Zeppelin Clothing in the 70's

Deborah J

Who made Jimmmy and JPJ's ensembles--- and the coat that Robert had that had a little Zebra in the material and it was a long coat --and what were the brand of jeans that Robert wore at Madison Square Garden for TSRTS?

Jimmy's costumes were made by a seamstress in Los Angeles named Coco. That's all I know for certain.

I've often wondered if Elton John's Tiny Dancer refers to her:

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band

Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand

And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Whoever made John Paul's coat with the onions hanging on it needs to step forward and be held accountable. :D

:D I always thought they looked like those Christmas tree ornaments that were popular in the 70's. Those satin ball ornaments you could get in different colors!

Whoever made John Paul's coat with the onions hanging on it needs to step forward and be held accountable. :D

Amen!

I've always considered that outfit, along with the page boy haircut, to be JPJ's dorky moment. Other than that, he always looked rather cool. Bonzo looked rather odd in the boiler suit and bowler. Made him look more overweight and older than he really was. Page and Plant never imo, ever looked bad.

:D I always thought they looked like those Christmas tree ornaments that were popular in the 70's. Those satin ball ornaments you could get in different colors!

This outfit is on display at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

A few of the "ornaments" look like little hearts.

The jacket is quite stunning and elaborate when viewed up close. It is like a patch-work quilt with ribbons and silk and satin patches of calico-ish material. I loved it! :)

They also had a pair of suede trowsers with short fringe down the outer seams. Part of the ensemble.

This was my favorite artifact at the RRHOF, along with one of Jonesy's bass guitars. It was full of symbols on the body and neck. Very intriguing.

By the way, these were the only two Zepp artifacts on display there. I was told by a security guard that people asked all the time to see more Zepp stuff, but that was all that they had.

Does anyone have a good photo of the jacket?

I have been looking but can't find one.

This outfit is on display at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

A few of the "ornaments" look like little hearts.

The jacket is quite stunning and elaborate when viewed up close. It is like a patch-work quilt with ribbons and silk and satin patches of calico-ish material. I loved it! :)

They also had a pair of suede trowsers with short fringe down the outer seams. Part of the ensemble.

This was my favorite artifact at the RRHOF, along with one of Jonesy's bass guitars. It was full of symbols on the body and neck. Very intriguing.

By the way, these were the only two Zepp artifacts on display there. I was told by a security guard that people asked all the time to see more Zepp stuff, but that was all that they had.

Does anyone have a good photo of the jacket?

I have been looking but can't find one.

I have always wanted to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. I wonder if it is still on display? Going out east, hopefully in September of this year. Might try to stop in Cleveland on the way back home.

I still have some of those - and I still put them on my Christmas tree every year! :D

Let's just be glad he didn't make it permanent stage attire! :lol:

Amen to that :blink:

I love that coat! It's awesome and I'd love to have because I would wear that thing everywhere.

Jimmy's costumes were made by a seamstress in Los Angeles named Coco. That's all I know for certain.

The tiny dancer of the song was Bernie Taupin's girlfriend at the time, Ev. She was a dancer and accompanied Elton John and Bernie Taupin as a seamstress too on their first tour in the US.

Well, I'm pretty sure you know it Ev, but I just couldn't help answering it. :D;)

The tiny dancer of the song was Bernie Taupin's girlfriend at the time, Ev. She was a dancer and accompanied Elton John and Bernie Taupin as a seamstress too on their first tour in the US.

Well, I'm pretty sure you know it Ev, but I just couldn't help answering it. :D;)

I never knew that! :D

I love to joke about that!! Talk about a WTF moment the first time I saw those! We were a little loopy one night, and I got on this thing of Jonesy "being the shy, quiet one" Then of course I said in my horrible accent "You're gonna notice me if I have to wear Christmas tree ornaments!!!" And we continued acting like idiots...

I still use ornaments like that! On my tree every year

I love to joke about that!! Talk about a WTF moment the first time I saw those! We were a little loopy one night, and I got on this thing of Jonesy "being the shy, quiet one" Then of course I said in my horrible accent "You're gonna notice me if I have to wear Christmas tree ornaments!!!" And we continued acting like idiots...

I still use ornaments like that! On my tree every year

Thanks foir the input so far. I am trveling this week, in Philly today, going to Manhattan tomorrow, then back home Friday. Miss being home....

Thanks foir the input so far. I am trveling this week, in Philly today, going to Manhattan tomorrow, then back home Friday. Miss being home....

I wish I could get away from home. I love traveling anyway, but I just need to get away now.

You're welcome for the input! However stupid it is...

• 2 months later...

There are quotes from Bernie in the Mysteries thread.

We came to California in the fall of 1970, and sunshine radiated from the populace. I was trying to capture the spirit of that time, encapsulated by the women we met--especially at the clothes stores up and down the Strip in L.A. They were free spirits, sexy in hip-huggers and lacy blouses, and very ethereal, the way they moved. So different from what I'd been used to in England. And they all wanted to sew patches on your jeans. They'd mother you and sleep with you--it was the perfect oedipal complex.

--Bernie Taupin

The jewelry that Robert used to wear during the LZ days are a great inspiration to my work (I'm a silver/goldsmith) B)

*edited to add....

Jimmy is also an ispiration to my work. :)

I made this pendant (a replica of Jimmy's) for a friend

pingentejimmypage.jpg

It's one of my favorite works. ;)

Amen!

I've always considered that outfit, along with the page boy haircut, to be JPJ's dorky moment. Other than that, he always looked rather cool. Bonzo looked rather odd in the boiler suit and bowler. Made him look more overweight and older than he really was. Page and Plant never imo, ever looked bad.

But this is tomorrow.......

The jewelry that Robert used to wear during the LZ days are a great inspiration to my work (I'm a silver/goldsmith) B)

*edited to add....

Jimmy is also an ispiration to my work. :)

I made this pendant (a replica of Jimmy's) for a friend

pingentejimmypage.jpg

It's one of my favorite works. ;)

Wow, amazing craftsmanship!

Archived