Jimmy Page and the future

Get it, you won't regret it! ;) Some wonderful Jimmy guitar and you would be hard to go wrong with Stephen's voice.

I did search YouTube yesterday to see if anyone had posted any of the 3 numbers he plays on, but sadly no luck.

I'm glad y'all brought this up. I'd heard of and forgotten it. There was some problem with the promo effort is my vague memory. This is around the time of Southern Cross, no? It's this and the Harper I've left to discover. Did we mention the Jimmy solo on that Rolling Stones tune in 1986? The first few notes are rippin' and then he takes an energy sapping B string bender detour.

I'm glad y'all brought this up. I'd heard of and forgotten it. There was some problem with the promo effort is my vague memory. This is around the time of Southern Cross, no? It's this and the Harper I've left to discover. Did we mention the Jimmy solo on that Rolling Stones tune in 1986? The first few notes are rippin' and then he takes an energy sapping B string bender detour.

The Harper album Whatever Happened to Jugula? I'd highly recommend checking it out. Fantastic record.

The Harper album Whatever Happened to Jugula? I'd highly recommend checking it out. Fantastic record.

I get up and I walk across the room

I get to the door - I've been there before

Wondering what I got up for

When all of a certain I remember

What I was going to say to you

Standing there watching my member

Hanging there squirting the loo

I'm really stoned

I'm really stoned

Permanently out my bone

I'm really stoned

I sit down on the phone I get the urge

To dump yesterday, flush it away

I hope the force is still with me

When sure enough the door flies off it's hinges

And there stands P.C. Bill Identikit

Saying 'I've got trouble finding where I'm going

'Coz my backside is very badly lit

'Hello, hello, hello

'My bloody head no longer seems to fit

'Hello, hello, hello

'And you're under arrest...

...and...'ello?'

I'm really stoned

I'm really stoned

Permanently out my bone

I'm really stoned

So come on, let go

Let your feelings show

There's something inside you

The person beside you really needs to know

Come on, change your mind

You never know what you might find

Break out the rizlas

And roll up a place to unwind

Well you can bust me once

You can bust me twice

But you'd have to top me

To finally stop me from loading my dice

'Coz I'm really stoned

I'm really stoned

Permanently out my bone

I'm really stoned

:D

Jimmy's current activity is not much different than say:

Paul Mccartney

Ringo Star

Paul Rodgers

Jeff Beck

Van halen

David Lee Roth

Sammy Hager (until very recently)

And many many others his age that have not done a lot in the past few years.

When your that age there are a lot of reasons not to be continuously involved in things.

Robert Plant is perhaps the exception to that rule.

He is one the few that have been continuously out there.

Jimmy's current activity is not much different than say:

Paul McCartney - Since The Beatles he has been very consistent with Wings and numerous solo tours for the last thirty years.

Ringo Starr - Not much but toured with The All Stars

Paul Rodgers - Since Free he has been with Bad Co., The Firm with Jimmy, Queen and now back with bad Co.

Jeff Beck - Played consistently over the years with Jam Hammer, Rod Stewart and solo.

The above are music legends, as for Van Halen, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hager et al, not in the same league IMO.

And many many others his age that have not done a lot in the past few years.

When your that age there are a lot of reasons not to be continuously involved in things.

Robert Plant is perhaps the exception to that rule.

He is one the few that have been continuously out there.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Interestingly blues players have no problem playing into their old age, BB King and Taj Mahal cases in point.

There are many others.

Paul McCartney in particular has worked almost non-stop, right up to the present day. :huh:

Let us hope this "work" continues indefinitely. I salute what McCartney has given the universe.

Maybe off topic a wee bit, but having seen several of the '98 P/P shows, Jimmy seemed more relaxed, and spot-on. I really think he was happy with WIC, and the working environment of the tour( back to a 4 piece for the most part). It just seems that Jimmy can't move on. It's a pity that he hasn't found anything else to spark his fire. Today I pulled out a disc of some stuff he did post '98. I have to admit, I would have loved to see where "Domino" could have went with Robert singing over that pure Jimmy nasty riff. And God bless the late, great, Michael Lee. I love this song...........

Maybe off topic a wee bit, but having seen several of the '98 P/P shows, Jimmy seemed more relaxed, and spot-on. I really think he was happy with WIC, and the working environment of the tour( back to a 4 piece for the most part). It just seems that Jimmy can't move on. It's a pity that he hasn't found anything else to spark his fire. Today I pulled out a disc of some stuff he did post '98. I have to admit, I would have loved to see where "Domino" could have went with Robert singing over that pure Jimmy nasty riff. And God bless the late, great, Michael Lee. I love this song...........

From what I understand there's a version of Domino featured in It Might Get Loud, but it's now being called Embryo...

I've said it before and will said it again. Jimmy is semi-retired and he'll do something substantial only when he feels like it, which at this rate is probably never. It's frustrating when he says things in interviews that makes it seem like he's working on something. I get the sense that he's just trying to avoid admitting to himself and the public that he's retired. But his action speak louder than words. He's dabbling here and there in low-impact stuff. The usual flurry of magazine interviews. Showing up at some award ceremonies. Maybe a couple one off live appearances a year. That's it. He's the grizzled warrior who keeps his axe sharp but rarely feels the need to use it other than to just show that he still can.

Embryo 1 or 2?

I don't know. I know there's an "Embryo 1" and an "Embryo 2" credited in the movie, and I know from reading a fan review that "Domino" is in the movie, so I can only assume that one of those two will be recognizable as "Domino".

Unlike most "new music by Jimmy" speculation, at least we know we'll have an answer to this mystery very soon!

I've said it before and will said it again. Jimmy is semi-retired and he'll do something substantial only when he feels like it, which at this rate is probably never. It's frustrating when he says things in interviews that makes it seem like he's working on something. I get the sense that he's just trying to avoid admitting to himself and the public that he's retired. But his action speak louder than words. He's dabbling here and there in low-impact stuff. The usual flurry of magazine interviews. Showing up at some award ceremonies. Maybe a couple one off live appearances a year. That's it. He's the grizzled warrior who keeps his axe sharp but rarely feels the need to use it other than to just show that he still can.

I wonder how much of his actions are frustrations of hoping that Robert would have a change of heart?

"As far as new music, yeah, I've got some new music. There's sort of little tastes and shades of it in the documentary. Bits. It's just a question of actually doing it now. Actually getting a project that I've had in mind for a while. I've just got to go and do it. Don't want to tell anyone about it. But, yes, I've got a big project I'm working on."

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/l...ack-white-talk/

Im sorry but what is WIC?tia.

tks for reporting this one Glicine...I was hoping for a :nuke: gig....perhaps, "it's" getting closer... ;)

Happy B to Jeff..

The crowd sang Jeff Happy Birthday last night and he was very happy.

Actually I'm surprised that the Pagettes haven't been running for the pics til now. ;)

Though I doubt "it" would come soon, or we can hope for the London gig in RAH next month, who knows.

The crowd sang Jeff Happy Birthday last night and he was very happy.

Actually I'm surprised that the Pagettes haven't been running for the pics til now. ;)

Though I doubt "it" would come soon, or we can hope for the London gig in RAH next month, who knows.

...slowly, but surely.........

I shall check out His Hotness......now... :D :D

Archived