Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bong-Man

The Firm Thread

21 hours ago, The Pagemeister said:

Chris Slade Interview:

Great Interview.

Sadly, The Firm doesn't get much love around here. They are eternally cursed as Jimmy's first band after LZ with expectations they could never live up to.

One thing The Firm has in common with LZ is there were 4 distinct voices in the band. I dug that from the get-go.  That can't be said about Coverdale-Page or Page-Plant. Or any post Zep project.

I suspect once Jimmy is no longer with us, listeners with will rediscover this band's unique mojo. 

13 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Great Interview.

Sadly, The Firm doesn't get much love around here. They are eternally cursed as Jimmy's first band after LZ with expectations they could never live up to.

One thing The Firm has in common with LZ is there were 4 distinct voices in the band. I dug that from the get-go.  That can't be said about Coverdale-Page or Page-Plant. Or any post Zep project.

I suspect once Jimmy is no longer with us, listeners with will rediscover this band's unique mojo. 

I agree with you.  I also think the Firm’s stuff could do with a nice remix and/or remastering.  A little muddy in places..

10 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Cool 😎 

thx for posting 

R😎

It was a very cool journey for me to appreciate, the firm. There are times where they seem very simple and humble sounding....and then there are times where they were this simple humble kickass rock band. So much music to appreciate with the firm, with some of their songs seemingly flat in regards to what was going on in the mid 80s and as time goes on, thats why i appreciate those 2 records more. 

I guess there would never be a remaster series with companion discs. But for many years the firm vinyl sounded much better than the cds from decades ago. If they, the firm or jimmy ever gets to it, those compact discs deserve a remaster...because the fretless bass and drums were hindered alot on the cds for the overall sound. As for jimmy page and paul rodgers, such a cool accomplishment for creating a band where we did not think about led zep or bad co. 

Paul Rodgers recently on Trunk Nation talks about The Firm and Jimmy Page, etc.

The project board at SARM West Studios in Notting Hill, London (October 1985).

1985 10 19-25 SARM West Studios.jpg

SARM West Studios.png

Edited by SteveAJones