I Like Fanny

Ady

I actually saw these girls at the old East Town in Detroit and that would have been around 1971. If memory serves me correctly, they shared the bill with Iggy/The Stooges and Illusion. Fanny kicked fanny ;)

Excellent stuff. I read that a lot of bands wanted them as a support act such as Deep Purple and Jethro Tull.

Good article here: http://www.metalmaidens.com/fanny.htm

I'm far too afraid to even Google this band :D

Please tell me that they were American. I'd like to think they would've had the good sense to not name themselves as such if they weren't.

Thanks for the link, Ady, I'd never heard of them before.

I seriously thought we'd gone into dangerous territory for a second...

I'm far too afraid to even Google this band :D

Please tell me that they were American. I'd like to think they would've had the good sense to not name themselves as such if they weren't.

Thanks for the link, Ady, I'd never heard of them before.

I seriously thought we'd gone into dangerous territory for a second...

More than likely ldw, I think it's only us Brits that use the term fanny in reference to...err..you know what! :D

More than likely ldw, I think it's only us Brits that use the term fanny in reference to...err..you know what! :D

:lol: Actually my mom used to say fanny sometimes :o And it's also a first name for women. Poor souls <_<

But as for the group - never heard of them.

:lol: ....

But as for the group - never heard of them.

A bit before your time then...There was another all girl rock band from around the same time Called Bertha, they had an album on the Probe label called Bertha Has Balls............ So now we have Balls and Fannys in the same thread.. lol..........sorry i could'nt resist it...must be the smoke.

I'd never heard of them either. It was only when I saw them on TOGWT on BBC FOUR.

I read that Jean Millington (bass/voc) had a fling with David Bowie and ended up marrying his guitarist, Earl Slick.

David Bowie was a huge fan apparently, he said this: "They were extraordinary: They wrote everything, they played like motherf*ckers, they were just colossal and wonderful."

• 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2009 at 3:37 PM, JTM said:

Hey...If you call her Frumpy, You'll never get her Fanny. lol.

Frumpy video above taken down, but I found another. 

R😎

Edited by reids

Seriously, they should have known better than to use a name like 'Fanny'. They were too good to be saddled with a silly name that would draw dismissive snickers, whether you were from the U.S. or the U.K.  A golden opportunity lost.

• 2 years later...