The Firm Thread

glad to hear so many enjoyed the firm.I saw them 5 times over 85-86'.I am a guitarist,and unfortunately jimmy seemed in a constant battle with his b-bender telecaster.I have a vhs of detroit 86' where page plays great,but the video is maybe B+.

I was at both the 85 and 86 shows in Detroit and Jimmy was stellar!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish some audio or video from the March 2, 1985 Wichita, KS show would pop up. I have been looking but haven't found anything.

There are very few Firm concerts circulating on video. One reason could be camcorders were still quite bulky at the time, making concealment more difficult. I know for a fact one of the concerts in circulation was filmed from

a private suite at the venue, rather ingenious I admit. I'll see if there are any audio recordings from this gig.

There are very few Firm concerts circulating on video. One reason could be camcorders were still quite bulky at the time, making concealment more difficult. I know for a fact one of the concerts in circulation was filmed from

a private suite at the venue, rather ingenious I admit. I'll see if there are any audio recordings from this gig.

Ahh, yes. I forget how bulky and big camcorders used to be. Thanks for checking to see if there is any audio from this gig!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump..a few more from the Canadian show:-)

The Firm [Live '86] - Midnight Moonlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqLTPKcPjM

The Firm [Live '86] - Fortune Hunter ~ Found Somebody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9o4Y_P2hY

This is from the show in Cleveland Ohio, 5/11/86 "Royal Darkness" which is probably the best performance and best sounding show from this tour that I've heard so far. I have this one on disk. It's been under so many different venue dates and names that it's hard to be sure, but I have three different sources of this particular show which all point to the same date. Although the title here is from Canada. If you do some research you will find that it's most likely the Ohio date. No matter what and where it's from, it's a killer show-no doubt. Page's playing reminded me a little of Eddie VH from this era. He used alot of wammy bar and notes that remind me of VH. His style of playing this way only happened with the Firm. Amazing how he changed up his whole approach and style for this band.

Edited by Rock Historian

• 4 weeks later...

My first concert ever: The Firm, April? 1985 Rosemont Horizon, Chicago Illinois.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a great show indeed.Page was having a blast that night and having front row seats enhanced everything about it. Plenty of hot licks,sweat and drool that night.

• 3 weeks later...

I was so excited to hear about the formation of The Firm and really wanted to see them. As far as I know, they didn't play within reasonable driving distance of Blacksburg though (I was in college at the time and my car was not very reliable). I would be heartbroken if they played in Roanoke and I missed it :(

(I don't even remember how we found out about tour dates before the internet...some combination of local FM radio, posters in record stores and Rolling Stone magazine I guess?)