Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

Jimmy has always been very gracious to the fans, at least from what I have seen and experienced. I met him in 1985 at the Pointe Tapatio in Phoenix when he was touring with the Firm. We talked for about 30 minutes about guitar, how he feels about touring and playing live, and a wee bit about his old home in Pangbourne. Just a great guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Our newest YouTube video drops today at 3pm EST, and features Jimmy Sakurai on guitar.  Hope you all dig it. We feel it came off pretty well, considering we are in 4 different places !  Chicago, NY, Cleveland and Tokyo!

On 6/21/2020 at 1:38 AM, porgie66 said:

Our newest YouTube video drops today at 3pm EST, and features Jimmy Sakurai on guitar.  Hope you all dig it. We feel it came off pretty well, considering we are in 4 different places !  Chicago, NY, Cleveland and Tokyo!

Ok, for some reason I have to post this again,

I have not been shy about my unfavorable opinion of Mr. Sakurai but in this instance, together, you guys nailed it. I actually felt the hair on my arms rise up a bit. Great job!!!!   

Well done. Sakurai is the second best thing to Page, very nice of him to join you.

• Administrators

Sounds great!

On 6/20/2020 at 10:38 PM, porgie66 said:

:thumbsup:Fucking excellent guys!

Thank you I really enjoyed that. On a side note, when the band played live and Mr Jones had such a intertwined and complicated keyboard and bass line throughout a number which instrament did he end up playing live.

Edited by anniemouse

This video proves that Led Zeppelin did not "steal" form their progenitors.  What she is doing in this video is exactly what Zeppelin did.  35 years or so years had passed before Led Zeppelin came on the scene with their versions and this is more than 30 years out from Led Zeppelin One. She isn't really singing Whole Lotta Love and the band aren't really playing it either.  The only similarities are in the bass line when we hear Nana nana na and the slides she is doing after that it really becomes a different song and if she fleshed it out with a true solo and a chorus and put it out as new she would have a point but because we can still listen to Led Zeppelin today in a way that most people aren't even aware of the old blues masters this is considered a cover rather than stealing.

You say why didn't they credit the originals, because Robert never sang anything verbatim and Jimmy changed the riffs so much that their covers became something different all together. If they really had no consideration for their inspiration Robert wouldn't have ever talked about them during their concerts.

p.S. the 2 moans she delivers are Hot As Hell

Edited by hummingbird69

Saw this a few years ago, then it got blocked.  Now the audio is back.  They leave the guitar in for the intro to establish the song, then the guitar is pretty well muted so you can focus on the incredible bass and drums. 

12 hours ago, John M said:

Saw this a few years ago, then it got blocked.  Now the audio is back.  They leave the guitar in for the intro to establish the song, then the guitar is pretty well muted so you can focus on the incredible bass and drums. 

What a great example of just why they were untouchable. Every layer in the song was so crazy good. Nothing just to "fill out" the music, everything is genius.