Have you ever met Zep hater?

_Lena_Zep

ya i got one his names david hes a huge beetles fan we always argue one day after school i broke into his locker and put led zeppelin pics all over george harrison sucks dick

kudos my friendbeer.gif except for the harrison sucks part. i dont like the beatles but hey respect George he inspired Zep to do the Rain Song!

My dad, for some reason, favorite band is the Eagles and he's also a parot-head. He just likes Zepp a little bit:For the songs on the radio like Stairway, Black Dog, RnR ect. I like the Eagles alright, but would not buy any of their albums, just the hits off of iTunes.

It really kind of annoys me, but I guess when some people get old they shut out new ideas/things.

Oh, and my dad likes country, so that's to say his musical tastes are maybe a bit shallow and are not to be taken seriously.(Strictly in my opinion)

My dad, for some reason, favorite band is the Eagles and he's also a parot-head. He just likes Zepp a little bit:For the songs on the radio like Stairway, Black Dog, RnR ect. I like the Eagles alright, but would not buy any of their albums, just the hits off of iTunes.

It really pisses me off, but I guess when some people get old they shut out new ideas/things.

Oh, and my dad likes country, so that's to say his musical tastes are maybe a bit shallow and are not to be taken seriously.

No offense, but why does it piss you off that your dad doesn't like Led Zeppelin the way you do? That sounds like a pretty petty reason to be pissed at someone. Also, why does liking country music mean your musical tastes are shallow and you shouldn't be taken seriously?

IT'S MUSIC. I swear, if anything annoys me it's stuff like this. "Oh gee, you don't like what I like, so you have no taste and you suck." :rolleyes:

No offense, but why does it piss you off that your dad doesn't like Led Zeppelin the way you do? That sounds like a pretty petty reason to be pissed at someone. Also, why does liking country music mean your musical tastes are shallow and you shouldn't be taken seriously?

IT'S MUSIC. I swear, if anything annoys me it's stuff like this. "Oh gee, you don't like what I like, so you have no taste and you suck." :rolleyes:

Well, maybe I worded that badly. I'm not really angry at the person, persay. It's kind of like how I'm frustrated with Duke fans. I don't hate them for like-ing Duke, it's just frustrating for me, personally, to deal with people with significantly different views/likes than me. Maybe not even frustrated is a good word. Anyway, sorry for annoying you, Electrophile. :)

You didn't annoy me per se. It's just that I don't understand how people can take music that seriously. I love the music that I love and I'm sure there's people on this site who may not like some of those artists, but I just figure that's their loss. Maybe one day they'll come around and see that said band/singer is good....maybe they won't. Either way, I'm going to still like them.

You didn't annoy me per se. It's just that I don't understand how people can take music that seriously. I love the music that I love and I'm sure there's people on this site who may not like some of those artists, but I just figure that's their loss. Maybe one day they'll come around and see that said band/singer is good....maybe they won't. Either way, I'm going to still like them.

That's basically how I feel, except I do take music seriously. And I admit that it is most likely more serious than most people. Probably to an unreasonable extent.(not to the extent that I will like someone less for their tastes) But that's just how I am.

And it may sound sad to some people, but besides friends and family, music is probably the or one of the main factors in my life, at least at this point in it.

That's basically how I feel, except I do take music seriously. And I admit that it is most likely more serious than most people. Probably to an unreasonable extent.(not to the extent that I will like someone less for their tastes) But that's just how I am.

And it may sound sad to some people, but besides friends and family, music is probably the or one of the main factors in my life, at least at this point in it.

It's not sad that music is so important to you. I get a lot more satisfaction out of music than I do from people, that's just the way I am. That's why listening to music I don't like is so painful. I have a hard time staying in shopping malls where they play loud music that I don't like. Now if it was music that rocked, that would be different. :P

Well most people i meet hate led zeppelin all my mates hate them and like fuckin pop music wich pisses me the fuck off coz i got nobody to talk about proper music with apart from the people in my band and still they only listen to pantera and hardcore shit like that.

It's not sad that music is so important to you. I get a lot more satisfaction out of music than I do from people, that's just the way I am. That's why listening to music I don't like is so painful. I have a hard time staying in shopping malls where they play loud music that I don't like. Now if it was music that rocked, that would be different. :P

Thanks Janet.

Another thing about music is that, when you play a certain song or album, you know that it will always be the same, no matter what you feel like or what you've done. With people, this is not always the case.

But, again, I'm not saying that you should treat music as more valuable than people by any means.

Thanks Janet.

Another thing about music is that, when you play a certain song or album, you know that it will always be the same, no matter what you feel like or what you've done. With people, this is not always the case.

But, again, I'm not saying that you should treat music as more valuable than people by any means.

I think Mr. Jimmy Page feels the same way about music according to some recent interviews.

It would be really cool if you could get me some links. :)

Thanks

Try the recent interview in Mojo, or I could have heard it on the BBC4 radio shows broadcast at the end of the year. I will try to find some links in the next few days...

Well im a freshmen in highschool (9th grade) and i am a huge fan. Every day all the kids at school listen to their shit person saying the same line over and over in a monotone. Yah its called rap and it sucks. But unfortunatley im only one of the few zep lovers of my generation.

Well im a freshmen in highschool (9th grade) and i am a huge fan. Every day all the kids at school listen to their shit person saying the same line over and over in a monotone. Yah its called rap and it sucks. But unfortunatley im only one of the few zep lovers of my generation.

im a grade behind you and feel the same way. theres aout 3 or 4 kids who like them and only me who LIVES them ;)

Archived