What did you eat?

_Lena_Zep

Haha! Love ya Nine! I've been mowing this one with the pine nuts for 'bout a month. Now I got one that's red bell pepper! My pants are a little bit tighter! But I love it so!

Thanks Costco! :lol:

And don't get me started on the shrimp ceviche!!!!

Love ya too Ev! It's great with the pine nuts. Sabra brand? They make it that way. I actually make my own sometimes. It's super easy to do and very tasty :D I get either garlic or lemon flavored but the pepper is good too.

What does hummus taste like? I've never had it.

Hard to describe what it tastes like. It's basically ground up chick peas with tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and whatever else you want. It's creamy and you can use it as a dip or as a sandwich, sauce, whatever. It's really really really really good :yesnod:

Don't hate me but...yeah, I had sushi again tonight. Koji at The Orleans. Man it was excellent! Nothing beats having your best friends in town on your birthday week! Well, that and a twenty year tradition of going out for sushi whenever we get together! ;)

Awful meatloaf because I made it :o:D good mashed taters, they came out of a box :P

I'm not a cook. I prefer restaurants or putting something in the microwave.

Happy Birthday Evster! Sounds like your off to a good start with the celebrating.

Happy Birthday Evster! Sounds like your off to a good start with the celebrating.

Aw thanks! Tomorrow we're supposed to go to this really fancy Italian place. Ironically, my b-day is Friday, and their tournament ends Thursday (Annual Nationals Bowling). So odds are I'll be spending my actual b-day sitting at home watching TNT and eating hot dogs!!! :lol:

Don't hate me but...yeah, I had sushi again tonight. Koji at The Orleans. Man it was excellent! Nothing beats having your best friends in town on your birthday week! Well, that and a twenty year tradition of going out for sushi whenever we get together! ;)

Happy Birthday Ev :D!

And the brithday food fest ends with a satisfying burp! Tonight my buds took us out to Carluccio's in Vegas. The restaurant was designed by Liberace. The decor and the food were amazing! Started off with warm bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then had mushrooms stuffed with garlic and parmesan and sauteed in olive oil. Then a Caesar Salad. Main course was "Seafood Diablo": Clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp, and scallops tossed in olive oil, parmesan, garlic and spices and served on a bed of linguini. For dessert the servers sang me Happy B-day and presented me with a "Parisiene Truffle": Dark chocolate ice cream with a raspberry sorbet center dipped in a dark chocolate shell.

There were no leftovers.

I wish to thank my dear friends for feeding me like a king for the last three days! I look forward to the reciprosity!

The diet starts now! :lol:

Aw thanks! Tomorrow we're supposed to go to this really fancy Italian place. Ironically, my b-day is Friday, and their tournament ends Thursday (Annual Nationals Bowling). So odds are I'll be spending my actual b-day sitting at home watching TNT and eating hot dogs!!! :lol:

Happy early Birthday :birthday:

My daughter's birthday is also Friday and my son and husband have birthdays today :)

• 4 weeks later...
I've just had dinner with a few friends at an all you can eat Brazilian steak house. OMG what a feast! I've never eaten so much steak in all my life. Just incredible...memorable.

OMG is right! We have one two towns over and have gone there a few times. Guaranteed great time and all you can possibly eat of the best cooked meat I've ever had!! The atmopshere is jovial and fun and they just keep coming around with huge hunks of meat on great big skewers and the keep sliciing and serving, slicing and serving, slicing and serving! And the sangria is flowing and flowing! One of my fave dining experiences with groups of friends!

On that note...I just had a banana and some almonds for breakfast ; )

And the brithday food fest ends with a satisfying burp! Tonight my buds took us out to Carluccio's in Vegas. The restaurant was designed by Liberace. The decor and the food were amazing! Started off with warm bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then had mushrooms stuffed with garlic and parmesan and sauteed in olive oil. Then a Caesar Salad. Main course was "Seafood Diablo": Clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp, and scallops tossed in olive oil, parmesan, garlic and spices and served on a bed of linguini. For dessert the servers sang me Happy B-day and presented me with a "Parisiene Truffle": Dark chocolate ice cream with a raspberry sorbet center dipped in a dark chocolate shell.

There were no leftovers.

I wish to thank my dear friends for feeding me like a king for the last three days! I look forward to the reciprosity!

The diet starts now! :lol:

yum!! Happy (late) Birthday Ev!!

Archived