Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

No doubt this has been posted before —the Master watching the apprentice —have to love this. Jimmy asking for alcohol free beer, how things have changed -I can imagine Richard Cole’s reaction to that request !

Edited by Paganini

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the comments on Zeppelin videos are interesting or funny.  One person commented about June 22, 1977 "Dude, that Page solo in OTHAFA was crispy."  Crispy indeed !

Other comments are head scratchers.  Recently someone commented on the new Osaka soundboard complaining about why doesn't Zeppelin ever play the songs the way they were on the albums. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Hey porgie66, is this something you are putting together or a part of?

One thing that I would love to see at some point - a tribute band that nails different live era's perfectly. The crisp, confident early years, The 73/75 shows, somewhat of a representation of what '77 would have been like with the intensity and manic drums and power, and some of the intense '80 tour like WLL, TU, ALS, etc.

Not all in the one show, (or maybe - but split into "segments") but choose a period, and create a tribute show for that period. Then change once it gets routine. I'm not sure if that exists, but it should! I reckon it would kick ass.

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Hey porgie66, is this something you are putting together or a part of?

One thing that I would love to see at some point - a tribute band that nails different live era's perfectly. The crisp, confident early years, The 73/75 shows, somewhat of a representation of what '77 would have been like with the intensity and manic drums and power, and some of the intense '80 tour like WLL, TU, ALS, etc.

Not all in the one show, (or maybe - but split into "segments") but choose a period, and create a tribute show for that period. Then change once it gets routine. I'm not sure if that exists, but it should! I reckon it would kick ass.

Yes, I am the drummer. We have talked about that concept actually and I think we will do some more live era style covers on the future, but right now we are going to mostly focus on studio versions, although we did just do a 73 style Celebration Day.  I am really keen to try the era specific versions ....it'd be a really interesting thing to explore. Every tour seemed to have a different sound, and they evolved so rapidly especially after 1970. 

6 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Yes, I am the drummer. We have talked about that concept actually and I think we will do some more live era style covers on the future, but right now we are going to mostly focus on studio versions, although we did just do a 73 style Celebration Day.  I am really keen to try the era specific versions ....it'd be a really interesting thing to explore. Every tour seemed to have a different sound, and they evolved so rapidly especially after 1970. 

Great stuff, good luck with it. Oh, and bring it to Australia! ;)

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Dee dee, dee dee, dededededede......

Was i the only one doing that at the end?

Great job Porgie. Looks like a lot of work!

Thanks! It's one of the most challenging Zep tunes to play for sure, but I've been playing it a long time. I'd love to play it live someday...hopefully we can get this Virtual Zeppelin out of the hangar! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 6:17 AM, rm2551 said:

I like this guys reactions to Zep, also this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luN29Q8Agb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e87L9DbhzxY

I love this guy.  I like to listen to music with people especially Zeppelin and even though it's a video I felt like I was in the room with him and he and I think very much alike when it comes to Zeppelin.  His thoughts and focus were very similar to my own.  I would love to sit down and listen to Dazed with this guy. I wonder how he'd fair with a 30 or more minute jam.

Edited by hummingbird69

• 2 weeks later...