Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

Listen to Plant's comment at the end. I think that spiked water came before the show, not during

Most of his performance is unaffected so it probably occured towards the end of the show backstage during Moby Dick. Whatever the case he is still adamant he was handed a spiked drink that night. You may recall he even commented about it while onstage in Vancouver two years later. Something along the lines of "Vancouver, a nice place to play, but not to be spiked".

Most of his performance is unaffected so it probably occured towards the end of the show backstage during Moby Dick. Whatever the case he is still adamant he was handed a spiked drink that night. You may recall he even commented about it while onstage in Vancouver two years later. Something along the lines of "Vancouver, a nice place to play, but not to be spiked".

Not that it matters but it was pretty clear to most of us sitting in our section that right from the get go, Robert was not well that night . Mind you, neither were we :D

Not that it matters but it was pretty clear to most of us sitting in our section that right from the get go, Robert was not well that night . Mind you, neither were we :D

This from the official timeline:

"Vancouver, good night" says Plant as the band left the stage. With the eager audience cheering for encores - there would be no encores this night. The show was brought to a sudden conclusion with a shocking stage announcement by one of the promoters.

The roaring crowd was quickly brought to deafening silence: "Ladies and gentlemen, Led Zeppelin has left the building.... please stop for just a moment. They're trying to get Robert Plant to a hospital. Please very orderly try to cool it with the traffic while we try to get the limos through the traffic. We have to get Robert Plant to the hospital in the next few minutes. They said to thank you, you've been an unbelievable audience... we apologize....thank you Vancouver." Plant was reportedly given a "spiked" drink while backstage causing him

to fall ill. -- Sam Rapallo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Plant adamantly believes he was given a spiked drink backstage during Moby Dick.

He commented on this incident during their next performance in Vancouver on March 21st 1975 and again in Seattle on July 17th 1977 while dedicating 'Black Country Woman' when he said: "To all the people from British Columbia, Vancouver and all the places around there" and then added "Vancouver - it's not a nice place to get spiked, but it's a nice place to play."

He discussed this incident again when the Page/Plant tour was in Vancouver in Sep 1998.

-- Steve A. Jones

Ally, perhaps you can make a New Years' resolution to add to the timeline this month your eyewitness accounts/reviews for all of the gigs you attended.

This from the official timeline:

"Vancouver, good night" says Plant as the band left the stage. With the eager audience cheering for encores - there would be no encores this night. The show was brought to a sudden conclusion with a shocking stage announcement by one of the promoters.

The roaring crowd was quickly brought to deafening silence: "Ladies and gentlemen, Led Zeppelin has left the building.... please stop for just a moment. They're trying to get Robert Plant to a hospital. Please very orderly try to cool it with the traffic while we try to get the limos through the traffic. We have to get Robert Plant to the hospital in the next few minutes. They said to thank you, you've been an unbelievable audience... we apologize....thank you Vancouver." Plant was reportedly given a "spiked" drink while backstage causing him

to fall ill. -- Sam Rapallo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Plant adamantly believes he was given a spiked drink backstage during Moby Dick.

He commented on this incident during their next performance in Vancouver on March 21st 1975 and again in Seattle on July 17th 1977 while dedicating 'Black Country Woman' when he said: "To all the people from British Columbia, Vancouver and all the places around there" and then added "Vancouver - it's not a nice place to get spiked, but it's a nice place to play."

He discussed this incident again when the Page/Plant tour was in Vancouver in Sep 1998.

-- Steve A. Jones

Ally, perhaps you can make a New Years' resolution to add to the timeline this month your eyewitness accounts/reviews for all of the gigs you attended.

The end of concert accounts are totally correct and we have the 73 bootleg with the announcement so I'm not questioning those events or if his water was spiked. I just know that Robert appeared very tired from the start and his comment at the end of Black Dog tells it's own story. It was also quite clear that both Jimmy and Bonzo knew something wasn't right and it was also clear that Jimmy wasn't happy about it. Anywho, this is a conversation for a different thread and yes, I'll add my accounts to the Timeline :P:lol:

Orlando Magic

It's weird how often Plant's voice cracked even on some of the earliest concerts!! And then in 73 and up to 77 way to often!! But atleast up to 77 everybody else had almost no technicall flaws, except Jimmy now and then.

I wonder what audiences though of Robert's vocal cracks in the early seventies!? I mean who cares for technicall perfection, it's the magic that counts! But I think Zep would probably have about 15% more audience, with more technicall perfection!

I think Plant was certainly capable of doing ANYTHING he wanted with his voice, but at times when he wanted to do something very hard, he just didn't know exactly what to do in technical terms, so his voice cracked at times. I think his very high voice would also be better preserved if he would have a better technique and no smoking and drinking ofcourse.

Perhaps on this concert in Orlando Plant also lacked some self confidence, who knows why!!?? Perhaps the rather poor audience response at the start!??

Edited by Matjaz1

Hi friends,

I'm new and trying to still figure out the ins and outs of this site for basic technical stuff. I was going to post a reply to a thread last night and include a You Tube clip. But when I did the preview it just showed the copy/paste url string which I think it might have just been a hyper-link.

But, I never see hyper-links on other replies. So, I want to see if that hyper-link is automatically "opened up" so to speak if I actually post. I thought it would be okay to try out in this spot since this is exclusively y/tube video's.

So, here is a one of my favorite clips of the band live. I hope it wasn't just posted somewhere in the previous pages since I didn't check them all. If it shows up only as a link to click on would someone post or PM me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks very much! :) missy

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v16CxX_2qec

Hi friends,

I'm new and trying to still figure out the ins and outs of this site for basic technical stuff. I was going to post a reply to a thread last night and include a You Tube clip. But when I did the preview it just showed the copy/paste url string which I think it might have just been a hyper-link.

But, I never see hyper-links on other replies. So, I want to see if that hyper-link is automatically "opened up" so to speak if I actually post. I thought it would be okay to try out in this spot since this is exclusively y/tube video's.

So, here is a one of my favorite clips of the band live. I hope it wasn't just posted somewhere in the previous pages since I didn't check them all. If it shows up only as a link to click on would someone post or PM me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks very much! :) missy

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v16CxX_2qec

Your link is dead, you need to click the box with 3 little coloured boxes and paste your link there (see above when you reply in post)

Edited by Conneyfogle

Okay, here was what I was originally trying to post last night. I was bowled over by the sound of the Black Country Communion. Was that voice I heard Glenn Hughes from Trapeze?? I don't know him from any other bands but this song was so good I wanted to post. Perhaps someone else remembers it too? Wow, Jason's new band will be rocking the house for sure. B) missy