Have you ever met Zep hater?

_Lena_Zep

One more time then: My point was that good music didn't end in 1980 so there's no need for the younger people to think they missed all the good stuff because they weren't around in the 70s. Lots of good stuff has come out SINCE the 70s, and in fact some (NOT ALL) of the stuff that came out in the 70s, and 60s, was actually crap. It's not a case of old=good, new=bad, as is proved by the fact that Robert's and Jonesy's solo projects have often (NOT ALWAYS, I concede) been undertaken with people from later musical generations.

That's as clear as I can make it!

This was exactly my point--good music didn't end in 1980! :slapface:

Aqua that's really not what you said - even if it was what you meant. So the slapface is a little odd. We didn't misunderstand you - you said something way different in that post I responded to from what you say you meant. I'm not arguing with you about what you meant - only you know that - but if you didn't say it that way, well don't expect it to be understood without explanation! B)

You have to read it in the context of the rest of the thread--it folows on from this post--

I was around during the heyday of Zeppelin and co., and I don't think music ended in 1980, and nor do they. Robert, Jimmy and JPJ, and most of their contemporaries, are totally open to and interested in new music--it's very strange to me that many of their fans, especially the younger ones, have such narrow views of music when the guys they admire have minds that are so open.

Then somebody asked what new bands they'd been quoted as liking, hence the post you quoted.

You have to read it in the context of the rest of the thread--it folows on from this post--

I did read it that way, and I know what it followed :) - it still said what it said. I know what came when - I read the thread. Anyway, you've clarified your point since. No sense tiring people out with our semantics.

yeah it is a trend. oh today a kid asked what i do in my meantime i replied play bass and listen to music. and he was like "you play an instrument?? weirdo" angry.gif then our teacher was playing Zeppelin a couple of days ago and he was like "man they need to stop playin their racist music, and play rap!" angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

What's the term the rappers use...?

Oh yeah, Shouldve given em a good old b**** slap to the face!

• 2 weeks later...

I once settled into my friend's boyfriend's car for a 3-hour trip to go watch her lacrosse game, and had the following conversation:

Him: "So, here's my mp3 player, there's not a lot on it, but you can pick something."

Me: "Got any Zeppelin?"

Him: "As in Led Zeppelin? God no, I hate them."

Me: *stunned silence* You..what? What?

Him: "Yeah, I can't stand anything about them."

Me: *physically and mentally squirming* BUT HOW?!?!?

It was the first time I'd ever heard someone say that. It scarred me.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally,I haven't met anyone,but there was a guy once who said to me that Led Zep is boring and not to play their songs.

Actually,he was a good friend of mine until he said that.

Haven't spoken to him anymore.Now I wish I could punch him in the face and toss shit over his beloved rap and Britney Spears and...I must stop.

no non ho mai incontrato nessuno che li odiasse.....o li adoravano oppure li conoscevano a malapena (solo le hits) o li ignoravano...però penso che ci siano persone che non li amano, perchè non sono i Queen o i Beatles che sono più universali, è più facile cioè che piacciano a tutti.....comunque io li adoro, accompagnano ogni momento della mia vita, sono un potente antidepressivo...e basta!Nessuno li odiasse ..... O li adoravano oppure li conoscevano a Malapena (solo le hits) o li ignoravano ... pero Penso Che ci Siano Persone Che non li Amano, perchè non SONO i Queen o i Beatles che SONO Più Universali, è cioe Più facile Che piacciano a "tutti ..... comunque io li adoro, accompagnano OGNI Momento della mia vita, SONO UN Potente antidepressivo ... e basta!

I once settled into my friend's boyfriend's car for a 3-hour trip to go watch her lacrosse game, and had the following conversation:

Him: "So, here's my mp3 player, there's not a lot on it, but you can pick something."

Me: "Got any Zeppelin?"

Him: "As in Led Zeppelin? God no, I hate them."

Me: *stunned silence* You..what? What?

Him: "Yeah, I can't stand anything about them."

Me: *physically and mentally squirming* BUT HOW?!?!?

It was the first time I'd ever heard someone say that. It scarred me.

It scarred you? Holy overreaction, Batman!

Some old timer that likes the monkees and bragged about seeing the Doors wanted me to do some research for him on some unknown. Said he hated Led Zeppelin. I said, "well, you just burned your bridges with me." He says he has some old bootleg vinyl with Plant on the cover. Ill see if I can get him to produce it. If I have an old monkees album laying around it may be bait enough to get my paws on it.

He says he has some old bootleg vinyl with Plant on the cover. Ill see if I can get him to produce it. If I have an old monkees album laying around it may be bait enough to get my paws on it.

Being a Zep fan turned into some strategy game for some :D

We can never get bored: there is always more to hear and more to get about them

LED ZEPPELIN BORING NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That person should be referred to I to IV and The Song Remains The Same right away.

As for the Monkeys...........well.........Take The Last Train To Clarksville biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

None of my children like Zeppelin, although my youngest kind of likes the Immigrant Song. I am hoping that over time they will come around. There is hope for my son, he likes some other rock bands, and borrowed a few of my Zeppelin cds recently, but the girls are pretty much hip hop and country only.

I started my youngest on Zeppelin when she was around 6 or 7, she's 15 now and still loves them. But it wasn't just the music i played for her..it was more like Zeppelin 101, and although she likes all kinds of music Zeppelin is her fav and she proudly wears her Zep shirts to school.

btw...i have never met a Zeppelin hater or even a disliker. I have 'Led Zeppelin' tattooed on the nape of my neck and have very short hair, and when ever anyone sees my tattoo...they always have some good to say.

The term "hater" is way overused. Someone doesn't agree with you, gives reasons why they don't agree with you...and this makes them a "hater"? Ah the modern world, nothing better I swear....

There have always been people I've known who didn't like Zeppelin for one reason or another. I never tried to "convert" them either. If a high school friend of mine back in '72 preferred Machine Head to Led IV, what was I going to do to change his mind? Nothing. I never even tried. Music is a personal thing, always has been and always will be. You like what you like, or don't.

I did find out something though reading this thread. There's still an active rockabilly culture in the United States? Jeez, who knew! Man talk about fringe/retro...........

Sorry, I'm hatin' now aren't I.

OMG i just read (most) of the 'Why Led Zeppelin Deserves Credit' thread and Patrick and Jack have got to be 2 of the most knowin' Zeppelin guys around....i give them credit for pointing out exactly why LZ deserves more credit than they get. It's some good reading.

Archived