Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

I have enjoyed seeing the recent clips of Robert Plant mixing it up musically via Band of Joy.

But, I must confess something.

I miss hearing the sheer musical magic Jimmy Page brings when he plays.......even if it is not with Zep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejL5KIGhpM&feature=related

It looks like there are 4 guitar players backing him?! Is that possible?

And he went out and performed this as the solo guitarist with Led Zeppelin in the day!

Yep, genius he is.........:) missy

It looks like there are 4 guitar players backing him?! Is that possible?

There are two guitarists playing rhythm, Audley Freed (stage left) and Rich Robinson (stage right) and bassist Jeff Cease.

And he went out and performed this as the solo guitarist with Led Zeppelin in the day!

Yep, genius he is.........:) missy

The only thing different here is that he's supported by two rhythm guitarists, the leads Page plays live aren't all that different from how he performed the song with Led Zeppelin. Chris Robinson has had less than favorable things to say about Page (and this tour) but he sure seems to be enjoying himself here. Much as I like the Crowes, I have to believe that most of the time, Chris Robinson is full of shit.

There are two guitarists playing rhythm, Audley Freed (stage left) and Rich Robinson (stage right) and bassist Jeff Cease.

The only thing different here is that he's supported by two rhythm guitarists, the leads Page plays live aren't all that different from how he performed the song with Led Zeppelin. Chris Robinson has had less than favorable things to say about Page (and this tour) but he sure seems to be enjoying himself here. Much as I like the Crowes, I have to believe that most of the time, Chris Robinson is full of shit.

Well, honestly I don't know anything about rhythm guiartists or what exactly they do for support to the main guitar player. Don't worry I'll google it.

Meantime, why don't you give this a listen? I think unfortunately Robert's voice cracks a little in a couple spots, but Jimmy?

Jimmy Page's playing is perfect and gorgeous to my ears. All by himself too (obviously including JPJ and John Bonham). You don't like me much, do you?.......................missy

You don't like me much, do you?.......................missy

All I did was explain why there were three guitarists (plus a bassist) on stage and what they were playing. I'm not sure how you would interpret that as me not liking you. You seem fine to me but if you ask a question and someone answers it, it's not to belittle you. If that's the impression you got, it's certainly not how I intended it.