Logan Plant

• 1 year later...

Lol Deborah, just found it out via Facebook some weeks ago that he turned into brewing.

Wonder how it tastes, since it's quite expensive.

It's artisan beer. It's made in relatively small batches so they don't have the economies of scale that a large-scale brewery uses to keep manufacturing costs down.

• 2 months later...

As this is on the forum can I ask which of Roberts children gave him the five Grandchildren as I watched the BBC interview where he named four them. I gather Logan is married but not sure if he has got kids.

Don't quote me on this but three from Carmen and two from Logan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ LOL

So I got a notice on FB about this via RP's FB - http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/BestBrewers-World2015.asp Beavertown has been named one of the top brewers in the world. Awesome achievement, yeah?!

It's all well and good, but then how can one really know whether their beer's top notch? So I went to my local LCBO after work today as one does on a snowy Wednesday to get something with dinner and guess what? Turns out Beavertown's Black Betty Black IPA is now sold here! I had no idea, and though I'm not a fan of the strange skulls and other such design drawings, it caught my eye enough for me to read the name which I recognized from discussions here.

Black Betty's described here as having coffee, chocolate, sweet whiskey and oak flavours. Honestly, most of those didn't register on my palate, but I tasted instead lovely bright citrus, a little bitterness (not overpowering, just right), a touch of chocolate, and the perfect, and I mean fucking perfect amount of sweetness. I don't have that beer-tasting jargon that you read in beer or wine reviews, but this is a dangerously delicious beer.

p.s. At 7.4%, it made for a slightly wobbly workout after dinner, but was worth it :D

• 1 year later...

its a good thing he cut his hair and gave up the music dream. he looked a bit like a greasy sleaze ball with long hair and he just didn't have the voice, especially not to follow up with the massive expectations people would have for being the son of plant.  I do see a resemblance though. he looks much better with the whole modern ladys man look.

31f815c467caf897d0917c89216e00d4.jpgtumblr_n8oiefcXD31syj9jvo1_500.jpg

MRPORTER_MrPlant_normal.jpg96a3a205b51b7331b99835b33c3cf9d5.jpg

Just now, sk8rat said:

its a good thing he cut his hair and gave up the music dream. he looked a bit like a greasy sleaze ball with long hair and he just didn't have the voice, especially not to follow up with the massive expectations people would have for being the son of plant.  I do see a resemblance though. he looks much better with the whole modern ladys man look.

31f815c467caf897d0917c89216e00d4.jpgtumblr_n8oiefcXD31syj9jvo1_500.jpg

MRPORTER_MrPlant_normal.jpg96a3a205b51b7331b99835b33c3cf9d5.jpg

Does Logan Plant model?  The two middle photos look like an for men's cologne.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Does Logan Plant model?  The two middle photos look like an for men's cologne.

no, he just modeled for those two photos because he was asked. they asked him because he is robert plants son. the other people they used as models were also related to really famous people. the pictures are from 2012. 

quote from the link below.

None of the chosen three are known for modelling - 21-year-old Brando is currently studying medicine in Paris, Plant is a brewer and Peck is a television actor. The campaign will officially launch tomorrow on MRPORTER.COM.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/02/06/mr-porter-hires-tuki-brando-ethan-peck-and-logan-plant

• 2 months later...

Beavertown is an amazing brewery and probably *the* most dynamic of all the hundreds of new craft brewers that have sprung up in the UK over the last 5 years or so. I made a small profit out of some shares I bought in Camden Brewery when they recently sold out to Anheuser Busch (boo!) and decided I'd like to put the money into Beavertown. Their social media girl said 'we aren't looking to sell any equity at the moment but perhaps you would like to invest in the company via the medium of our delicious range of craft beers' :) Black Betty - a black IPA - is probably my favourite beer around at the moment. The boy done good.

Archived