine until he said that.

Haven't spoken to him anymore.Now I wish I could punch him in the face and toss shit over his beloved rap and Britney Spears and...I must stop.

Yeah, my mom hates them. It's okay though because she thinks that Boy George and Sugarland are the best things since sliced bread.

Hi 'lzfan715'

You mention your mom likes Boy George AKA George Alan O'Dowd, well his family live just up the road from me still, i've seen one of his brothers in my doctors recently and I also worked with his younger brother David, who "outed" Boy George to the papers to get him off the hard drugs he was on at the time, that was years ago, it never worked though.

George was always a bit of an Idiot when he was young (still is) but I must say that his sense of humor is wicked and he always has me in stiches whenever I see him, deep down he is a really nice fun loving funny guy who loves his family, oh and a bit of a prat at the same time. :lol:

Here's some links your Mom might find interesting.

http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/mai..._george_2412481

http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/mai...%27dowd_2412485

As for knowing any Zeppelin haters, well in the days when they were really famous over here in London people just didnt hate them, it was the whole Heavy Rock Scene that they hated, so yea i've know and been involved with many Zeppelin haters.

But at the same time I hated Soul and Disco, dont give either of them a thought now though, and the Zeppelin haters, well they all moved on to hate something else. Its better to Love than to Hate really, dont you agree?

Regards, Danny

Hi 'lzfan715'

You mention your mom likes Boy George AKA George Alan O'Dowd, well his family live just up the road from me still, i've seen one of his brothers in my doctors recently and I also worked with his younger brother David, who "outed" Boy George to the papers to get him off the hard drugs he was on at the time, that was years ago, it never worked though.

George was always a bit of an Idiot when he was young (still is) but I must say that his sense of humor is wicked and he always has me in stiches whenever I see him, deep down he is a really nice fun loving funny guy who loves his family, oh and a bit of a prat at the same time. :lol:

Regards, Danny

I have heard from many people that he is a nice guy and really funny, just eccentric. I don't have any prolems with his personality, just his music.

I have heard from many people that he is a nice guy and really funny, just eccentric. I don't have any prolems with his personality, just his music.

Hi 'lzfan715'

I think his music is just awful but very amusing and catchy, have you dared to show your Mom the links yet?

Regards, Danny

Walking down the hall in a Zep shirt and some jerk screams "Led Zeppelin sucks!!!"

I turned around & glared, but my friend pulled me down the hall before I could go for him.

One of my "friends" (He just quit speaking to me recently for no apparent reason) was complaining that his band couldn't have one guitarist.

"Yeah you can, a lot of big bands just had one guitarist."

"Like who?"

"Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin...."

"Ugh, Led Zeppelin!" And rolls his eyes

"Well, I said 'Black Sabbath' first so I wouldn't seem so obsessive"

His band never worked out.

Met a shitload in High School when Zep were "Dinosaurs". Now that their Flock of Seagulls hairdos have long since grown out, they often ask me which album to buy.

All of them, natch!

Even my Rush/Peart loving drummer has been going through my collection wondering how he missed this. I tried to tell you then bro! :beer:

I've just remembered:

My dad hates them.He said he would rather die than listen to Zeppelin when he heard lz II.<_<

LOL-I was lucky, my Mom put up with my obsession with LZ since the age of 9. I had the posters on my bedroom wall. I still have all of the albums and have bought all of them in CD's. when CD's came out. I grew up in the 70's and had the luxury of so many really great bands and going to concerts at that time was a ritual, but NONE can compare to Zep. I was 13 when I first saw them in concert and it literally changed my life. Needless to say if anyone has said anything negative regarding them I have nothing to do with them.

Walking down the hall in a Zep shirt and some jerk screams "Led Zeppelin sucks!!!"

I turned around & glared, but my friend pulled me down the hall before I could go for him.

One of my "friends" (He just quit speaking to me recently for no apparent reason) was complaining that his band couldn't have one guitarist.

"Yeah you can, a lot of big bands just had one guitarist."

"Like who?"

"Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin...."

"Ugh, Led Zeppelin!" And rolls his eyes

"Well, I said 'Black Sabbath' first so I wouldn't seem so obsessive"

His band never worked out.

Hilarious, and can picture the glare as I have done the same when someone is not nice about Zep.

Yep, back n the day it was hard to spread the gospel in certain parts of Vancouver. Without a doubt, Zeppelin were an eastend band

I have and its not a big deal. Either the person has heard Stairway to Heaven a million times on the radio and it annoys them/they think its the only song they have. Or they like Rush and must fight to the death to defend Neil Peart as the beat drummer ever and hate John Bonham.

But oh well, to each their own.

None that I can specifically recall. Not really anyone at school can I remember saying they hated them. I have a ton of Zeppelin t shirts and a few hoodies and nobody's ever said anything negative to me about them. Maybe they knew better. :D:D

Only on this website! There are so many on this forum sometimes I can't believe this is a Led Zeppelin fan site and not a Led Zeppelin bashing forum.

Ignore them, they aren't worth our time:-) The TRUE Zep fans stick together and we are stong in numbers!

Only on this website! There are so many on this forum sometimes I can't believe this is a Led Zeppelin fan site and not a Led Zeppelin bashing forum.

LOL, the same with me. There are people around me don't like Zeppelin, but this doesn't bother me, it's just about personal taste and they are not "haters". But some selfnamed fans are really unbearable.

Anyway I've gotten over most of them and am sincerely happy the bashing fest is over.

I grew up in the 70's and had the luxury of so many really great bands and going to concerts at that time was a ritual, but NONE can compare to Zep. I was 13 when I first saw them in concert and it literally changed my life. Needless to say if anyone has said anything negative regarding them I have nothing to do with them.

Wow that's awesome. I can't imagine seeing LZ at 13... Was it the best day of your life or what? :)

Archived