Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

There is a truly fantastic, new YouTube channel (link below) by a musical composer that is currently doing reactions and play-alongs to Zep tunes.  He's started out with the majority of the cuts from LZ II.  I think he has a genuinely fun, intelligent insight into Page's playing in particular.  He's quite a good player to boot :)

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99LozWs8451NBo7DzCdyug

Edited by Paimonus Rex

42 minutes ago, Paimonus Rex said:

There is a truly fantastic, new YouTube channel (link below) by a musical composer that is currently doing reactions and play-alongs to Zep tunes.  He's started out with the majority of the cuts from LZ II.  I think he has a genuinely fun, intelligent insight into Page's playing in particular.  He's quite a good player to boot :)

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99LozWs8451NBo7DzCdyug

Yes, fun and insightful from a playing AND composing point of view.  I have seen them all.  They are all worthwhile.  The last one was Moby Dick.  I thought, how much can he do with that one?   Well he really broke it down and talked about swing, syncopation, and the very interesting structure of all the guitar parts.  This guy really appreciates Page's composition and playing, and he offers good insights into it from the musical point of view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I already hate this guy

Lol. Tell how you really feel.

Agree his opinions of choices are not the best live examples of their catalog as an overview. If he dug much deeper, he’d find a lot better examples. 

R😎

10 hours ago, reids said:

Lol. Tell how you really feel.

Agree his opinions of choices are not the best live examples of their catalog as an overview. If he dug much deeper, he’d find a lot better examples. 

R😎

I didn't get past his second hot take on live zep.  If you do not understand that listening from home is far different experience than being there then he shouldn't be pontificating on the merits of a drum solo that not only functioned as a showcase for Bonzo, but as a break for the rest of the band. Dazed too long?  Not in my book. With Dazed you got your moneys worth right there. I know people complain its so long but if you don't have the attention span to listen to a 30 min dazed then how do you make it through a 30 min sitcom?  

If you ask the people who were there they will tell you they were blown away and that's all that counts, no amount of armchair quarterbacking can diminish  the Greatness  of Led Zeppelin live.

Edited by hummingbird69

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

I didn't get past his second hot take on live zep.  If you do not understand that listening from home is far different experience than being there then he shouldn't be pontificating on the merits of a drum solo that not only functioned as a showcase for Bonzo, but as a break for the rest of the band. Dazed too long?  Not in my book. With Dazed you got your moneys worth right there. I know people complain its so long but if you don't have the attention span to listen to a 30 min dazed then how do you make it through a 30 min sitcom?  

If you ask the people who were there they will tell you they were blown away and that's all that counts, no amount of armchair quarterbacking can diminish  the Greatness  of Led Zeppelin live.

Agree.

R😎👍 🏈 

17 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

💯👍🏻