Zeppelin Clothing in the 70's

Deborah J

The jewelry that Robert used to wear during the LZ days are a great inspiration to my work (I'm a silver/goldsmith) B)

*edited to add....

Jimmy is also an ispiration to my work. :)

I made this pendant (a replica of Jimmy's) for a friend

pingentejimmypage.jpg

It's one of my favorite works. ;)

This is beautiful! Any pictures of other Zep inspired pieces?

Good ol' Levi's Hip Huggers I think. Remember those? ;)

I have a pendant as well, thought not as fine as the one Brspled made. :(

PendantEv.jpg

LOL!!!..thanks for finally answering the question. And I still have a few pair of Levi's Hip Huggers:-)

Good ol' Levi's Hip Huggers I think. Remember those? ;)

I have a pendant as well, thought not as fine as the one Brspled made. :(

PendantEv.jpg

Nice Ev! And beautiful work brspled!! I would love to learn to do that, I'm just beginning to make jewelry using beads and stones but the metal work really, really interests me!

Um...Ev, are you sure? I don't know where I heard this but I heard Robert wore girls jeans. I don't remember good ole Levis being that thin and tight...no way, :lol: !

The jewelry that Robert used to wear during the LZ days are a great inspiration to my work (I'm a silver/goldsmith) B)

*edited to add....

Jimmy is also an ispiration to my work. :)

I made this pendant (a replica of Jimmy's) for a friend

pingentejimmypage.jpg

It's one of my favorite works. ;)

Reckon you could make another? ;)

Nice Ev! And beautiful work brspled!! I would love to learn to do that, I'm just beginning to make jewelry using beads and stones but the metal work really, really interests me!

Um...Ev, are you sure? I don't know where I heard this but I heard Robert wore girls jeans. I don't remember good ole Levis being that thin and tight...no way, :lol: !

men's, womens...he just knew how to wear um!!!

men's, womens...he just knew how to wear um!!!

Agreed! :D

However, I'm quite certain these are not either Levis or mens jeans.

I don't remember Levis having front pockets like that and don't mens jeans zip using your left hand? The fly on these looks like a womans fly.

RobertPlant_jeans.jpg

Agreed! :D

However, I'm quite certain these are not either Levis or mens jeans.

I don't remember Levis having front pockets like that and don't mens jeans zip using your left hand? The fly on these looks like a womans fly.

RobertPlant_jeans.jpg

No that's just shirts. All pairs of Levis (men's) jeans are right handed whether they be zipped or button up. I know this from many years of holding my beer in my left hand while.... :beer:

No that's just shirts. All pairs of Levis (men's) jeans are right handed whether they be zipped or button up. I know this from many years of holding my beer in my left hand while.... :beer:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'll take your word for that Ev :)

*ahem* We could tell by taking a very close look at the back pockets to see if they have that distinctive Levi's stitching. <_<

I know, I know!! I couldn't find one though! OK, whoever comes up with a hiney shot gets a gold star!!

Thank you all! Many of my pieces are LZ inspired in some sort of way.....silver (or gold), natural stones (especially turquoise, corals, malaquit and crystals), well, I like to imagine that somehow one of the LZ boys would like to wear them, or to give them as a present to a beloved one.

Fans are sooooo silly. ;):lol::lol:

Who made Jimmmy and JPJ's ensembles--- and the coat that Robert had that had a little Zebra in the material and it was a long coat --and what were the brand of jeans that Robert wore at Madison Square Garden for TSRTS?

From what I can recall, many of the Zep guys' beautiful jackets were custom-made, hand-tailored at Granny Takes a Trip, most from the original store on Kings Road in Chelsea but they also purchased other pieces of clothing at the Granny stores in NYC and on Sunset Strip. I think Robert's zebra coat may have come from Granny. Robert did wear a silvery jacket/coat that did come from Granny. The jacket that John Bonham is wearing in the forum photo (above) looks like it might be from Granny. Even Cole wore jackets from there. I seem to remember that the large satin labels inside the jackets had an image of a woman on them. The old photos don't do justice to the beauty of these jackets and coats!

As far as the hip hugger jeans, I can't say for sure what brand they were but many times the identifying clothing companies' labels were removed from the outside/rear of the jeans so it might not be possible to tell what brand they were. I can't speak specifically for Robert's jeans but, in order to have a skin-tight or perfect fit, the inside seams of the jeans (and also shirts) were often taken in. I remember doing this a lot for guys in the 70s, carefully removing the outer/rear labels and taking in the seams of jeans and shirts.

With regard to the Zep guys' clothes when they were on the road, I have spoken to people who spent a bit of time with the band during their early tours here in the U.S. and they told me that, either in order to save money or fear of losing pieces of the Zep guys' wardrobe (or a bit of both), the young women fans would do mending, cleaning, ironing, stitching up seams, etc. for the Zep guys' and for some of the members of their entourage.

I could probably go back and ask those people if they remember anything else but I don't want to bother them with too many questions.;)

From what I can recall, many of the Zep guys' beautiful jackets were custom-made, hand-tailored at Granny Takes a Trip, most from the original store on Kings Road in Chelsea but they also purchased other pieces of clothing at the Granny stores in NYC and on Sunset Strip. I think Robert's zebra coat may have come from Granny. Robert did wear a silvery jacket/coat that did come from Granny. The jacket that John Bonham is wearing in the forum photo (above) looks like it might be from Granny. Even Cole wore jackets from there. I seem to remember that the large satin labels inside the jackets had an image of a woman on them. The old photos don't do justice to the beauty of these jackets and coats!

As far as the hip hugger jeans, I can't say for sure what brand they were but many times the identifying clothing companies' labels were removed from the outside/rear of the jeans so it might not be possible to tell what brand they were. I can't speak specifically for Robert's jeans but, in order to have a skin-tight or perfect fit, the inside seams of the jeans (and also shirts) were often taken in. I remember doing this a lot for guys in the 70s, carefully removing the outer/rear labels and taking in the seams of jeans and shirts.

With regard to the Zep guys' clothes when they were on the road, I have spoken to people who spent a bit of time with the band during their early tours here in the U.S. and they told me that, either in order to save money or fear of losing pieces of the Zep guys' wardrobe (or a bit of both), the young women fans would do mending, cleaning, ironing, stitching up seams, etc. for the Zep guys' and for some of the members of their entourage.

I could probably go back and ask those people if they remember anything else but I don't want to bother them with too many questions.;)

Hello MSG! Thank you for sharing the info. I guess the jeans will be a mystery:-)

Archived