Have you ever met Zep hater?

_Lena_Zep

I remember when Led Zeppelin was fun, carefree...

Then big business and the internet took over.

It was good while it lasted.

Totally agree, life is to short for the negative to be created, it's already around enough:-)

Come to think of it, my best friend walked out in the middle of a Led Zeppelin concert because one of the songs got on her nerves.

I figure it may have been Dazed and Confused.

This is too funny!!! Love the analogy...

Ummmm no offense but you sound like a nut job.

Just because someone doesn't like Zeppelin doesn't make them a bad person. I know a number of people that don't like them and I still somehow find it in me to speak to them. :rolleyes:

You don't know what his tone was like.That's what made me so upset.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. No reason for this. You are on a Led Zepplin website and we are LOYAL fans... work with us here:-) This is supposed to be fun...hope your day get's better.

No reason for what? An opinion?

I'm sorry, but I said that no band is worth chucking friends for and you accuse me of being in a foul mood? So, if I keep all the friends who were ever indifferent to Zeppelin, or still talk to my mum who doesn't like their stuff, does that not make me a loyal fan?

Considering no names were mentioned - or posts quoted - there's no need to be so rude with your answer. I wasn't talking to you. I wasn't talking to anyone. I was only saying that it's simply down to immaturity when people take things personally if someone doesn't share their taste. How exactly does that mean that I 'woke up on the wrong side of the bed'? It wasn't that outrageous.

My day's been fabulous, actually. Thanks for caring.

And, thanks, Knebby :beer:

No reason for what? An opinion?

I'm sorry, but I said that no band is worth chucking friends for and you accuse me of being in a foul mood? So, if I keep all the friends who were ever indifferent to Zeppelin, or still talk to my mum who doesn't like their stuff, does that not make me a loyal fan?

Considering no names were mentioned - or posts quoted - there's no need to be so rude with your answer. I wasn't talking to you. I wasn't talking to anyone. I was only saying that it's simply down to immaturity when people take things personally if someone doesn't share their taste. How exactly does that mean that I 'woke up on the wrong side of the bed'? It wasn't that outrageous.

My day's been fabulous, actually. Thanks for caring.

And, thanks, Knebby :beer:

truly glad your day is going great. yes everyone is entitled to an opinion. I sincerely did not mean to come across rude. emails are sometimes taken out of context...truce:-) Life's to short!

I agree with LDW - there's no reason to get angry towards a person who doesn't like Led Zeppelin. Everyone is entitled to like and dislike what they want. Doesn't make them bad people. Taste is subjective. It isn't worth getting upset over IMO.

I agree with LDW - there's no reason to get angry towards a person who doesn't like Led Zeppelin. Everyone is entitled to like and dislike what they want. Doesn't make them bad people. Taste is subjective. It isn't worth getting upset over IMO.

Just want to have fun discussing Zep... happy Friday to all

I am a LOYAL fan but I don't hate non-fans and I don't blame others for thinking that doing so is WRONG.

There were PLENTY of reasons for what LDW said.

Yes, bingo!

Wow didn't realize that simply being RATIONAL would cause such a ruckus...

Oh God!

WAAAYY to many!

I go to this website called Gaia and its this online community where you can talk on forums and all this other fancy stuff. Anyway, I would sometimes go to the forums (Mostly the music ones) and talk about Zep wherever it would be appropriate. But when I say something about them, there comes some BASHING! And ALOT of IT, and much is just the most horribe thing you could see, too explicit and rude. I've seen so much that I have learned to just ignore them by now, I just figured they're jealous ;) !!

It was amazing!!! I could not believe I was there. We literally could not take our eyes off the stage. Plants voice is beyond words. Bonham on drums you felt every beat! I can still remember everything.

have you ever had the priveledge of seeing them live?

I wish lol. I'm 16.

I want to recount you one thing that happened to me about one year ago...

I was singing in a pub (I sing a lot of zepp's song) and I met a guy.

This guy was walking, then he looked at me and start screaming: LED ZEPPELIN SHIT! LED ZEPPELIN SHIT!

Ok...I was laughing...

Next week, I was singing in another pub...I was smoking a cigarette in front of the door and the same guy was walking in that street. He looked at me again and he started screaming again: LED ZEPPELIN SHIT!LED ZEPPELIN SHIT!

This time I told him : "What do you want from me??? They're not my parents! Please...leave me alone!!"

hihihihihihihihi

I never see him again....hihihiih the guy of my life!! :blink:

I dated a Rockabilly guy...briefly. Now, understand, I love Zeppelin, and the Beatles, and Elvis, and Eddie Cochran, and Carl Perkins, etc. This guy only liked 50s rock (and, of course, the Stray Cats). He felt it was his duty to insult my taste in music, say that the Beatles were the cause of the decline of the "American Dream," and would play some punk song with the charming lyrics, "I hate Led Zeppelin" with a smirk on his face. And he claimed to actually like me...

My point is this, why do Rockabilly types hate Led Zeppelin? If a rockabill and Jimmy Page were to sit in a room together and talk about their influences, they would be the same artists. Paul McCartney would say to this guy, "Hey man, I love Eddie Cochran and I've played with Carl Perkins. I own the rights to Buddy Holly's songs. You and I have the same tastes!"

Not only was my ex a jerk, but I feel he was an idiot. Seriously historically stupid for not realizing that Led Zeppelin and the like were his musical brothers, not his enemies.

Jerk.

I dated a Rockabilly guy...briefly. Now, understand, I love Zeppelin, and the Beatles, and Elvis, and Eddie Cochran, and Carl Perkins, etc. This guy only liked 50s rock (and, of course, the Stray Cats). He felt it was his duty to insult my taste in music, say that the Beatles were the cause of the decline of the "American Dream," and would play some punk song with the charming lyrics, "I hate Led Zeppelin" with a smirk on his face. And he claimed to actually like me...

My point is this, why do Rockabilly types hate Led Zeppelin? If a rockabill and Jimmy Page were to sit in a room together and talk about their influences, they would be the same artists. Paul McCartney would say to this guy, "Hey man, I love Eddie Cochran and I've played with Carl Perkins. I own the rights to Buddy Holly's songs. You and I have the same tastes!"

Not only was my ex a jerk, but I feel he was an idiot. Seriously historically stupid for not realizing that Led Zeppelin and the like were his musical brothers, not his enemies.

Jerk.

I don't think all rockabilly fans hate Zep - but it's too bad he couldn't see how Zep were huge fans of that music and were heavily influenced by them, as so many rock/blues musicians were at the time.

Jerk.

sometimes. They get a competitive urge.

I don't think all rockabilly fans hate Zep - but it's too bad he couldn't see how Zep were huge fans of that music and were heavily influenced by them, as so many rock/blues musicians were at the time.

Well, here in LA, the real Rockabillies, the ones who make this a lifestyle choice, are very anti-English in terms of music and culture. I. Don't. Know. Why. The problem is I'm a sucker for the look myself. I dress this way quite often, and I love a boy with long chops and nautical stars and sparrow tattoos. :wub: But I don't get how a group of people can disavow another group, based on music, especially when the music is remarkably similar. It seems, again, stupid. Unintelligent.

Archived